Tavares extension -> May Reportedly Happen in the Near Future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah loser of conference finals and finals.

Big difference.

Tavares earns McDavid money meanwhile he has 2 more points than Ryan Reaves in their last 11 playoff games.

McDavid's point totals this playoff season:

Tavares career point totals:

What even is this. Who is trying to say Tavares isn't overpaid on the last year of a UFA deal? Of course he is. That is different than calling him a loser who is not worth more than league minimum.

That opinion is so bad I am not sure what to say. It is not Tavares fault the Leafs haven't won shit. It isn't any one players fault. And individually, they are all still valuable players. This fanbase has a fetish for running players out of town who are not the best of the best and then having a suprise pikachu face when they are important parts of a winning team somewhere else. Long ago lost count of how many times it's happened

This fanbase would have called McDavid a loser up until 4 months ago. Don't even pretend they wouldn't. Never went on a deep run and couldn't get it done. Now he had an amazing playoff and won a trophy, suddenly it is laughable to say that.

Eventually my hope is the Leafs go deep and people finally shut up with these lame takes pretending our players are trash

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah loser of conference finals and finals.

Big difference.

Tavares earns McDavid money meanwhile he has 2 more points than Ryan Reaves in their last 11 playoff games.

McDavid's point totals this playoff season:

Tavares career point totals:

Still a loser.

If there is one thing I've learned from this board, it is that team accomplishments should be assigned to single players.

Reactions: bax

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
What even is this. Who is trying to say Tavares isn't overpaid on the last year of a UFA deal? Of course he is. That is different than calling him a loser who is not worth more than league minimum.

That opinion is so bad I am not sure what to say. It is not Tavares fault the Leafs haven't won shit. It isn't any one players fault. And individually, they are all still valuable players. This fanbase has a fetish for running players out of town who are not the best of the best and then having a suprise pikachu face when they are important parts of a winning team somewhere else. Long ago lost count of how many times it's happened

This fanbase would have called McDavid a loser up until 4 months ago. Don't even pretend they wouldn't. Never went on a deep run and couldn't get it done. Now he had an amazing playoff and won a trophy, suddenly it is laughable to say that.

Eventually my hope is the Leafs go deep and people finally shut up with these lame takes pretending our players are trash
Only in Toronto can you not blame an 11 million dollar captain who has 3 points in his last 12 playoff games.

Valuable how? Because he put up 60 points playing with one of the best offenses in the league? He's certainly not valuable in the playoffs. I guess for 4th line standards you mean? Like JT is pretty good for a 4th liner where 3 points in his last 12 playoff games is good? Or a league minimum type player.

It's time for a change, but I get it some fans have accepted this team's fate so easily that they'd rather get destroyed in the playoffs with the same losers over and over and cope how it's better because in the past we wouldn't get 2 extra weeks of Hockey in April.

Lmfao no they wouldn't, McDavid is a warrior who puts up insane numbers always. The only one from the core that hasn't massively underperformed is Nylander who just maintains his season level.

This whole group squandered nearly a decade of arguably the most talented group in 60 years, it's time for change. If Tavares wants to set a good example, let him do so by taking the min, but does he or does he want a few extra million despite already receiving the world from Toronto?

Tavares and Marner accomplished what they could in Toronto (nothing), it's time for a different look, if they love Toronto so much, they'll prove it. They love money more though.

Still a loser.

If there is one thing I've learned from this board, it is that team accomplishments should be assigned to single players.
Yeah having one of the greatest playoff runs in NHL history=a loser.

McDavid conference finals+finals=this team getting owned in the 1st round every year.

You got it man.

We can't criticize the overpaid bozos because only 1 team wins the cup every year, just LOL

myleafs

May 25, 2021

3 pts in his last 12 playoff games does not scream not quite the best of the best and did Tavares win somewhere else? No, so why suggest he would win if he left Toronto? It tells me he is fading and fading fast and or he just isn't that good. The McDavid comparisons are silly.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
3 pts in his last 12 playoff games does not scream not quite the best of the best and did Tavares win somewhere else? No, so why suggest he would win if he left Toronto? It tells me he is fading and fading fast and or he just isn't that good. The McDavid comparisons are silly.

The point is that he is clearly not an 11M center at this stage of the contract - as expected. That doesn't make him worthless at 3M next year. Saying unless he takes league min he is trash is a terrible take

myleafs

May 25, 2021
The point is that he is clearly not an 11M center at this stage of the contract - as expected. That doesn't make him worthless at 3M next year. Saying unless he takes league min he is trash is a terrible take
You stated that people are running players out of town ( and your sick of it) just because they aren't the best of the best....and suggested that those players who get run out of town will obviously succeed elsewhere and then claimed that a large portion of the the posters in this forum would have called McDavid a bum and ran him out of town because he hadn't won a cup. Im suggesting you are wrong in all your assumptions.

Where are all these posters saying unless he takes 3 m he is trash? Personally Im ready to move on from Tavares...he isn't trash but I don't think he brings much tbh and his effectiveness is getting less and less and certainly doesn't bring what I think we need. I think he is fading and is going to age fast and poorly so re-signing him doesn't feel like a good idea., no matter what the $ amount is. 4-7 million x multiple years after the upcoming season?....yikes.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You stated that people are running players out of town ( and your sick of it) just because they aren't the best of the best....and suggested that those players who get run out of town will obviously succeed elsewhere and then claimed that a large portion of the the posters in this forum would have called McDavid a bum and ran him out of town because he hadn't won a cup. Im suggesting you are wrong in all your assumptions.

Just because Tavares might not win doesn't disprove the pattern. Hyman, Kadri, Kessel are examples in the last 8 years of core players who "couldn't get it done" in the playoffs for us and you couldn't win with. Outside of Hyman who was a goal away from a cup, these guys were all main pieces of cup teams.

Yet when they were here, Hyman's playoff stats were used like Tavares to say he wasn't good at that time of year. Kadri suspensions, Kessel's lack of give a shit attitude, etc.

Where are all these posters saying unless he takes 3 m he is trash?

Follow the comment chain to see what started the discussion. A guy was literally saying that.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Draisaitl got 6 in his last 12... is he fading and fading fast or he just isn't that good?

It's a stupid sample size.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yeah having one of the greatest playoff runs in NHL history=a loser.

McDavid conference finals+finals=this team getting owned in the 1st round every year.

You got it man.

We can't criticize the overpaid bozos because only 1 team wins the cup every year, just LOL
Still had he showed up in game 7 with even 1 point, you know when it really mattered, Edmonton more than likely has a Cup.

Reactions: bax

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I am not a fan of resigning JT BUT I have heard that it is a done deal and was part of pact made when JT gave up da C .. it is apparently a 3-year deal .. likely announced at camp .. and shift to LW comes with it .. lets hope it is not stupid AAV but much closer to league MIN

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I am not a fan of resigning JT BUT I have heard that it is a done deal and was part of pact made when JT gave up da C .. it is apparently a 3-year deal .. likely announced at camp .. and shift to LW comes with it .. lets hope it is not stupid AAV but much closer to league MIN
JT will help strengthen our weak LW but leaves a big hole at C. They need to make a move to acquire a top 2C. Sorry, Domi is not it for me.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
JT will help strengthen our weak LW but leaves a big hole at C. They need to make a move to acquire a top 2C. Sorry, Domi is not it for me.

I still think Nylander is a more than capable 2C. And I will debate anyone who claims he has proven he can’t be because it’s never been given a legitimate shot. And most certainly not in the last couple years when he’s taken pretty sizable step forward as a player.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I still think Nylander is a more than capable 2C. And I will debate anyone who claims he has proven he can’t be because it’s never been given a legitimate shot. And most certainly not in the last couple years when he’s taken pretty sizable step forward as a player.
Question is do the Leafs believe he can be C? Never been a bigger need since Shanny got here so let's see if Willie gets a legitimate chance to prove it or not.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad