Team Canada announcement thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
RallyKiller said:
I'd put shanny in over doan based on their play this year.

Marleau is a guy like Doan that can play C or W. He's one you can question over Doan, but that's a coin flip for me. Doan was very good at the World Cup.

Zetterberg4Captain*

The one thing I disagree with the most is Rick Nash. *** is someone who has played something like 4 games all year doing on the team? Damn there should be so many players going instead of him. I hope he gets injured so Spezza or Staal will play even if a center has to move to wing.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Crosbyfan said:
Nobody wants to go into a shootout without these guys.

OMG, nobody told Gretzky about the "must put Draper in the shootout rule"?

OH NOES!!! :propeller

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Vinnie said:
When he's on. Who knows if he will be? He's played well for a few weeks, wow.
He also has more points than any other right winger on the team other than Heatley, in spite of the slow start.
I know a lot of you Bertuzzi-haters can't look past the Steve Moore incident, but if Bertuzzi plays anywhere near what he has played the last few weeks, he will have a HUGE tourney, mark my words.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Even with the three or four questionable choices Team Canada still looks like it will do alright.

Maybe the Czechs or Swedes will give them a run, but they look ok to me.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I don't give a crap about whos is in. It's still the best lineup in the world.Looks very good on paper. Few teams have a chance for upset, but it really is a long shot (russia, finland, sweden, russia). Amazing team once again. Glad for everyone else it's a tournament so there could be some one game surprises!

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
AG said:
The one thing I disagree with the most is Rick Nash. *** is someone who has played something like 4 games all year doing on the team? Damn there should be so many players going instead of him. I hope he gets injured so Spezza or Staal will play even if a center has to move to wing.

The Olympics are held in Febuary not December

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
sveiglar said:
OMG, nobody told Gretzky about the "must put Draper in the shootout rule"?

OH NOES!!! :propeller

Apparently I forgot the :D that is so necessary for the sveiglars of the board!

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Forbes said:
Well I mean, obviously it's time for Canada to go into rebuilding mode and take rookies and build for the future. Like the Washington Capitals.
So where's Cam Ward?

Forget Cam Ward, he's too old. How comes Jonathan Toews isn't on the taxi squad? He's the next MONSTER!

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Kevin Forbes said:
for the record, I think he said that before he realised that the Canucks were being announced last, given the location

of course Dan Cloutier isn't there just because he's injured...

that reason, and the fact that there are about 50 other goalies better than him

Randall Graves*

sveiglar said:
Marleau is a guy like Doan that can play C or W. He's one you can question over Doan, but that's a coin flip for me. Doan was very good at the World Cup.
If Marleau can play the wing at a decent level i'd have taken him over Doan..SD just hasn't played well this year, you can't rely on him just turning it on.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Team 2: (not including taxi squad)

Centers:

Patrick Marleau
Sidney Crosby
Jason Allison
Daniel Briere

Left Wing

Alex Tanguay
Paul Kariya
Brendan Shanahan
Brendan Morrow

Right Wing
Steve Sullivan
Corey Stillman
Marc Recchi
Nathan Horton

Defense

Dion Phaneuf
Dan Boyle
Brad Stuart
Jay Bouwmeester
Derek Morris
Mike Van Ryn

Goalies

Jose Theodore
Curtis Joseph
Ed Belfour

I think that would have a decent chance as well. Certainly not as impressive as the first team.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Kevin Forbes said:
Well I mean, obviously it's time for Canada to go into rebuilding mode and take rookies and build for the future. Like the Washington Capitals.
So where's Cam Ward?

You know, you can take shots at those people that are claiming that Staal and Spezza should be on the team by suggesting these people believe they should be there only because they are rookies. Not true and a little lacking in class, but whatever.

Staal and Spezza have earned their way on the team, and not as waterboys. When you play they way they have, seems someone owes them an apology.

David

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
toddzilla44 said:
Team 2: (not including taxi squad)

Centers:

Patrick Marleau
Sidney Crosby
Jason Allison
Daniel Briere

Left Wing

Alex Tanguay
Paul Kariya
Brendan Shanahan
Brendan Morrow

Right Wing
Steve Sullivan
Corey Stillman
Marc Recchi
Nathan Horton

Defense

Dion Phaneuf
Dan Boyle
Brad Stuart
Jay Bouwmeester
Derek Morris
Mike Van Ryn

Goalies

Jose Theodore
Curtis Joseph
Ed Belfour

I think that would have a decent chance as well. Certainly not as impressive as the first team.

Give team 2 the taxi squad and I like their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad