GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5/RDS - We could be above .500... maybe Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Sanderson is just so unreal. I honestly think he will be like a Pietrangelo/Keith. A Norris quality player.

I hope you're wrong about Sanderson, I didn't realize they had such bad shoulder injuries.

Greig's vision in tight in front of the net is fantastic. The entire sequence on the first goal, beating Cernak to the puck and getting on it while taking a hit, getting his ass up, and the finding space in the front of the net before making a (no look?) pass to Tarasenko.

He created a second chance later in the game moving the puck from out in front.

Reactions: Cosmix and Dionysus

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I didn't watch him last year, but I made sure to look him up on hockeydb so that I could post what a bad idea the 8x8 contract was.

I am starting to think that I was wrong.

edit: 8.05 x 8
That was such a dumb thread lol. I'm sure it was like trying to teach kindergarten, those posters just couldn't wrap their heads around it.

Plus, it's super annoying when someone takes a hard line stance and it's clear they haven't watched the player much.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I didn't watch him last year, but I made sure to look him up on hockeydb so that I could post what a bad idea the 8x8 contract was.

I am starting to think that I was wrong.

edit: 8.05 x 8

My favourite is the guy who says Sanderson hasn’t shown the offensive potential of a #1.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Lol, oh i know. 8 million after OnE YeAr! What are they doing????
When DJ figures out he is the better suited player for PP1, (as good a distributor but better at defensive recovery and holding in the puck) he will start getting some serious offensive numbers as well.

Chabot - Chychrun is still a great PP2 combo.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Many Sens fans have known that Sanderson would be good a while (since ND) but 8 M$ is a lot of money, you need to produce a lot of points for that but it looks like even that won't be that hard for him.

Hopefully Chabot rediscovers himself through Sanderson and leaves the rebuild years behind because he has high end talent too

Which is why I still don't understand the pairings.

Can't say that I understand most of what DJ or Dorion have ever done, Tkachuk-Stuzle and Norris-Batherson works though so they absolutely have to be together if possible.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson
Joseph - Greig - Tarasenko

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was really down on Parker Kelly last year but fair is fair - he has been vastly improved so far this year, playing his role very effectively. I'm not sure if he can stay in the lineup every night, but he's making a good case for staying in the league...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
For him to be effective he's gotta be an annoying POS to play against.
I would not go that far as a POS implies negative things like sucker-punching, hitting from behind, hitting players when they are vulnerable, etc.

I like his hustle and no fear approach to playing the game, hitting every time he has the opportunity, back checking with energy, blocking shots, etc.

Some people gotta complain no matter what. Even after a flawless period where we outshot them 17-3.
The only flaw was finish; should have had 2 goals, not 1.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He's got to stop bitching and whining all the time.

Even if you're in the right the refs don't love it when you call them out and some of them undoubtedly have egos and will hold a grudge.
I disagree. Call them out very time! The refs should own their mistakes.

Stutzle complains significantly more than most.

In a lot of cases he has a point, but it's not a great look and you bet the refs don't appreciate it.

He'd be better off letting DJ do the complaining for him.
I have been waiting for DJ to say something. For years!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Mcewen no good tonight.

Kastelic is simply playing terribly. How does a guy that big get tossed around so often
I wonder if MacEwen is playing injured. If not injured he is not bringing much to the team.

Kastelic is about what I expected. I do not have high expectations for him with respect to scoring. He needs to play a strong defensive game and play physical all the time. Unfortunately, he does not do that often enough to suit me.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like Ridley Greig's game. He works hard and is a digger. It will be nice to see him continue to develop. Something about him reminds me of Mike Fisher.
Brady is a beast.
I don't see Mike Fisher in Ridley. I am not sure who I would compare Greig to at this time.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Batherson appeared to be back to playing a great game during preseason; now not so much!
He was really good in game 1 he just couldnt finish. It appears if you play with Joseph and Grieg you play well. Would love to see Norris Pinto Batherson play 10 games together.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't see Mike Fisher in Ridley. I am not sure who I would compare Greig to at this time.
Not at all, very different Grieg is pass first type that has good vision and skill. I am having a hard time thinking of a good comparable as well. He has some pest and physicality in him too.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He was really good in game 1 he just couldnt finish. It appears if you play with Joseph and Grieg you play well. Would love to see Norris Pinto Batherson play 10 games together.
Maybe. Worth a shot to try that line. Perhaps also try Batherson - Greig - Joseph to see if that might work.

Not at all, very different Grieg is pass first type that has good vision and skill. I am having a hard time thinking of a good comparable as well. He has some pest and physicality in him too.
The best I could do is Stan Mikita when he came in to the league. But that goes way back in time.

I pay to get entertained. Swing your stick at the refs head and give the refs a weapon as welll
Ted Green - Wayne Maki! Nope. Don't need steal plates in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad