Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CAR] Jake Guentzel for 2025 3rd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Great move TBay. Guentzel @ 29 > Stamkos at 35.
Stammer is 35 in February, next year. But yeah, this shouldn't be about age.

It's about legacy. This would be like Detroit not resigning 34 year old Datsyuk, and trying to replace him with 29 year old Ilya Kovalchuk.

Reactions: PenguinSuitedUp

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Sergachev and Stamkos OR Guentzel (hopefully he signs lol), McDonagh, JJ Moser and Geekie?
I'll take the latter 10 times out of 10
McDonagh, JJ Moser, and Geekie > Sergachev.
Stamkos >>>>>>>>>>>> Guentzel.

Stammer may not be 10 times the player Guentzel is, but his legacy to this organization ALWAYS f***ing will be.

Reactions: ultra63

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Do you think people in Florida just don't have to pay any taxes at all?

We don't.

Florida-man-head-bangs-to-Slayers-Raining-Blood-during-Hurricane-Matthew.jpg

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Lol, thanks for letting us all know that you have zero understanding of how taxes work

It's just over $500,000 tax savings on an $8M contract in FLA vs NY now that I dug into it further. This number is based off of $4M (41 home games) and not the full $8M. Not exactly chump change even for pro athletes

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Not me.

He played amazing for Carolina and wanted his payday. Rumor has it they offered something in the 7s.
He can have his payday, he deserves it, but I just don’t buy the stuff coming out of his camp after the trade and now with the way the negotiation here went it’s fishy.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Wonder if Tampa trying to convince Guentzel to sign for less because a 7-something in Tampa is equal to an 8-something in Carolina.

When they ought to be going big and offering the 9-something (with favorable tax) that teams like Vancouver will be offering tomorrow.

Also wonder how it reflects on Guentzel when he sees the team that is courting him so easily move off of their own star players (Stamkos, Sergachev, McDonough previously) when their contracts are perceived to be an awkward fit. How can he be sure Tampa won’t do that to him in 3-4-5 years time?

Reactions: Linds

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
No way, he's been underpaid his whole career and deserves a big contract now. He's in his prime and as good as ever. Carolina shouldn't have low balled him and just met his 8x8 ask from weeks ago.
That’s just called negotiating. I agree he deserves a big contract, but I don’t like the way his agent has operated this year.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Well that changes things. If he asked for 8x8 on Wednesday and Carolina offered it on Thursday, i wonder what went wrong in the days following? If he didn't want to be in Carolina he wouldn't have even negotiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad