WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Any words on roster for warm-up games? Is Garpen somehow still "leading" the team?
Garpen is still somehow leading the team. Which automatically means our gold chances are slim.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Any words on roster for warm-up games? Is Garpen somehow still "leading" the team?
The first couple of warm-up games are against Denmark on the 20th and 21th of April. Game 7 of the SHL quaterfinals are scheduled for the 12/13th of April. I imagine the roster for those games will be announced like 15-16th of April when he has had the time to talk to the knocked-out players

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The first couple of warm-up games are against Denmark on the 20th and 21th of April. Game 7 of the SHL quaterfinals are scheduled for the 12/13th of April. I imagine the roster for those games will be announced like 15-16th of April when he has had the time to talk to the knocked-out players

First games is against Norway 11-17 april

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Defense looks like it could be quite good with a little luck.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Dahlin, Raymond and Karlsson are reportedly interested playing in the Worlds.
Awesome, that is a good core. If we good get Pettersson as well, it is looking like solid foundation. Now that Anton Forsberg got a new contract, I'm hoping for him to be our starter. Markström will likely go far in the playoffs and the relationship between Lehner and the Swedish federation does not seem all that great, so I don't imagine him coming.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Its still early in playoffs but Ejdsell looks like a monster out there. Ejdsell and Söderblom on 4th line in WC could be hard to play against.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Its still early in playoffs but Ejdsell looks like a monster out there. Ejdsell and Söderblom on 4th line in WC could be hard to play against.
That would actually be something to look forward too from the SHL, if Ejdsell is the type of player that can hack it in a fourth line role, because he is a bit slow. And a few years ago he was a bit hesistant to use his size. Has those areas improved?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
That would actually be something to look forward too from the SHL, if Ejdsell is the type of player that can hack it in a fourth line role, because he is a bit slow. And a few years ago he was a bit hesistant to use his size. Has those areas improved?
In this playoffs so far he is playing really physical and throw hard hits.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hmm, yeah, those games were really hidden away on the swehockey site, not prompted like the Denmark games. They are apparently on the Wed 13th and Thu 14th, so in a week now. We should expect the roster to be announced any day now I assume
Garpenlöv have players from Timrå, Leksand, Malmö, Brynäs, LHC, Djurgården and Växjö to choose from if we look at SHL. Yes, Växjö is not gonna come back from being down 3-0.

From KHL, players such as Dahlbeck, Pilut, Hultström Lars Johansson, Fantenberg and Reidenborn is not available becuse they are in the early stage of semifinals.

From NLA, Olofsson, Andersson, Lööv, Tömmernäs is out of the playoffs. And one of Kruger and Djuse.

A best possible team with available players for the Norway games would probaly be:

Lilja - Lindberg - Strömvall
Sörensen - Söderberg - Wallmark
J.Olofsson - Rosen - Gynge
Nordström - Ljungh/Kruger - P.Lindholm
Tedenby, Emil Pettersson

Bertilsson - Joel Persson
Tömmernäs - Lööv
Holm - Heed
A.Lindholm - Almquist

Hellberg
Högberg
Mattsson/Lindbäck/Dansk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Garpenlöv have players from Timrå, Leksand, Malmö, Brynäs, LHC, Djurgården and Växjö to choose from if we look at SHL. Yes, Växjö is not gonna come back from being down 3-0.

From KHL, players such as Dahlbeck, Pilut, Hultström Lars Johansson, Fantenberg and Reidenborn is not available becuse they are in the early stage of semifinals.

From NLA, Olofsson, Andersson, Lööv, Tömmernäs is out of the playoffs. And one of Kruger and Djuse.

A best possible team with available players for the Norway games would probaly be:

Lilja - Lindberg - Strömvall
Sörensen - Söderberg - Wallmark
J.Olofsson - Rosen - Gynge
Nordström - Ljungh/Kruger - P.Lindholm
Tedenby, Emil Pettersson

Bertilsson - Joel Persson
Tömmernäs - Lööv
Holm - Heed
A.Lindholm - Almquist

Hellberg
Högberg
Mattsson/Lindbäck/Dansk

Yeah, we'll see who Garpen invites and who accepts. I think it will be hard to convince veterans to play these games unless they think they have legitimate shot to make the world championship team. They'd rather take early vacation then play a meaningless exhibition game before being cut. I think we will have a few veterans who are competing for a spot on the final team, but otherwise mostly young guys without families who are given a look for the future. Can't see someone like Robert Rosén accepting for instance. But we'll see I guess

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, we'll see who Garpen invites and who accepts. I think it will be hard to convince veterans to play these games unless they think they have legitimate shot to make the world championship team. They'd rather take early vacation then play a meaningless exhibition game before being cut. I think we will have a few veterans who are competing for a spot on the final team, but otherwise mostly young guys without families who are given a look for the future. Can't see someone like Robert Rosén accepting for instance. But we'll see I guess
yes i guess you are right. we will see some more younger players getting the chance. Cederqvist is a interesting name. So is Lycksell.

Örebro down 3-1. There is some interesting players on that team.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Pontus Andreasson anyone? He is dominating in the playoffs. Has nice chemistry with Omark.

Andreasson getting a spot in WC is what might make Omark wanna play too.

They have physical player Tyräväinen playing with them. Sounds like someone like Sundqvist would fit nice with them.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Pontus Andreasson anyone? He is dominating in the playoffs. Has nice chemistry with Omark.

Andreasson getting a spot in WC is what might make Omark wanna play too.

They have physical player Tyräväinen playing with them. Sounds like someone like Sundqvist would fit nice with them.
I’d not lock up any spots with euro players early on this year. euro NHLrs are pissed because they didn’t get to play in the olympics. Even though the schedule i messy there is a good chance a lot of stars show up.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Skellefteå down 1-3...

Would be nice to see the Hugg - Johnsson - L.Karlsson line against Norway.

Pudas, Oscar Nilsson and Roos from the backend...

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
lol what a weird looking roster. one of the worst ever? still funny too see all random players. hopefully i can watch it somewhere. i have not missed a singel tre kronor game in 20 years.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some comments on the players:

Oskar Dansk. Former supertalent who had a good KHL season. Yes make the joke that he is from Danmark/Skåne becuse of his last name. ;)

Högberg. Have some NHL games in his belt. Had a good season in SHL.

Per Svensson, most physical dman in entire SHL. Without taking PIMs. Fine choice.

Lerby, got nice potential but holy mother of god he was terrible this season. No idea why he is on the roster.

Jesper Pettersson. Had a great season. Physical.

Robin Press. Huge. Done good in KHL.

Anton Lindholm. Another physical player who had a good KHL season.

Calle Själin. Was really good in Karjala Cup. Good passing and not soft in his own zone.

Adam Ollas Matsson. Not bad but he has not playing as physical as he should be this season.

Törnqvist. This guy have been good for years and plays with grit. Suprised he never played for Tre Kronor before.

Oskar Lang. Not had a good season. Has some skills.

Cederqvist. Been good the whole season. Is hardworking, smart and physical.

Wallmark. Super skilled with a lethal shot. Was our best player in OG.

Albin Lundin. Is famous for the chemistry he had with Dahlen and Lökke. Hardworking gritty dude with decent skills.

Oscar Eklind. Super strong player who is strong along the boards and dont mind physical play.

Linus Ölund. No idea where his skills went. He was a playmaker years ago. Now everytime i watch him he is a shutdown physical center.

Timashow. Started good but slowed down. Nice technical skills that can play a physical game aswell.

Wedin. Super good skater and very shifty and smart.

Nils Åman. Big young physical center.

Hartmann. Another Timrå player and another gritty player. Garpenlöv loves this type of players.

Only player i see having a legit change at WC is Wallmark. However if one of the other players are playing crazy good and keep doing it in later EHT tournaments i guess there is a small chance.

Lines:

Timashov - Wallmark - Wedin (leading line)
Cederqvist - Ölund - Nordström
Eklind - Åman - Törnqvist
Lang - Lundin -Hartmann

2 forwards is missing. I guess they are gonna call in.

Lindholm - Press
Själin - Svensson
Mattsson - Pettersson
Lerby

Högberg and Dansk 1 game each.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad