Seravalli: Tatar to the Leafs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I hate the soft label on Tatar, the guy has grit in him and we've seen it in his first season with the Habs. I have absolutely no idea why he was benched during most of the playoffs since he's not nearly as bad as people say.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Tatar is a decent winger and noticeable when he's on the ice. Just getting to play alongside Matthews-Marner will obviously do him a lot of good.

On the other hand, the playoff track record is an issue especially after what the Habs just did with him. I guess that's something you have to deal with considering the amount of cap space left.
Vegas also left him out of their line-up back then, he just disappears during playoffs it seems..

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Please make this happen Dubas. Tatar is obviously the key to playoff success.

I don't think it'll happen though. Tatar didn't have Leafs PJs growing up and won't be willing to throw away career earnings to bolster a sad franchise.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
You sure? Montreal had the better team last year, based on results.
no, we definitely did not have the better team...we barely made the playoffs lol. a hot streak doesn't somehow change that. stark difference from a team with actual merit like the lightning who did well both in the large sample size of the regular season and the crapshoot of the playoffs.

anyways a lot of herp derp tartar toronto playoff jokes. but he is a legit two-way winger and should have been playing for us in the playoffs. if he plays on either of Toronto's top two lines he is a lock for 50 to 60 points IMO while helping defensively...i dont think they have the cap space for him but maybe he takes a one year prove it deal and cashes out after a motivated season with the Leafs players

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
no, we definitely did not have the better team...we barely made the playoffs lol. a hot streak doesn't somehow change that. stark difference from a team with actual merit like the lightning who did well both in the large sample size of the regular season and the crapshoot of the playoffs.

anyways a lot of herp derp tartar toronto playoff jokes. but he is a legit two-way winger and should have been playing for us in the playoffs. if he plays on either of Toronto's top two lines he is a lock for 50 to 60 points IMO while helping defensively...i dont think they have the cap space for him but maybe he takes a one year prove it deal and cashes out after a motivated season with the Leafs players

According to Dubas we have 3.5-4 million to spend on a top 6 winger, capfriendly disagrees but I'm going to defer to the GM because he's the GM

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
According to Dubas we have 3.5-4 million to spend on a top 6 winger, capfriendly disagrees but I'm going to defer to the GM because he's the GM
I think a lot of sources suggest the 3.5. If I were Tuna I'd take the 3.5 which wouldnt be far off whatever he will get in AAV elsewhere even if he shorts out on term. Have a huge year playing with Matthews or Tavares, then cash in next year offseason

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think a lot of sources suggest the 3.5. If I were Tuna I'd take the 3.5 which wouldnt be far off whatever he will get in AAV elsewhere even if he shorts out on term. Have a huge year playing with Matthews or Tavares, then cash in next year offseason

I'm not against it I think Tatar Matthews Maraner would be a great line.

But there is part of me that wonders if they are better off giving 1.5 each to Nick Ritchie and Marcus Johansson

But I think I'd go for Tatar because I know if it comes down to it Kerfoot Tavares Nylander works, it's not ideal because it creates a hole on 3C but it works

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
Tatar is not the most physical forward there is and is prone to bouts of inconsistencies; that being said he is a legit 2nd line forward and a decent replace for Hyman

A 2nd for Tatar seems fair for both parties

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Tatar is not the most physical forward there is and is prone to bouts of inconsistencies; that being said he is a legit 2nd line forward and a decent replace for Hyman

A 2nd for Tatar seems fair for both parties
Cool but he's kinda free but we'll take the 2nd

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If he’ll sign a prove it deal (maybe 2-2.5) ok, but I’m not convinced enough he’s the answer to overpay out of desperation

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Tatar doesn't want to get hurt so he is not engaged in playoffs but he can help you get there before things get nasty.

He just doesn't have that edge to his game.

Reactions: Fatass

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I hate the soft label on Tatar, the guy has grit in him and we've seen it in his first season with the Habs. I have absolutely no idea why he was benched during most of the playoffs since he's not nearly as bad as people say.
Tatar has absolutely ZERO grit... what ? he has hands, dynamic movement and skills, he never plays the board or move someone, he dekes them.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Habs made the finals. How’d the leafs do?
Habs got hot at the right time. They barely squeeked in to the playoffs. The Habs recipe isn't one to follow for success. More of an anomaly.

With that being said it's unfortunately a way better run than us Leafs fans have seen. Thankfully we've had the Raps, FC and Blue Jays have some success in recent years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad