Rumor: Tarasenko fires agents

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Don’t be obtuse. Everyone knows they tried for timo. But I missed the part where after they missed on timo they couldn’t do anything else with all their cap space. They took their puck and went home early. As they do every year in playoffs.
Home early? Um, they made it to the ECF which was further than teams that went all in at the deadline: NYR, NJD, TOR, BOS, etc.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
So you’re telling me McDavid and Drai would rather have some Foungongo guy then Nathan Mackinnon? No Forgelly won’t win them a cup I don’t care if McDavid went up to the GM and said “Yo my guy what’s good big dawg my Boy is a stud he may not be good on the ice but he an absolute beauty in the room keep my boy on the team” if the GM gets offered anything half decent for him he will literally shoot him away in a canon
Wow thanks for that incoherent rant! Your sounding a little biased though!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I didn’t realize that was goal. My bad. Are they gonna hang a banner for that?
Oh, how cute. You must feel proud.

You said "they went home early" because they didn't blow their wad at the deadline, and it was shown that they didn't go home early and made it to the last 4 teams in the NHL; and teams that spent at the deadline didn't. Rather than just acknowledge that, you come back with that lame cliche?

Newsflash: Only 1 team wins the Stanley cup.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Friedman links Carolina, San Jose, Nashville and Ottawa.

The Sharks are interesting. This route has been taken in recent years (Hall/Buffalo and Klingberg/Anaheim), but it hasn't worked out so well. Friendly usage didn't soup up their numbers for the next contracts and the trade returns were underwhelming.

Reactions: DaveG

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Tank is in the top 20 goalscorers the last 10 years in the NHL with missing a whole season to the shoulder injury.

He just potted 34 2 years ago.

He's going to be solid somewhere for someone and at the least deserves 5 million.

Reactions: Tryamw

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Really curious to see where Tarasenko ends up after changing representation.

Also curious to see where Tatar ends up. He has his limitations but he really fit in well with the Devils. Played all 82 games. 20 goals 28 assists, +41 rating (5th in the league).

He's not a playoff performer that's for sure but if he's on your third line, he is valuable.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Really curious to see where Tarasenko ends up after changing representation.

Also curious to see where Tatar ends up. He has his limitations but he really fit in well with the Devils. Played all 82 games. 20 goals 28 assists, +41 rating (5th in the league).

He's not a playoff performer that's for sure but if he's on your third line, he is valuable.

Tatar reminds me of Dadonov a bit where he can look like utter crap on some teams and contribute very positively on others.

It's smart of Dadonov to stay where he seems to have fit in.

I think both Dallas and New Jersey have excellent coaches and systems, if that means anything.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Tatar reminds me of Dadonov a bit where he can look like utter crap on some teams and contribute very positively on others.

It's smart of Dadonov to stay where he seems to have fit in.

I think both Dallas and New Jersey have excellent coaches and systems, if that means anything.
I'm sure coaching helps. After Bahl signs, the Devils will have 3.5 mil ish of cap space left. It seems like they are trying to make a goaltending move (Hellebuyck?) so depending on what Tarasenko/Tatar are looking for money-wise NJ prob isn't the place.

In fact, Tatar must have been told he wasn't coming back because he packed up and left and didn't do media day or exit meetings. Just disappeared.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Freud would enjoy a lot of your slips.

You keep commenting how you want to see the Canes "blow their load" and that you're upset that the Canes "last longer than the majority" and how this "lasting long leads to contentment".

Honestly....when you put it that way I think they will feel flattered.

Sir this is a Tarasenko discussion thread.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Did I fall into a Tatasenko worm hole that led to the Canes board like the gate to Narnia?

I think a long term commitment to Tarasenko (more than 2/3 years) would be a mistake at almost any price. But something in the 1-2 year range would be fine. I’m assuming at his age the debate is term though. He’s pretty far removed from being a 30 goal guy. Hard to value him.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Did I fall into a Tatasenko worm hole that led to the Canes board like the gate to Narnia?

I think a long term commitment to Tarasenko (more than 2/3 years) would be a mistake at almost any price. But something in the 1-2 year range would be fine. I’m assuming at his age the debate is term though. He’s pretty far removed from being a 30 goal guy. Hard to value him.

His 82-pace the last 2yrs combined is exactly 30 goals. Idk if he hits 30+ again, but I also wouldn't call it 'far removed'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad