GDT: Tarzan Boy - Sens vs Oilers 7:00 (In the timezone that matters the most)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I agree with what Gregor has been saying as have a lot of people.

Yes we need the wins, but can we actually just start playing smart hockey?

Yes goaltending has let some bad ones in, but at the same time we have to start cleaning up in our own zone.

There is nothing wrong with losing a game if you played a good game. Everyone loses, but losing because you are gifting the other team chances needs to stop.

Not like the Toronto game was all that bad, but they had some massive mistakes that lead to 4 goals in 6 minutes. That needs to stop.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I agree with what Gregor has been saying as have a lot of people.

Yes we need the wins, but can we actually just start playing smart hockey?

Yes goaltending has let some bad ones in, but at the same time we have to start cleaning up in our own zone.

There is nothing wrong with losing a game if you played a good game. Everyone loses, but losing because you are gifting the other team chances needs to stop.

Not like the Toronto game was all that bad, but they had some massive mistakes that lead to 4 goals in 6 minutes. That needs to stop.

I've been waiting for about 17 years for this team to start playing smart hockey. Not holding my breath.

They absolutely have the ability to do it, it just takes an every day focus to pull it off that I'm not sure this group (still!) has the maturity to accomplish. For every focused Boston style game there are a half dozen where you wonder if anybody on the team knows how to play hockey.

It is sad that at this point in the season I'm skittish about the game tonight against a shitty team because I'm worried that they're going to tip toe into the game and get outworked.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I want him to play. But I don't make the decisions :).
Wondering if anyone has heard otherwise.
Only real thing I saw was this from Gregor.

Kane – McDavid – Hyman
RNH – Draisaitl – Yamamoto
Foegele – Bjugstad – Janmark
Shore – McLeod – Ryan

Nurse – Ceci
Ekholm – Bouchard
Kulak – Desharnais

Skinner
Klim Kostin might draw in. Philip Broberg and Jack Campbell were out late after the morning skate, so they won’t play. Kostin was the last forward on the ice, but he left right after Derek Ryan. So we won’t know until warmup which forward is out, and that could impact the line combinations.

Reactions: SnooPac

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
The Yamamoto versus Kostin usage is perplexing. To my eye, Klim has been far more noticeable and productive than Kailer. Are they slow playing him while they negotiate a contract or something? Desperately trying to get Yamo on track before the playoffs? I’m mystified.
There going to walk another good roster player out of town like they do all the time.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Nashville has a tough schedule down the stretch. They still one game left with Boston, Toronto, Carolina, Vegas, Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and the Rangers and two with Seattle and Winnipeg . Their soft games are Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo and Calgary.

In comparison the Oilers have 3 with SJ, 2 with Anaheim and 2 with Arizona.

If the Oilers finish behind Nashville it will either take Nashville having an insane run or the Oilers completely imploding.

I think the must win faction is moreso to have any hope of fighting for home ice in the first round or at minimum avoiding the wild card spot that crosses over.

Nashville has a maximum of 109 points but looking at the records of their opposition and their past performance against the various tiers of teams their expected points in the final stretch is about 21 points putting them at 94 points. Edmonton would need to go 7-8 in the final 15 to match that 94 points, so Nashville needs to be pretty hot down the stretch to catch Edmonton if Edmonton is putting points away.

As for Calgary, their maximum is only 103, and expected is somewhere between 89-92. 6-9 gets Edmonton to 92 points. So it would take a miracle from Calgary or complete implosion by Edmonton for that to happen.

Reactions: Biltmore

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think the must win faction is moreso to have any hope of fighting for home ice in the first round or at minimum avoiding the wild card spot that crosses over.

Nashville has a maximum of 109 points but looking at the records of their opposition and their past performance against the various tiers of teams their expected points in the final stretch is about 21 points putting them at 94 points. Edmonton would need to go 7-8 in the final 15 to match that 94 points, so Nashville needs to be pretty hot down the stretch to catch Edmonton if Edmonton is putting points away.

As for Calgary, their maximum is only 103, and expected is somewhere between 89-92. 6-9 gets Edmonton to 92 points. So it would take a miracle from Calgary or complete implosion by Edmonton for that to happen.
Agreed. I do think that every game form here on in is very important. I think they want to avoid a WC spot. The good news is that doing so is in their hands.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Ceci apparently playing through with a core injury for much of the season according to Bob.

This is actually a relief to hear in a sense.

At least there is a reason and it's not a matter of he just forgot how to play hockey. The fact that a redundancy on the right side wasn't addressed at the deadline knowing this information, however......

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
And they didn't consider making the move for Gudas when he became available on the last day? Oh boy. We're an aggravation of this injury from Desharnais playing in the top 4.

Wonder if Demers makes an appearance at some point.
I completely forgot we had him...

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Keep an eye on the last minute of the periods. Something I've noticed with this team is they turn into a nervous shit show near the end of the period when they have a lead or it's tied.

It's kind of a microcosm of what I think ale's this team. I'd be really interested to see any stats on last minute goals in periods 1 and 2. Third is always going to be a bit different. I just feel that when this team gets nervous they get loose. It may be the difference between this years club and last years. Last year down the stretch the Oilers didn't get phased by a poor play, missed save, giving up that goal to make it a one-goal game with the lead etc.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
There's no talk of McLoed not playing, is there?
He could have had 4 grade AAA errors leading to goals, and Woody would play him.

When has Woody ever shown any examples of anybody? He would rather bench a hard hitting, works his ass off player in Kostin. Don't bench Mcleod who is more scared to even rub a guy out or hit somebody than a senior citizen

Ryan is the Evan Bouchard of offense

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Mathews got 3 points last game against us.
So he should be the favorite to win the Hart.
Meh, hate that garbage Eastern media who does not even know what a top tier generational player looks like

I say let Auston be. He seems like a good guy. He's not asking for all of this attention. It's TSN. Matthews can't even hold MDavid or even Drai's jock for the last few years. Not his fault.

Reactions: RattsSSV and Duke74

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Then f***ing sit him 30 f***ing games ago to heal. Our young defenceman have been the least of our worries on d anyways.
Nah, Big Woody plays this guy up to 20+ minutes lol

One game the MOST ES min on the team after Ekholm

Hockey orgs almost feel to political. Like everybody from their couch knows what to do, but these coaches, etc always do something else.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Nah, Big Woody plays this guy up to 20+ minutes lol

One game the MOST ES min on the team after Ekholm

Hockey orgs almost feel to political. Like everybody from their couch knows what to do, but these coaches, etc always do something else.
There's a lot more going on than what we see on TV and talk about on message boards.

Some problems look a lot different outside than in.

Reactions: RattsSSV and TB12

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I like to play a game lately of “will my baby let me watch the game, or will she scream her head off for three straight hours”

Lately it’s 50/50. Let’s see what happens tonight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad