Seravalli: Tatar to the Leafs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Tatar has absolutely ZERO grit... what ? he has hands, dynamic movement and skills, he never plays the board or move someone, he dekes them.

Ho does and did show it early with the Habs, why he stopped I have no idea.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Toronto rumors:
tenor.gif

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Tuna tailed off this year but he was a good player for the Habs. The guy gave the effort for the team Sure not a physical guy, but didn't shy away from contact. Wish him well.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On his Daily faceoff podcast he stated the Leafs are one of the teams interested un Tatar, he also thinks there is interest in Nick Ritchie.

I think Tatar would be a great fit, I think Tatar Matthews Maraner would be a great line.

Tatar Is a highly skilled forward and I think it would complete what would be a very good top 6.

I'm all for it I hope it happens

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
On his Daily faceoff podcast he stated the Leafs are one of the teams interested un Tatar, he also thinks there is interest in Nick Ritchie.

I think Tatar would be a great fit, I think Tatar Matthews Maraner would be a great line.

Tatar Is a highly skilled forward and I think it would complete what would be a very good top 6.

deja vu

Speculation: - Tatar to the Leafs?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
As a Habs fan I like him a lot but I am not sure he is what the leafs want given the fact that he was benched by VGK and MTL during their playoffs…

TOR does not need talent, they need better depth scoring in the playoffs. That said if he succeeds with the leafs I d be happy for both

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As a Habs fan I like him a lot but I am not sure he is what the leafs want given the fact that he was benched by VGK and MTL during their playoffs…

TOR does not need talent, they need better depth scoring in the playoffs. That said if he succeeds with the leafs I d be happy for both

They do need a top 6 winger and if you start the year with

Tatar Matthews Maraner

Kerfoot Tavares Nylander

That's pretty good, the problem there is that it leaves a hole at 3C buter know Kerfoot Tavares Nylander works

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The upside with Tatar is that he can look really good in the regular season. He will dupe you into thinking that it will translate into the playoffs.

However, his game doesn't change much in the postseason while most guys elevate theirs in the playoffs.

He's a guy that will help a team get to the playoffs, but he won't get you through them, which is why I think he's a redundant price in Toronto.

They will make the postseason with or without or without Tatar. What they need are peices that get you through the playoffs.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...yup, Tuna & Baby Huey definitely seem like Dubas moves...hope he has fun with that, the Habs are grateful to Tatar for his years of service, but he's not that guy when it counts...

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Have you seen their depth?

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Robertson (who they don't believe is ready) - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Simmons - Kampf - Spezza

They def need someone like Tatar.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
It's like Dubas is 3 steps behind every other GM. Kind of hard to watch and I honestly feel bad for Leafs fans.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Isn't Tatar really soft? Seems like the opposite of what the Leafs need. Also seems like their pro scouts mostly blow.

Some people claim that he is soft, but I don't think that is fair. He was a fixture with Danault, and Gallagher, and that whole line was incredibly tenacious, with a high work rate. They were miserable to play against, and that's why they were so effective 5 on 5 over their years as a line together.

Tatar struggled more this year, but so did the rest of the line. They couldn't recreate their identity for long stretches whether it was because of injuries or players just going through some individual issues.

However, the one common theme for Tatar as an individual is that he doesn't have another gear in the playoffs, so while most guys bring their level up, Tatar stays the same, and ultimately becomes ineffective in the time where the leafs would need help the most.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Another non-playoff performer. Go ahead Dubas keep doing your thing and believe that a soft team could win in this league

Reactions: capfit9

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Have you seen their depth?

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Robertson (who they don't believe is ready) - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Simmons - Kampf - Spezza

They def need someone like Tatar.
They need guys like Tampa’s old 3rd line, or 4th really. Hardworking guys with a little skill but more effort and grit who will show up no matter what with energy. Those kinds of guys build momentum.

they should have tried to move some talent ($) and poach one or two

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Yes, getting another round of retreads and hope for the best this year. Since Marleau / Thornton worked out so splendidly.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Isn't Tatar really soft? Seems like the opposite of what the Leafs need. Also seems like their pro scouts mostly blow.

No. He doesn't like playing defense but he's not soft.

He's just not a playoff performer, but he would be replacing Hyman who's been pretty brutal in the playoffs as well.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Yes, getting another round of retreads and hope for the best this year. Since Marleau / Thornton worked out so splendidly.

Marleau was great for the first year and fell off a cliff as a 38/39 year old. 75 year old Thronton was shot before he got here.

Not really comparable to a guy who just turned 30.

Reactions: Glacious

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb

Tatar is not great playoff performer. He would be an awesome fit with Mathews & Marner :)

Reactions: dragonballgtz

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
they should have tried to move some talent ($) and poach one or two

Problem is that Dubas has stated repeatedly he believes in this core (therefore he won't move any of them) and with their collective cap hit his only option is to surround them with B and C-list (more C than B) FAs and hope he strikes gold with a few.

If not, rinse and repeat the next season until either it works or he's fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad