Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Plekanec did come on strong in the latter half of this series. He was middling tonight but honestly that puts him in the upper half of our players tonight. He won’t come back be he had a decent series, which is more than you can say for some of our supposed core players.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I'd love to have Plekanec back.

Only UFA I have a remote interest in bringing back

Same here. I have no interest in Moore, JVR, Bozak, Komo and Polak

They can all play somewhere else

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
1 goal lead going into the 3rd was the players. To give up 4 goals in the 3rd! That's on the coaches!!!!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Make your own list if you would like.

Anderson kept you in the series and saved your bacon to reach game 7. The D core and forwards failed to probably backcheck and protect him. Hardly his fault because the D in front of him was as stable as a wet noodle.
he was good in our wins, but terrible and generally a big reason for our losses. Overall he was bad

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
McDonagh sure would have helped.

But I'm sure the Leafs have something better than that planned, which is why they didn't make the deal, instead letting a rival Eastern contender that was already better on defence get him...right?

Didn't you hear? We didn't have the pieces to trade for him. Unless you hate Dermott, Kapanen and/or Lilygren.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
i'd love to know how andersen is our #1 star and Marner is only a second honorary mention
I'd love to know how Ron Hainsey was in the honorable mention. Can replace his dopey *** with Dermott. What a smart dman he is and a great future he will have.

Edit Had to get the asterik's in. The Whiskey took over my keyboard.

Last edited:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
**** off. Andersen is the only reason we made it to 7

You're right, if it weren't for Andersen we win the series in 6. He was unacceptably bad in games 2 and 7, and bad in game 1 too.

Leafs fans need to stop coddling the goalies. .887 in a series is not NHL caliber goaltending, there's just no world in which that's acceptable. And his regular season numbers were just average, so don't give me this "we wouldn't have made the playoffs without him" bullshit.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
The Hyman love here is amazing to me. Solid guy that works his ass off but he shouldn’t be anywhere near Auston Matthews and that was abundantly clear in the playoffs.

I don’t want to be too critical but I’m absolutely sick of seeing him fumble the puck and fall on the ice. He can’t make plays, plain and simple.

That’s fine. Put him in the bottom six. Let him work his ass off and do what he can for the team. But he shouldn’t be anywhere near our number 1 centre who clearly needs talent to work with.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Andersen had such a bipolar series. AMAZING desperation saves, and far too many softies.

I'm not giving up on the guy because he has flashes of pure brilliance, but I'm really hoping Sparks pans out just in case...

This what Andersen is; a goalie who seems impenetrable one minute and then a goalie who lets in baffling softies the next. He is not a big game player, mentally weak

Reactions: dsred and Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Speaking for myself. Not disappointed because we lost disappointed in how we loss. Wasn't looking for the kids to lead us, shouldn't be an expectation. Was looking for our vets too but only Marleau showed. JvR and Bozak where invisible this game but Bozak looked engaged in the series as a whole. Kadri and his red mist. Gardiner was a -5, that is not acceptable.

Yes we are a young team, but a young team that should be headed to the second round of the older players didn't disappear.

A 20 year old was our best player in Marner. That accolade should be going to Kadri, Reully or Andersen.

Team will be great in a few years.

I actually thought Bozak played well with out the puck tonight. But, yes, it would be nice if they scored.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Mitch Marner was their best by a mile....he didn't get many opportunities playing with checking centre Plekanec but he still is dangerous every time he gets the puck and he competes like Hyman..
Hyman played an excellent series but he is miscast by Babcock....he belongs on the checking line..not the scoring line..

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Matthews played ok playing hurt. :clap: He had some chances.
Our otha suckas like kadri, marner etc MARLEAU played real physical and skated hard ass tight. Marleau scored two goals tonight almost at age 40, he our great one. Kadri was treal physical again too.

Too bad gardiner (and I rarely diss players) played his worst game tonight... he was very awful in the first period. Ok in the second and worst again in the dirty third. I mean the man had time in the first period but still made erras.....
He should be better next season. Our otha suckas played real cool, Polak and all. They hard as ass.

Babcock showed reg.season who's the boss. He truly controlled everybody ass. Threw them around and bounced on em like eminem.

Reactions: Azazel

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am a Canucks fan. I have no bias here. Except maybe wanting Tanev moved to Toronto but I'm just soaking it in from a distance. Once things settle and emotions are resolved you guys will find out whats right. A D man would have helped whether that be Tanev, Green, or some other older d man with upside who could help stabilize the load and help insulate the kids. Zaitsev cost you guys like 2 games early on. He was on the ice for nearly every goal against.

preaching to the choir, dude. i was banging that drum from last year
all i get told was "well we have the puck all the time." Pittsburgh this, Pittsburgh that "Defense is over-rated."

and then i ask "well what happens when we don't have the puck."
well games like this happen. that's what.

Reactions: Al14

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Man I miss the days this team had a pair of balls. Roberts, Sundin, Tucker, Domi, Corson, Belfour, Cujo; those were guys you went to war with in the playoffs. They may not have won, but they never folded like these pathetic scrubs

I missed those guys too. But even they had troubles in game 7s on the road.

They lost to NJ 5-1 and Philly 7-1 in those game 7s.

Also 6 shots on goal all game(remember that one?)in an elimination game in NJ back in 2000.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
You're right, if it weren't for Andersen we win the series in 6. He was unacceptably bad in games 2 and 7, and bad in game 1 too.

Leafs fans need to stop coddling the goalies. .887 in a series is not NHL caliber goaltending, there's just no world in which that's acceptable. And his regular season numbers were just average, so don't give me this "we wouldn't have made the playoffs without him" bull****.

Kadri being suspended for 3 games in the middle of the series also didnt help matters

Reactions: Al14

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Andersen finishes with a sub .900 save percentage and people want to pretend he is the only reason they made it to the 7th game? Granted, Rask was just as bad if not worse, he unfortunately had a team that can clear their zone better than 20% of the time and limit shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad