GDT: Tampa @ Leafs 7:30pm Oct 21st 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Iron

Nov 25, 2009
Dump and chase won't help our results in the regular season but should in the playoffs when the ice tightens up. Think of the key errors we've made by circling back in the playoffs. Those should be limited now and we will be used to dump and chase hockey. In theory...

Reactions: Blanka

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Has Marc Savard done anything since landing in Toronto other than hit the buffets?
savage-fred.gif

Strangle

Leafs Smol PP
May 4, 2009
Sportsnet covers the games "in 4k" but uses 99% compression to produce the same level of quality as the YouTube fat lightsaber kid ca. 2007.

4K for them is just a marketing term, also why can’t I get it in at least 60hz?

I can’t stand the boards always going blurry when the camera pans, it’s just high enough resolution to give me motion sickness

Reactions: bax and Blanka

Strangle

Leafs Smol PP
May 4, 2009
No. It's about profits. Sportsnet overpaid, as such, they were forced to offload some games.

Expect it to continue unless there is going to be a Prime-like streaming product that buys all the games. If they do, expect Prime (or whichever company gets it) to increase significantly.

Don't forget that cable prices went up immediately after Sportsnet won the NHL rights. When you dish out over $5B for 12 years it is a hell of a gamble. I'm guessing they lost large.

I think it would be a great play by Amazon to stream all the leafs games. And hire Bowen and team to call the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad