Rumor: Tarasenko fires agents

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
That does not sound good. Why would any playoff team want him then?
Because he's basically a lock to score 25+ goals. GMs of playoff teams probably assume they have the team/defensive structure to mask his deficiencies. The Blues were able to do it through the Hitch years and into the cup year without much offensive talent around him but good structure and team play. Granted, that was 4+ years ago. It's why Carolina would have been a really good destination for him, he apparently doesn't agree with that.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
He scores at a 37 goal pace in the playoffs, and he's someone that has always scored goals in big moments, so I wouldn't agree that he's not a playoff performer, but he's more of a pure goal scorer in that sense.
True… he is also one of the most selfish players I have ever seen play the game.

We could probably make about a 10 second compilation video of his career offensive zone assists.

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'd be curious to see who is truly at fault in the these off-seasons of players firing their agents

stubborn player comparing himself to other players
or
confident/cocky agent overplaying the market

there is little money this free agency and probably should have struck while the iron was hot

otherwise you end up like Klingberg who has cost himself $45 million

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
Because he's basically a lock to score 25+ goals. GMs of playoff teams probably assume they have the team/defensive structure to mask his deficiencies. The Blues were able to do it through the Hitch years and into the cup year without much offensive talent around him but good structure and team play. Granted, that was 4+ years ago. It's why Carolina would have been a really good destination for him, he apparently doesn't agree with that.
Perhaps Carolina is not an attractive destination for his "model" wife. There was speculation he wanted out of St. Louis, in part, because he wanted to go to a large market where his wife could pursue her modeling. lol

• Haha

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
True… he is also one of the most selfish players I have ever seen play the game.

We could probably make about a 10 second compilation video of his career offensive zone assists.
Vladi, in his prime, was actually an extremely underrated distributor of the puck in the offensive zone. He'd go through waves where fans would have preferred he never looked to pass because he'd pass up all sorts of good looks.

Even now, he looks to pass more than shoot, but I imagine that's because he knows he doesn't have the same wrister anymore.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
The hell if I know. He plays well when he's engaged and working hard on the ice, he just very rarely looks like he has any desire to do that. I don't know how much of that had to do with his relationship with the organization (training staff) souring after his failed shoulder surgeries, if any. He's always been a bit of a floater that doesn't look like he even wants to be out there, but he used to be able to turn nothing into something and make you forget the fact you didn't notice him for the first 55 minutes of a game.

The little bit I saw of him in New York, he seemed to play a lot more engaged, but he still took long stretches off like he always has. Basically a long-winded way to say Vladi plays motivated when Vladi wants to play motivated. I don't think who else is in the room makes a difference.

I also wouldn't worry about it because there's no way he signs for anything close to what Tampa could afford.
The modern era's Kovalev.

• Haha

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

You probably have not seen him play more than a handful of games.

The amount of ignorance in that post is just astounding, and probably fits well within a 10 second montage of the most clueless posts ever within HF.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
LOL. He seriously does not want to go to the Canes? In that case, it must be because he wants more $ or term, right?

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
LOL. He seriously does not want to go to the Canes? In that case, it must be because he wants more $ or term, right?
I'm assuming he doesn't based on him firing his agent right after he was supposedly signing there. I don't know if he'd want to play there or if they would even want/have room for him, but Seattle would actually be a good fit for the player he his currently. There and Carolina seem like the best fits, but he'll probably end up in Ottawa, which I think is a terrible fit, just ask Debrincat.

He's been one of my favorite Blues since I dove back in to hockey, but he definitely seems like a guy that would rather sign the biggest deal, regardless of fit and how it may impact his future earnings.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

I’d bet a good amount he would go to the Canes, if they offered him the most $$$.
His best bud in Orlov is already there and they have a really good team.

I’d also bet you a good amount that the chances the Canes were offering the most $$$ were slim to none.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I’d bet a good amount he would go to the Canes, if they offered him the most $$$.
His best bud in Orlov is already there and they have a really good team.

I’d also bet you a good amount that the chances the Canes were offering the most $$$ were slim to none.
Based on how Carolina operates typically, I would assume that was the issue for him. His agent was probably pushing that deal cause he knew it would benefit Vladi a year or two from now when he's looking for another contract. Carolina would have been a great place for him to go, show he still has it, put up points, and be on what should be a cup contending team. I can totally see him being presented the contracts and being like, wait, this is less money than that one, why am I signing in Carolina?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Would have been easier to just say you've never watched him play instead of throwing out shitty statements that are easily refuted.

Just to add, Biggest stage you can imagine. Look at this selfish mother f***er.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

Do you think one of them might be Game 7 in Boston Garden when he sealed the win with that gorgeous pass to Schenn through DeBrusk's legs or didn't you happen to see that one in all the years you have been assessing selfishness of players?

Tarasenko to a fault turns attention toward his teammates in interviews.

Your claim about him is aggressive nonsense.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Perhaps Carolina is not an attractive destination for his "model" wife. There was speculation he wanted out of St. Louis, in part, because he wanted to go to a large market where his wife could pursue her modeling. lol

Are we even still in a world where location matters that much for "models" and their career aspirations?

Like...New York, LA, Miami, whatever. But realistically...it's the internet age. You can be a model literally anywhere. Heck, how many NASCAR drivers have influencer model wives that seem to do alright for themselves in the Carolinas?

If that's the reason he doesn't want to sign with the obvious fit in Carolina...that's hilarious. But he's certainly free to make his own decisions and fire as many agents as he wants for telling him that's the best fit.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think the Tatar and Tarasenko chips fall shortly after the Debrincat trade.

Ottawa will be looking for a top 6 winger and everyone cap strapped they might be the highest offer to one of these guys.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
7rrw7y.jpg

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think the Tatar and Tarasenko chips fall shortly after the Debrincat trade.

Ottawa will be looking for a top 6 winger and everyone cap strapped they might be the highest offer to one of these guys.
Is the market for Debrincat big enough that it would impact Tatar and Tarasenko? They are players in different stages of their career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad