GDT: Tampa @ Leafs 7:30pm Oct 21st 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
4K for them is just a marketing term, also why can’t I get it in at least 60hz?

I can’t stand the boards always going blurry when the camera pans, it’s just high enough resolution to give me motion sickness
Yeah, I end up having to watch it at 144 Hz with motion enhancement on.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
4K for them is just a marketing term, also why can’t I get it in at least 60hz?

I can’t stand the boards always going blurry when the camera pans, it’s just high enough resolution to give me motion sickness
Are you talking about the SN+ app?

I had to boost my internet speed to gigabit to make it 60fps. Any slower it just refuses to give me the best image quality.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Can you imagine if we replaced Marner and Tavares with McDavid?

3 players truly capable of driving their own line?

holy moly.

McDavid will retire an Oiler. Even if there was a remote chance, You won't be replacing John and Mitch with Mcdavid. Those two are FA this year

McDavid is a FA 2026-2027

Reactions: Ciao

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Has Marc Savard done anything since landing in Toronto other than hit the buffets?
Marc Savard at 1am in downtown Toronto
akv8grvoke4d1.gif

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I think it would be a great play by Amazon to stream all the leafs games. And hire Bowen and team to call the games
Well, it might amaze people to know that in terms of Amazon user transactions, Canada is third in the world, just ahead of the entire U.K. We are way behind the U.S numbers of course, but there is real potential here.

Canada is 6th in Amazon Prime, so, there is big upside potential. I think approx. 15M Amazon Prime in Canada. So, you do the math if they increase the annual price by $20, that's $300M alone per year. Not even including the increase to retail sales which probably increase significantly with more users and Prime benefits. They then have ad revenue they can generate, on and on.

I just don't see Rogers giving up NHL rights very easily. Amazon may be forced to accept buying 8-15 games a year at an inflated rate but who knows.

I am certain that Rogers would have negotiated a "first bid" trigger at the expiration of their current NHL rights contract but I dont know for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad