WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Both games against Norway will be on TV10.

For the Denmark games, it would be a misstake not to try:

Hugg - Johnsson - L.Karlsson
Karlkvist - Olofsson - Rosdahl

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I personally think that Hugg is the best player of that SAIK trio. He is more allround.

Anyways, Hellberg signed with Red Wings. That will give him confidence. He is probaly our best Goalie in Europe right now. Not sure what happend with Lars Johansson, his stats have dropped down alot. I would say we should go with Hellberg and Enroth from Europe and 1 NHL goalie.

In other news, Fantenberg is available since his team got knocked out. As is Pilut who had a great playoffs in KHL.

Garpenlöv needs to bring every player he can, even against Denmark in 1 week. This current team we have right now is a grinding team with too little skill.

Wedin - Wallmark - Nordström
Lycksell - Kellman - Holmberg

Something like that perhaps for the Denmark games.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Good news. Åkerblom will not be one of the assistents to Sam Hallam. He has signed with a team in NLA.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I personally think that Hugg is the best player of that SAIK trio. He is more allround.

Anyways, Hellberg signed with Red Wings. That will give him confidence. He is probaly our best Goalie in Europe right now. Not sure what happend with Lars Johansson, his stats have dropped down alot. I would say we should go with Hellberg and Enroth from Europe and 1 NHL goalie.

In other news, Fantenberg is available since his team got knocked out. As is Pilut who had a great playoffs in KHL.

Garpenlöv needs to bring every player he can, even against Denmark in 1 week. This current team we have right now is a grinding team with too little skill.

Wedin - Wallmark - Nordström

Something like that perhaps for the Denmark games.

Seems like Garpenlöv likes players in his own mold, the Olympic team was grinder-heavy as well. On the other hand, it should only be Euro players that can fit into a grinding role that should have a chance to make the team anyway. If we have more than one Euro player in our top-9 we will have little change at the IHWC. Skill we need to fetch from North America

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wonder if any NHLers will play in Beijer Hockey Games. It starts 2 days after NHL regulation is over. I think they will be too tired and not play in Beijer Hockey Games. We are probaly seeing a full euro-team in Beijer, even thought its only 1 week from WC.

Another problem is, SHL finals might not be over until 2 days before WC starts, if i counted right.

Also, you never know with NHLers. We are hopeful. But we might end with like 4 NHL forwards, therefore its important to take out the best possible players from Europe to the games against Denmark and the 2 upcoming EHT tournaments.

We might not even see semifinals players from SHL in Beijer Hockey Games. Beijer starts 2 May. SHL semifinals will probaly be seven close games. Its a problem. The same problem we have with the remaning teams in NLA and KHL that are playing finals.

With all the above in mind, I made a team of players who would be available already against Denmark:

Brome - Wallmark - Nordström
Karlqvist - Olofsson - Rosdahl

Tömmernäs - Pudas
Pilut - Fantenberg
Lööv - Joel Persson

Hellberg
Enroth
Lars Johansson

As you can see, almost no KHL forwards upfront. They feel "tired". I think the forwards i have choosen have much more energy and hunger.

I know you guys hate Lööv but he had a monster season.

Then hopefully some of this players will be replaced by NHLers.

From the teams still in SHL, NLA and KHL there is many interesting players such as Dahlbeck, Reidenborn, Omark, Erik Gustafsson, Andreasson, Djoos, Lander, Folin, Edvinsson, Ejdsell, Söderblom, Friberg, Rydahl, Nygård, Hansson, Bengtsson, Borgman, Lennström, Kruger, C.Klingberg.

Wanna know something funny? Videll (!) is playing in the KHL finals. Lmao.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I wonder if any NHLers will play in Beijer Hockey Games. It starts 2 days after NHL regulation is over. I think they will be too tired and not play in Beijer Hockey Games. We are probaly seeing a full euro-team in Beijer, even thought its only 1 week from WC.
Most team plays their last games April 30th and the games are on the 5th, 7th and 8th. I think we might see some in the weekend games. But it will be difficult. They need to go through the end-of-season physical and stuff at their teams, arrange the travel and then actually travel. So most won't be able, but maybe a few might be able to join the team

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Not ideal. This could stop not only Karlsson but also a mass influx of other stars who want to play with him.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Good news. Ragnarsson to DIF. Was scared Sam Hallam would keep him.
I don’t think you have to worry about Hallam making bad decisions about this kinda stuff. There is a big difference between him and Tre Kronor coaches of the past.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I don’t think you have to worry about Hallam making bad decisions about this kinda stuff. There is a big difference between him and Tre Kronor coaches of the past.
He already made Stefan Klockare one of his assistents. What do you think about that?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Roster for the Danmark games: Klart: Succéspelarna får chansen i Tre Kronor - Hockeysverige – Mer av sporten du älskar

Both games can be watched on tv10/viaplay. 20 & 21 april.

No idea why Hugg, Olofsson and Johnsson is not there.

Wedin already cut is a suprise. I liked what Eklind brought to the table. I would have kept him over Cederqvist.

Lines:

Brome - Wallmark - L.Karlsson
Karlqvist - Kellman - Rosdahl
Nordström - Lundin - Lang
Gustafsson - Åman/Cederqvist - Törnqvist/Hartmann

Roos - Pudas
Lindholm - Persson
Själin - Pettersson
Lerby - Ollas Mattsson

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
The roster for the games vs Denmark have been released:

Players in bold are new since the Norway games:

#PosNameClubLeague
1GKJhonas EnorthÖrebro HKSHL
35GKOscar DanskSpartak MoscowKHL
63GKMarcus HögbergLinköpings HCSHL
4DCarl-Johan LerbyIF Malmö RedhawksSHL
19DFilip RoosSkellefteå AIKSHL
37DJesper PetterssonLinköpings HCSHL
54DAnton LindholmDinamo MinskKHL
55DCalle SjälinLeksands IFSHL
64DJonathan PudasSkellefteå AIKSHL
73DAdam Ollas MattssonIF Malmö RedhawksSHL
94DJoel PerssonVäxjö Lakers HCSHL
9FLinus KarlssonSkellefteå AIKSHL
11FHenrik TörnqvistLinköpings HCSHL
17FOskar LangLeksands IFSHL
21FFilip CederqvistDjurgårdens IFSHL
23FLucas WallmarkFree agent-
26FJoel KellmanVäxjö Lakers HCSHL
33FAlbin LundinTimrå IKSHL
42FJoakim NordströmFree agent-
47FGlenn GustafssonVäxjö Lakers HCSHL
49FSebastian HartmannTimrå IKSHL
66FNils ÅhmanLeksands IFSHL
86FMathias BroméHC DavosNLA
89FPatrik KarlkvistIK OskarshamnSHL
92FKim RosdahlIK OskarshamnSHL

The following players have been cut
PosNameClubLeague
DPer SvenssonTimrå IKSHL
DRobin PressSeverstal CherepovetsKHL
FOskar EklindBrynäs IFSHL
FLinus ÖlundBrynäs IFSHL
FDmytro TimashovBrynäs IFSHL
FAnton WedinDynamo MoscowSHL

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I was a bit surprised that Anton Wedin was cut, I though he was one of the better forwards vs Norway.

I think this is starting to be a bit closer to the final roster, I think probably 6-7 of these players will be on the final team, depending on the number of NHLers coming. I expect at least one of the goalies, Jonathan Pudas, Lucas Wallmark, Joakim Norström and Mathias Bromé being prime candidates for the team. The there might be 1-2 more that make it.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Oscar Engsund anyone? He is having a hell of a season and playoffs. He is probaly better than Dahlbeck, Lööv, Folin, Fantenberg, Anton Lindholm.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Oscar Engsund anyone? He is having a hell of a season and playoffs. He is probaly better than Dahlbeck, Lööv, Folin, Fantenberg, Anton Lindholm.
I haven’t watched particularly much of Luleå but based on what I have seen I would have Engsund on the team over the other guys you mentioned. Hopefully we get Dahlin, Karlsson, Larsson and OEL so we can have the euro guys playing limited minutes anyway.

I think I would bring Edvinsson.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I haven’t watched particularly much of Luleå but based on what I have seen I would have Engsund on the team over the other guys you mentioned. Hopefully we get Dahlin, Karlsson, Larsson and OEL so we can have the euro guys playing limited minutes anyway.

I think I would bring Edvinsson.
Yeah but Garpenlöv will for sure take out 1-2 stay at home physical d. All those guys that i mention falls under that category. Borgman and Bertilsson can be mention aswell.

Speaking of physicality. Nicklas Lasu as 4C instead of Kruger perhaps to make our NT even tougher to play against. Lasu can do what Kruger does but is more physical and for sure more hungry since he never played in a WC.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah but Garpenlöv will for sure take out 1-2 stay at home physical d. All those guys that i mention falls under that category. Borgman and Bertilsson can be mention aswell.

Speaking of physicality. Nicklas Lasu as 4C instead of Kruger perhaps to make our NT even tougher to play against. Lasu can do what Kruger does but is more physical and for sure more hungry since he never played in a WC.
Lasu isn't good enough with the puck to make a WC team. Kruger is a lot better defensively, smarter and better with the puck. The point about hunger could be valid, I guess.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
We can scratch Pontus Holmberg. He will play in AHL.
Not surprising considering he was left off the squads for the Denmark games. He has been one of Garpens darlings. I don't think he has ever reached the level in 3 👑 he has show in SHL, so I don't think it is that much of a loss. We will have NHLers in offensive roles anyway

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Comfortable win tonight, 6-1 vs Denmark

Oscar Dansk
Wasn't really tested, couldn't do anything about the penalty shoot. Will probably continue to fight for a spot in the Czech Hockey Games. Expecting Enroth to start tomorrow, since he was backing up today

Joel Persson - Anton Lindholm
Weakest D pair tonight. Anton Lindholm looks slow and immobile, Joel Persson is good as long the puck is on his stick, but struggling with the tempo on this level.

Jonathan Pudas - Filip Roos
Pudas was the best D on the ice. A very good shoot to make the IHWC team, even if it is just as a 7th-8th D after the NHLers arrive. Roos didn't stick out in anyway, might stay around for a while longer, but didn't strengthen his case

Jesper Pettersson - Calle Själlin
Pettersson was calm and confident presence and contributed with a goal. Don't think he'll make the IHWC squad, but might stick around all the way through Beijer Hockey Games. Själlin neither here nor there, didn't notice him much

Mathias Bromé - Lucas Wallmark - Joakim Nordström
Another stellar game from Wallmark, he can almost punch his ticket to Tampere. Bromé looked excellent, but I have a hard time seeing him in a bottom-6 role and he will likely be replaced by NHLers. Nordström is the "piano carrier" on this line, no way he will be on a scoring line in the final tournament, but can make it in a fourth line role with his experience and defensive ability

Patrik Karlkvist - Joel Kellman - Kim Rosdahl
1+2 and first star for Karlkvist, what a debut in the national team! Can he make the final team? I don't think so if we get a few NHLers, but I can see him sticking around to the very end. Joel Kellman looked good too, can he win a spot as a grinder in the final team? Perhaps. Rosdahl looked ok, but wasn't as impressive as the other two.

Sebastian Hartmann - Albin Lundin - Filip Cederqvist
Quite invisible tonight, I think we are nearing the end of the line for Lundin and Cederqvist, expecting them to be among the cuts for Czech Hockey Games. Hartmann was good against Norway and might get another shot

Linus Karlsson - Nils Åhman - Oskar Lang
Karlsson had some good initiatives. Good motor on Lang, making a case for an energy role. Åhman was a bit meh.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
All NHL playoff spots are locked up except for the western wild cards, so here's who's available:

NYI: Sebastian Aho
CBJ: Gustav Nyquist, Adam Boqvist, Emil Bemström, Gabriel Carlsson
NJD: Jesper Bratt, Andreas Johnsson, Jesper Boqvist, Fabian Zetterlund
PHI: Oskar Lindblom
WPG: Nope.
CHI: Erik Gustafsson
ARI: Loui Eriksson, Anton Strålman
DET: Lucas Raymond, Gustav Lindström, Oskar Sundqvist
BUF: Victor Olofsson, Rasmus Asplund, Rasmus Dahlin
OTT: Erik Brännström, Anton Forsberg, Filip Gustavsson
MTL: Nope.
SJS: Erik Karlsson, Jonathan Dahlén
ANA: Isac Lundeström, Jakob Silfverberg
SEA: Alexander Wennberg, Adam Larsson, Victor Rask

The western conference battle(would expect LAK to make it and VAN to not make it):

LAK: Viktor Arvidsson, Adrian Kempe, Lias Andersson, Carl Grundström, Alexander Edler, Tobias Björnfot
DAL: Jacob Peterson, John Klingberg
VGK: William Karlsson, Mattias Janmark, Robin Lehner
VAN: Elias Pettersson, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Nils Höglander

FA: bold
Injured: italics

The interesting ones for me are(non LA, Dallas, & Vegas):

Nyquist, Pettersson, Raymond top line to start.
Wennberg in the top-9.
Asplund, Lundeström, & Sundqvist for a shutdown line.
Dahlin - Larsson top pair
OEL
Forsberg as the starter

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad