Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CHI] Brandon Hagel, 2022, 2024 4ths for Boris Katchouk, Taylor Raddysh, 2023, 2024 1sts (Top 10 protected)

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Ok, I'll bite. These 4 ( or more ) NHLers just came from the value that two First round picks have, Taylor Raddysh ( who i think plays good 3rd line minutes down the road ( a tier below Hagel ), and a 4th line sandpaper guy with up and down potential in Kathcouk.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Ok, I'll bite. These 4 ( or more ) NHLers just came from the value that two First round picks have, Taylor Raddysh ( who i think plays good 3rd line minutes down the road ( a tier below Hagel ), and a 4th line sandpaper guy with up and down potential in Kathcouk. Those two first WILL turn into two NHL players UNLESS chicago whiffs on the opportunity here.
Are you assuming that those 2 picks are going to be drafted or used as trade bait?

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Ok, I'll bite. These 4 ( or more ) NHLers just came from the value that two First round picks have, Taylor Raddysh ( who i think plays good 3rd line minutes down the road ( a tier below Hagel ), and a 4th line sandpaper guy with up and down potential in Kathcouk. Those two first WILL turn into two NHL players UNLESS chicago whiffs on the opportunity here.

Well in that case Tampa traded 4 players for 3 since they also received 2 draft picks in return.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Well in that case Tampa traded 4 players for 3 since they also received 2 draft picks in return.
4ths are traded for "nhl" players all the time.. But let's be honest.. How many times can you say a 4th round landed a sure fire ( or even highly touted prospect ) top-6/4 player.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
When the Lightning are bar none the best scouting team in the NHL into the deep rounds, parting with 2 players who need time to get better and 2 future players is not any real measure of risk. Yzerman had an excellent year recruiting Callahan's old buddies from the Rangers and thereafter we did little until trading with them again for McDonagh. But Yzerman was just as much a glutton for futures as anything else. Adding the likes of Kunitz and Morrow was the order of the day to improve our club for a long time. 3 years ago we actually DID do nothing. You guys gotta remember during that time it was "Paper Tigers!" "Tampa's too SAWFT" and "LMFAO SWEPT!" as we flubbed had one of the most embarrassing exits in history to the CBJ, lost a Cup Final and 2 Game 7's in the ECF and missed the playoffs entirely in between it all.

Julien Brisebois learned a lesson and has now chosen violence for the 3rd straight season. When he wants something, he challenges the field to Russian Roulette and smiles as he loads 2 bullets and puts the gun to his head firing twice.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
4ths are traded for "nhl" players all the time.. But let's be honest.. How many times can you say a 4th round landed a sure fire ( or even highly touted prospect ) top-6/4 player.
How many times can you say a late 1st round pick landed a surefire top six forward/top four defenseman? It doesn't happen nearly as often as you think.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Chicago should have asked for more. Tampa would have done whatever it took.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
With Kane and Toews still around, and after signing Jones? I class the Hawks as one of the many non playoff teams who want to restock and go for the playoffs next year. There are only 2-4 teams who are truly looking further.

What do you mean? Toews is shot. Team is literally Kane, Debrincat, and a hint of Dach if he grows next year.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Lol Toews comments on this trade show that he continues to be one of the most aloof people in the league. For the captain of the team to come out and say all that is just insane to me. That dude needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut, I can’t think of one thing he’s said publicly in the past few years that was even a remotely appropriate way to comment on the situation.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Lol Toews comments on this trade show that he continues to be one of the most aloof people in the league. For the captain of the team to come out and say all that is just insane to me. That dude needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut, I can’t think of one thing he’s said publicly in the past few years that was even a remotely appropriate way to comment on the situation.
What do expect him to say that he is happy about seeing Hagel go? The team knew a rebuild is coming and players like Carpenter, Kubalik, Dehaan, maybe Fluery and and few others but none of them really thought Hagel would be moved it’s a shock just like most fans didn’t think it would happen and rumours now of Kane going … it’s a shock

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
You can't deny though that this trade seems like a massive overpayment.
We got a guy that is scoring more goals than Tavares for 13.6% of the price for two more years and he is 23. I mean is he going to be a better player than Tavares probably not,but the value per gpg/ppg is there. In the salary cap era, roster/salary management is very important.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hagel is a good young player, but GOD DAMN did the Hawks clean up!! I would’ve expected something more like Katchouk or Raddysh and 1st, not Katchouk and Raddysh and two 1sts! That’s a literal superstar haul, for just a solid player.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You basically said overpaying doesnt matter if the team wins the cup at the end.

All of those tampa trades were overpayment, and you said it was worth it. So what if a team trade five 1st for lehkonen and wins the cup, would that still make it a good trade?

Ask any gm in the league if they’d trade 5 1st’s for a Cup and the answer would be an unequivocal yes.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
NHL tweeners right now. Katchouk has some fire to his game. Raddysh has the better "tools" you could see in a top 6 player. Skating holds them both back.
Looked at his icetime here, he's had 3 games total with Stamkos/Palat and a few like with Cirelli and Colton. He scored in one of those games with Stamkos, but he's Largely entirely with Katchouk and Colton... Coltons been good on his own like that but it's odd to see these tweeener comments by Tampa fans on a guy who barely played outside a 4th line role and teammates.

So was he bad in preseason or camps as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad