Teetering on the edge of Leafs Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
First off let me start by saying that I have been a fan of this team since I was 6 years old. It's been 17 years. Through the good and the bad, I have never wavered. I have seen a lot more bad times than good. I have seen a lot more bad players than good. But I never wavered. I've been posting on this site for almost 5 years now, and I have never once gone against this team or this fan base in any debate with other fans. I have always made excuses for this organization.

But honestly, after the third straight collapse, followed by the news of Nonis staying and now Carlyle being extended, I feel myself teetering on the edge of Leafs Nation, seriously questioning my loyalties and my love for this team. After the season ended, I told myself that this team has serious leadership issues from top to bottom that need to be addressed. Instead I get rewarded with the front office and coach staying the same, with very little hope of big changed to the core. I see the same mistakes being repeated over and over again, and I can't take this ******** anymore. There is no accountability, there is only fake change, and there is very little hope for improvement. I see so many teams doing so much more than us with so much less. Unless I see some legit changes to this core's leadership group and a visible effort to become an ELITE team, I don't know if I can keep taking this garbage anymore.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
If the players dont change i feel the same way. When are people going to hold the players accountable? The coach/gm can only do so much (although i would have fired them both) they arent the problem, the players are

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Hang in there, buddy. There's more to come.

At least, I hope. Otherwise that Shanahan "culture change" press conferences will go down as one of the funniest videos of all time.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
First off let me start by saying that I have been a fan of this team since I was 6 years old. It's been 17 years. Through the good and the bad, I have never wavered. I have seen a lot more bad times than good. I have seen a lot more bad players than good. But I never wavered. I've been posting on this site for almost 5 years now, and I have never once gone against this team or this fan base in any debate with other fans. I have always made excuses for this organization.

But honestly, after the third straight collapse, followed by the news of Nonis staying and now Carlyle being extended, I feel myself teetering on the edge of Leafs Nation, seriously questioning my loyalties and my love for this team. After the season ended, I told myself that this team has serious leadership issues from top to bottom that need to be addressed. Instead I get rewarded with the front office and coach staying the same, with very little hope of big changed to the core. I see the same mistakes being repeated over and over again, and I can't take this ******** anymore. There is no accountability, there is only fake change, and there is very little hope for improvement. I see so many teams doing so much more than us with so much less. Unless I see some legit changes to this core's leadership group and a visible effort to become an ELITE team, I don't know if I can keep taking this garbage anymore.

don't fret.

ownership is just as pssd as you are that they missed the POs , they will start with names like kadri/gards for 27/28 year olds to accelerate this. book it

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
STARTS HERE.

2014 predictions:

"Dougie" Kadri gets traded for carrots
Jake "Duncan Keith" Gardiner demands a trade for a longer leash
James "I'm hallucinating" Reimer divorces April because her name sends him into nightmares
The one legged one and done disposable used q-tip from Chicago resigns for too much money
Draft poorly
Randy "Toasters" Carlyle fired in first 10 games.
Kessel and Bozak have a baby together. Whose the mother?
Phaneuf breaks Lupuls arm again accidentally on purpose.
Lupul takes the injury time to buy more sweater vests in grenich village.
Nonuts continues to buy huge amounts of vagisil.
Shanny rubs it all over.
Miss playoffs

2015 - 2020 predictions:

Nothing. More vagisil.

2021 predictions: Faneuf finally leads something naturally, free agency.
Reilly becomes captain if he hasn't demanded a trade by then.
Rebuild.

feel free to discuss how much vagisil is needed for the three stooges to keep sliding out of responsibility.

Stop teetering and make the jump to the dark side

TheScruffington

Apr 17, 2014
I took a 5 year break from the Leafs from 08-13. When the Leafs had a good record last season and made the playoffs, I thought things might have finally started looking up.

Boy was I wrong.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
How do they justify this? I'd love them to hold a conference with the fans. Let us ask the questions and have a voice.

ForSpareParts*

look no further than the players and yourself.

also

no one is putting a gun to your head to like this team. just go if you can't take it. you could also find another past time. it's just sports. it's not that important anyway.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
STARTS HERE.

2014 predictions:

"Dougie" Kadri gets traded for carrots
Jake "Duncan Keith" Gardiner demands a trade for a longer leash
James "I'm hallucinating" Reimer divorces April because her name sends him into nightmares
The one legged one and done disposable used q-tip from Chicago resigns for too much money
Draft poorly
Randy "Toasters" Carlyle fired in first 10 games.
Kessel and Bozak have a baby together. Whose the mother?
Phaneuf breaks Lupuls arm again accidentally on purpose.
Lupul takes the injury time to buy more sweater vests in grenich village.
Nonuts continues to buy huge amounts of vagisil.
Shanny rubs it all over.
Miss playoffs

2015 - 2020 predictions:

Nothing. More vagisil.

2021 predictions: Faneuf finally leads something naturally, free agency.
Reilly becomes captain if he hasn't demanded a trade by then.
Rebuild.

feel free to discuss how much vagisil is needed for the three stooges to keep sliding out of responsibility.

Stop teetering and make the jump to the dark side

This sounds so accurate. Let it be known, 2015 will the YEAR OF THE WAFFLE!

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
look no further than the players and yourself.

also

no one is putting a gun to your head to like this team. just go if you can't take it. you could also find another past time. it's just sports. it's not that important anyway.

The predictability is strong with this post.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I agree completely. I don't think I'm going to continue to follow this team until carlyle is gone, because frankly this team will continue to be terrible - good goaltending until he leaves.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Steps:
1) Look for nearest door
2) Walk towards the door
3) Turn door handle or knob
4) Walk through door
5) Close door quietly behind you

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
We should have a list of people who claim to be done with the team, then see how many of them post next season.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

If there isn't a major roster shakeup, then I will agree with you.

There is NO WAY They keep Carlyle and the core of this team together... NO WAY!!!

Oct 19, 2007

There are 29 other teams in the league that you can pick to give your allegiance to .. Throw a dart at a dartboard and pick a number..Then place that number on another team. There you go.You have a new team to cheer for..Let us know which team you pick.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Some of you really make me laugh though.

The crap we have had to endure in the last 10 years was bad and you guys never wavered, but Carlyle signing this extension is the breaking point for you?

Really? LOL

Oct 19, 2007
We should have a list of people who claim to be done with the team, then see how many of them post next season.

The truth is NOT ONE of these people will stop posting. Just look at the number of posts by the people that claim to be done LOL. They all have posts in the thousands.. The are addicted to posting and they will all be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad