Team Canada announcement thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

Team Canada is going to be announced in 30 minutes.

TSN is airing a special as we speak.

Here are TSN's projections thus far for who will be on the team:

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Richards-Lecavalier-St.Louis
Heatley-Thornton-Doan
Bertuzzi-Draper-Nash
Smyth

Pronger-Niedermayer
Blake-Jovanovski
Regehr-Redden
Foote

Brodeur
Joseph
Luongo

* They are saying that they expect a veteran-laden team, due to concerns how younger players will handle pressure.

* They are saying that the Canadian Olympic Committee is putting pressure on Canada to leave off Bertuzzi (Moore incident), Heatley (Snyder incident), and Doan (slur at referee incident).

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Staal must be part of the team...

He's right now the best goalscorer of the league, and canada wouldnt even choose him?!?

SopelFan*

Healey is such a moron. Last night he was saying he never heard of Balastik. Shouldn't analysts know most players?

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Healey is the most ridiculous color guy I have ever had the pain of listening to. He's been pushing for McCabe like he's his illegitimate child. Its really getting ridiculous.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
TSN is speculating that Staal will be on the taxi squad, but not Crosby or Spezza. As long as Staal has a chance to get in, he could end up with a very prominant roll. The other two will have their chance in 2010, they'd be fun to watch and they'd do well, but it's the veterans that give Canada their best chance to win.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Hemsky_Gretzky said:
Healey is the most ridiculous color guy I have ever had the pain of listening to. He's been pushing for McCabe like he's his illegitimate child. Its really getting ridiculous.

I was just watching the web cast and he's getting worse than last time I saw him. How do you not want Adam Foote on Team Canada?!?!?! McGuire definitely smacked Healey down with that comment. What a doofus.

joe_shannon_1983*

TSN reports that it has been leaked that Bertuzzi made the team and Crosby didn't make the team.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Le Golie said:
TSN is speculating that Staal will be on the taxi squad, but not Crosby or Spezza. As long as Staal has a chance to get in, he could end up with a very prominant roll. The other two will have their chance in 2010, they'd be fun to watch and they'd do well, but it's the veterans that give Canada their best chance to win.
If all three are left off that would suck. Tell me Bertuzzi is a more reliable player due to experience. Hopefully he will play as well as we would expect any of the 3 to play.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I have a feeling TSN is going to come out of this looking really, really good. The guys on the main panel seem to know more than they are saying. I bet they know who is on the team but are sworn to secrecy, so their 'speculated' picks will pretty much be exactly right. I am glad however that if I'm right, they are hanging Healy out to dry, making his stupid predictions and comments.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Thanks for letting us know that the sledge team will be named in the new year. That's what I was waiting for. Ok, I can turn off the tube now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad