Teetering on the edge of Leafs Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I seriously can't blame anyone who has seen and heard enough with this team. And not sure why some feel the need to ridicule those who have seen enough. Too young perhaps.

And maybe that's the only way things change. Empty seats.

Last edited:

hockeyfanz*

I seriously can't blame anyone who has seen and heard enough with this team

Reading through this thread you will realize Leafs Nation is too dumb to even consider this. I hope one day that the Leafs are such a joke that even corporate sponsorship starts to fail because nobody cares.

For instance if the Raptors become the new "in thing to do" and corporations start preferring to entertain clients at basketball games instead of hockey games because its more chic. Everybody loves a winner and with corporations its all about perceptions....so taking a client to a game where the home team is exciting and the crowd roaring will maybe one day over ride taking them to a waffle throwing angry crowd with a loser home team.

Its the only hope this franchise has..otherwise the joke known as the Toronto Maple Leafs will continue...to rule the city.

I was a die hard fan for many years..Haven't supported the Leafs financially for many many years...except for boosting their TV ratings I guess..but even that...I only watch games that have hype now...Pens/Bruins/Hawks/Habs etc...

Now..I dont lose sleep...and just laugh at the circus. Come here and laugh at the apologetic fanbase who make excuses for this [mod] franchise every year. You must laugh..because it certainly is comical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
I don't cheer for coaches/players/GMs/president/scouts, i'm a leafs fan.

I'm not against bringing back RC for one year, but the extention was unnecessary !! Talking about coaches a little, actually if you understand hockey, you would know that the most important coaches are actually the assistants, they manage the special teams. In modern hockey, that's the most important aspect of coaching.

For once, the franchise is saying that the problem is the players we have (can't disagree with that) so lets see how they manage these bunch of useless overpaid emotion-less brats

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Reading through this thread you will realize Leafs Nation is too dumb to even consider this. I hope one day that the Leafs are such a joke that even corporate sponsorship starts to fail because nobody cares.

For instance if the Raptors become the new "in thing to do" and corporations start preferring to entertain clients at basketball games instead of hockey games because its more chic. Everybody loves a winner and with corporations its all about perceptions....so taking a client to a game where the home team is exciting and the crowd roaring will maybe one day over ride taking them to a waffle throwing angry crowd with a loser home team.

Its the only hope this franchise has..otherwise the joke known as the Toronto Maple Leafs will continue...to rule the city.

I was a die hard fan for many years..Haven't supported the Leafs financially for many many years...except for boosting their TV ratings I guess..but even that...I only watch games that have hype now...Pens/Bruins/Hawks/Habs etc...

Now..I dont lose sleep...and just laugh at the circus. Come here and laugh at the apologetic fanbase who make excuses for this [mod] franchise every year. You must laugh..because it certainly is comical.

It is a circus act for sure.
And I know the seats will always fill. But I just get he sense more and more people won't quit on the team, but may find more entertaining things to watch for a while. Like Honey Boo Boo ;)

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Have to ask yourself too - who's the fool? The guy that constantly sticks around after being lied to, abused, disrespected and played, or the guy who sticks around? Just sayin'

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Have to ask yourself too - who's the fool? The guy that constantly sticks around after being lied to, abused, disrespected and played, or the guy who sticks around? Just sayin'
If you're in this to get respect from the franchise, you shouldn't be a sports fan. Every franchise will lie, disrespect and abuse you. That's the roller coaster of being a fan.

Seems silly to think a franchises owes you something. If I wanted to support a winning franchise it's easy enough to throw a few hundred on a contender at the start of the year and support them all the way.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
First off let me start by saying that I have been a fan of this team since I was 6 years old. It's been 17 years. Through the good and the bad, I have never wavered. I have seen a lot more bad times than good. I have seen a lot more bad players than good. But I never wavered. I've been posting on this site for almost 5 years now, and I have never once gone against this team or this fan base in any debate with other fans. I have always made excuses for this organization.

But honestly, after the third straight collapse, followed by the news of Nonis staying and now Carlyle being extended, I feel myself teetering on the edge of Leafs Nation, seriously questioning my loyalties and my love for this team. After the season ended, I told myself that this team has serious leadership issues from top to bottom that need to be addressed. Instead I get rewarded with the front office and coach staying the same, with very little hope of big changed to the core. I see the same mistakes being repeated over and over again, and I can't take this ******** anymore. There is no accountability, there is only fake change, and there is very little hope for improvement. I see so many teams doing so much more than us with so much less. Unless I see some legit changes to this core's leadership group and a visible effort to become an ELITE team, I don't know if I can keep taking this garbage anymore.

Since the playoffs aren't even over yet isn't it a bit early for you to be out on the ledge? Why not wait and see what moves they make this off season before deciding whether or not to jump?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I seriously can't blame anyone who has seen and heard enough with this team. And not sure why some feel the need to ridicule those who have seen enough. Too young perhaps.

The problem with this is that Leafs Nation is so huge and tickets are always at such a demand that there will always be fans to fill the seats. I've been to two Leaf games in my life one paid one free and will gladly go back if I can get tickets (affordability is also an issue)

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
If you're in this to get respect from the franchise, you shouldn't be a sports fan. Every franchise will lie, disrespect and abuse you. That's the roller coaster of being a fan.

Seems silly to think a franchises owes you something. If I wanted to support a winning franchise it's easy enough to throw a few hundred on a contender at the start of the year and support them all the way.

Doesn't owe me a thing. But if someone chooses they've had enough, I can certainly understand why
I see a team like NJ where Lou doesn't take any crap, and doesn't settle. He'll go behind the bench if need be.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

I guess it depends on what you want out of the situation. I enjoy watching hockey (usually just the Leafs, because I enjoy a number of other things that I spend time on). I enjoy it a little more if the Leafs are doing well. If they happen to win a Championship, great. I'd love that to happen. If they suck some years, I put it behind me and move on.

Overall, it just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to get worked up over some that is so far out of my control.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess it depends on what you want out of the situation. I enjoy watching hockey (usually just the Leafs, because I enjoy a number of other things that I spend time on). I enjoy it a little more if the Leafs are doing well. If they happen to win a Championship, great. I'd love that to happen. If they suck some years, I put it behind me and move on.

Overall, it just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to get worked up over some that is so far out of my control.

Logic is not allowed here! That statement makes too much sense.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

For those that do get worked up, I don't see how you can simply switch it on for another team.

Kyle Doobas*

It's called an emotional investment for a reason. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Not giving a **** when the team is bad is nice, but you're also not going to feel a fraction of the payoff that others will when they win.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I totally understand when a fan changes allegience, but for the love of god, do me a favour and tear off your own god damn band-aid and leave. Get out and don't come back. We have enough to complain about as fans and have way more fans then we need. If you don't love this team no matter what, go.

I can't stand seeing this every year. Wishy-washy crap. GO! Join dredeye and don't come back. That's fine. I'm OK with that. But don't sneek back in after putting up a huge whiney show like Woodman19 and start trolling and complaining again when the leafs slip up. It seems more like just mouthing off when I know you don't care for the team that much anyway.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It's those that constantly preach they've seen enough. Just go and enjoy your new Team. Don't come back and preach like a few (fartorvo or whatever they're called) do, have enough character to stay away.

What will empty seats do?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It's those that constantly preach they've seen enough. Just go and enjoy your new Team. Don't come back and preach like a few (fartorvo or whatever they're called) do, have enough character to stay away.

It will show the team that losing isn't acceptable. Oddly enough, many that preach fans should stay away want the Leafs to lose more.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

No kidding. dredeye did it and never returned from what I see. That's fine. I understand. But don't grand stand like this just to tuck your tail between your legs and sneek back into the threads just to whine when they are failing. And certainly don't come back and seem to gloat at bad times either. Woodman19 should be banned from here.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

but still caring enough to shake your fists and thunder at the sky:laugh:

jeebuz you LeafLanders kill me

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It will show the team that losing isn't acceptable. Oddly enough, many that preach fans should stay away want the Leafs to lose more.

Could be I'm naive but I'm betting they know that.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No kidding. dredeye did it and never returned from what I see. That's fine. I understand. But don't grand stand like this just to tuck your tail between your legs and sneek back into the threads just to whine when they are failing. And certainly don't come back and seem to gloat at bad times either. Woodman19 should be banned from here.

Same with the one I mentioned, just immaturity I guess.

I just ignore them.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's called an emotional investment for a reason. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Not giving a **** when the team is bad is nice, but you're also not going to feel a fraction of the payoff that others will when they win.

that's the way I see it. maybe that just makes me an emotional person. If i pick up a book, i expect it to be good. I'll get upset if it's not, I'll be excited if it is. why? because it's entertainment

Same with a movie. same with a play

i think sports is a totally different animal, once you select a team. people keep arguing how come people go "I, we" in sports - well for me - because it's MY team. it's different watching the Leafs vs. ___________ because i'm emotionally invested. I want the team to play well, I want to see our best players shine, I want those who are slumping to break out. I'll be super disappointed if it doesn't, and ecstatic when they do.

i am sure as heck enjoying these playoffs - because I have no vested interest. I'll be sad when the cup is rewarded (and maybe a little tears) because once again it's going to a team that's not MY team. and now with teams who never won cups before - are winning cups before we are - it makes me angry. Why. Because MY team that I want to have win isn't THERE.

when the Leafs win the cup - i'll be ecstatic. there will be tears. i will be jumping up and down. it will make ALL of this worth it.

I don't get why that gets me (or others) judged (for wanting to go through the bad times, or be emotional at first hop if something happens that shocked/upset/excited however), or if I have a certain ideology (tanking/not tanking, whatever) and people are like "well why are you emotional?" or why does it matter." or "I hope the total opposite happens because you wanted it to be like so."

so again - i say. I respect people's decisions and opinions. I may think it's crazy, but that's your right. if you want to leave - leave. I respect it. but just go. If you don't want to be emotional about the team - then don't be but don't query why others are? if the team's decisions doesn't affect you - ducky - but expect and respect that for some people they do.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Don't care about Carlyle being resigned. The coaching has never been the main issue with this club for the past number of years. It's the players. They are ****ing pathetic and choke whenever the stakes are raised in any way.

The most concerning thing for me is if they were to start trading guys like Kadri and Gardiner in an attempt to win now with this trash heap core. If they do that, this team truly is hopeless and not worth anyone's time.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
sports is about entertainment. If you are not entertained then change the channel.

Stop carrying this stuff around like emotional baggage. It's not healthy.

It's better off for you and people alike to just root for a winner and leave Leafs Nation. You cannot handle it, but do not jump on the bandwagon when next season Christmas comes and the Leafs are top 3 in the EAST.

BE STRONG! :yo:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
All you people claiming to be done with the team, please never come back. Stick with your new team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad