Confirmed with Link: (F) Dawson Mercer re-signs with NJD (3 years, $4M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
IMG_3293.gif

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not going to look at it as Dawson got screwed. Because that's silly.

I'll instead look at it as Dawson rocks. Because he agreed to a contract that is perfect for the team, as well.

Thanks for rocking, Dawson!

Absolutely. He has always given off that vibe and this contract is another illustration of that. High character player who would sacrifice a little money to help the team win a Cup.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
His rookie year too he had the great start to the season with Bratt where he had 14 pts in 19 games. Then went cold with 12 in 31. Then put with Jack and has 15 in 20. Jack gets hurt and he finishes the year with an abysmal 2 in 13.

Mercer at this point is a decent complimentary top 6 scorer who can produce when playing with talent (last year couldn't even do that) but turns into a ghost if he's in the bottom 6. He does have the tools to also be an effective defensive player but that has never translated to actual results yet.

If he can be a 25-30 goal 55-65 pt guy who can also have a good defensive impact and be a solid PKer then that'd be tremendous. It's certainly a possibility for him. Just need to see it happen.

Yeah, I thought he'd have a Parise ceiling but he's just too inconsistent for that which is a shame. If he can turn into a Palmieri type like you said at the bottom, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Hisch13r

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Absolutely. He has always given off that vibe and this contract is another illustration of that. High character player who would sacrifice a little money to help the team win a Cup.
He didn't sacrifice anything lmao. He got the most he could with his very tiny leverage

He didn't sign until the day before training camp. That's not something guys do when they're taking hometown discounts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad