Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Victor Hedman re-signs with Lightning (8 years, $7.875M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Question. Those saying "Steal" what number did you expect?

Before Stamkos signing? Maybe $8.5-9M - He would probably get Toews/Kane contract on the open market.

Stamkos contract set the roof though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
With this signing and Bishop likely going to be traded and the salary cap going to 73mil, i think Tampa will afford to re-sign all their players.

They have 13 million to sign Kucherov, Namestinikov, Killorn and Nestorov.

They should deal bishop now and lock up johnson and palat to the same deals to Kucherov.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Hard to say this much money is a good deal, but man, he took way less to stay in TB. Awesome deal.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I would have guessed 8.5m minimum, so imo it's at least a 700k discount. He could have asked and gotten 9m too imo.

...but with TB's tax rate this is the equivalent of a $9mil/year deal anywhere else.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
If you use the Subban deal as a comparable this looks pretty good, this is the going rate for star defenseman now.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
This goes to show you how players on TB are willing to take less to stick together and work towards a Cup.

The lack of Florida income tax may have something to do with it... $8 mil salary in Florida is not the same as $8 mil elsewhere when it comes to dollars received...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
They have 13 million to sign Kucherov, Namestinikov, Killorn and Nestorov.

They should deal bishop now and lock up johnson and palat to the same deals to Kucherov.

Kuch - $6M
Vladdy - $2M
Killorn - $4M
Nesterov - <$1M

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Hedman's getting a little excited. :)

BOX2.gif
That's me right now.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
If you use the Subban deal as a comparable this looks pretty good, this is the going rate for star defenseman now.

Subban the going rate?

only 1 D has over 8M and that is subban

Hedman is the second highest paid D. He is worth this contract for sure but i don't see how this is possible a steal.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Yeah, Palat and Johnson do NOT earn what Kucherov will.

I think Kuch will be 6X6, Killorn, Palat and Johnson will (should) get 3-4X3-4. Vladdy should get a 2X2 or so. Nesterov less than a mil.

According to generalfanager.com TB has A shade under 13Mil in cap space right now.

If they move Bishop and take half his cap back (3Mil), that will give them 16.

Between Kuch, Johnson, Palat, Vladdy and Nesterov, that's about 21.

Getting rid of Filppula or Callahan in some fashion clears all needed space.

Yzerman still has a lot of work to do. It's going to be real hard to dump Filppula or Callahan.

I imagine that ultimately one of Johnson, Palat or Killorn will be shown in door. Maybe Garrison as well.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Yeah the majority of us on the TB board were guessing at least 8.5, and closer to 9.5.

What is a steal for you then? Is there a limit no matter how good you are or would 200 point Gretzky be worth max salary?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Subban the going rate?

only 1 D has over 8M and that is subban

Hedman is the second highest paid D. He is worth this contract for sure but i don't see how this is possible a steal.

Subban is the only one that went close to FA lately. So yeah - he set the market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad