Tanking for Alexis Lafreniere

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
As posters have said above, if the season ends tomorrow, we’d have the 6th best odds going by point percentage. That’s pretty good.
That would be 7 and not exactly good given our momentum as of late. And then the sens have 2 top 3 pre lottery picks... I'm already puking

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
As posters have said above, if the season ends tomorrow, we’d have the 6th best odds going by point percentage. That’s pretty good.

The Habs would have the 8th best odds going by % points.

Det, Ott, Ott (via SJ), LA, Ana, NJ, Buf all have worse records by % points.

Edit: I see TooLegit beat me to this above.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
All Teams wont make playoffs. Teams that paid picks for nothing.... every single teams essentially gets the same result but are unevenly rewarded.

The draft order is also about making teams that were bad this year better in the future. We got to see through about 70 games who was bad. That would he the argument for keeping the same format.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Lafreniere, byfield, stutzle, drysdale, raymond, rossi will all be taken before 8th
Prob Holtz as well.

If we stay 8th, we will probably take Perfetti, which is a pretty awesome get.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why are you guys assuming that the NHL won't change the formula if the season is shortened?

I'm game for how they handled the lockout/Crosby draft. It means we could end up with a worse pick and a team like Washington could move up, but it's probably the best way for Ottawa NOT to have 2 top 5 picks.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm game for how they handled the lockout/Crosby draft. It means we could end up with a worse pick and a team like Washington could move up, but it's probably the best way for Ottawa NOT to have 2 top 5 picks.
I think they have to do point percentage if they are just going to end the regular season. Doesn't make sense to do it another way. We are like a dozen games away from the regular season ending anyways.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I think they have to do point percentage if they are just going to end the regular season. Doesn't make sense to do it another way. We are like a dozen games away from the regular season ending anyways.

I agree with this. Makes the most sense since 85% of the games have been played. The NHL has a good picture of who is good (Bruins, Tampa, etc.) and who sucks (Wings, Sens, Habs etc.)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I agree with this. Makes the most sense since 85% of the games have been played. The NHL has a good picture of who is good (Bruins, Tampa, etc.) and who sucks (Wings, Sens, Habs etc.)
They will probably wait to see what will happen before going there. For non playoff teams, it's fine to assign the lottery by point percentage. However, for teams fighting for the playoffs, it would be unfair.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
My God ! :vhappy:

Tankathon   2020 NHL Draft Order   Lottery Simulator.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad