Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Victor Hedman re-signs with Lightning (8 years, $7.875M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
Very nice deal for Tampa. Good job by Yzerman getting his stars locked up at a good price.

I think this shows how a good GM and coach combo, that the players like and respect, can convince them that a good situation is worth more than maxing their value.

I think people need to re-evaluate their use of the term "steal".

Hedman and Ekblad play in the warmest/most attractive markets in the NHL on contending/playoff squads....all the while flying completely under the radar of media scrutiny and having the luxury of public anonymity.

Given the aforesaid circumstances, if the Lightning or Panthers actually have to pay more than 7-7.5, then it's an overpay IMO.:laugh:

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Brilliant deal.

This is what a hometown discount is, looking at you Bowman/Toews/Kane...:(

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Pretty solid deal for Tampa I would say. Especially compared to some of the other deals given today.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
It is a good contract but some people are way overrating it. He is the second highest paid D in the NHL with this deal. He is worth it but lets not pretend this is a major steal.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Yzerman is doing a spectacular job getting guys to buy in to what he's doing in Tampa. Hedman and Stamkos both likely left 2+mil a season on the table to sign these deals. Waiving Carle freed up 3.6 in cap space. Pays for Hedman's raise.

Now onto Kucherov. 6X6. Cmon Yzerman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad