WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
romelson: You're wrong. You're thinking Swedish.
Chelios anyone?

Hell no. Did you skip all lessons at Oerjans school or what? The K in Kihlstrom can never be equal to a sh- or sch- sound. The K is pronounced exactly like the ch- in cheese. Im not posting more on this topic. It's obviously counter-productive to help out w/ the pronounciation since the correct one gets drowned in the flood of wrong answers from posters of the midget league of linguistics.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Hell no. Did you skip all lessons at Oerjans school or what? The K in Kihlstrom can never be equal to a sh- or sch- sound. The K is pronounced exactly like the ch- in cheese. Im not posting more on this topic. It's obviously counter-productive to help out w/ the pronounciation since the correct one gets drowned in the flood of wrong answers from posters of the midget league of linguistics.
Yet we all know the Canadian TV-commentators will butcher his name and say Killstrom. ;)

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Can anyone tell me how Nilsson has looked this year? Obviously he must be playing good enough to make the team...but i cant find stats for him anywhere.

My fantasy future looks bright with Markstrom-Nilsson-Koskinen-J. Eriksson

For that matter...is Joacim Eriksson playing in the SEL this year?

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Can anyone tell me how Nilsson has looked this year? Obviously he must be playing good enough to make the team...but i cant find stats for him anywhere.

My fantasy future looks bright with Markstrom-Nilsson-Koskinen-J. Eriksson

For that matter...is Joacim Eriksson playing in the SEL this year?

Nilsson has been playing really good this season and deserves the spot. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5591&lang=en

No Ericsson is playing for Leksand in Allsvenskan.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
You think he has the potential to be a big name player and not just some average
2nd-3rd liner like he's projected to be? This is the first time that i'm hearing Zetterberg comparisons.... I certainly hope you're right

I think alot depends on how he gets treated over in the NHL and also how he adapts to the smaller dimensions of the ice.

I'm not a fan of his team and I'm not overly excited about him either but yes, I think he'll become better than average. Not a big star, but above average.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

You sound really angry :>

But I agree with you

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
After last nights game in San Jose I wouldnt expect Karlsson to be at the WJC. Had a real nice game, and given the confidence management seems to have in him, Im sure hell be staying in NHL. That said, if he does go down, big boost for Sweden.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
After last nights game in San Jose I wouldnt expect Karlsson to be at the WJC. Had a real nice game, and given the confidence management seems to have in him, Im sure hell be staying in NHL. That said, if he does go down, big boost for Sweden.

Good for him, he seemed to be struggling earlier so I guess that tenure in the AHL did him good. Too bad for us at the WJC but good for Karlsson

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I was just going to ask about this, too bad, I guess this Victor Ohman kid was not considered? Can anyone give me the low down on him?

This years WJC team Sweden is too deep. Ohman wasn't even close, and he's a good player. But too young and older players are ahead of him right now.

TIE

Sep 13, 2008
Scandinavia
Why isn't Landeskog on the team?
I think people are getting a bit too excited about him just because of his age. He barely just turned 17 and yet he's so good... Still, we have such a strong team this year, IMO it would be a mistake to bring him along. I don't think we would have brought Pääjärvi as a 16-year-old either if we had only had better depth back then. Same with Finland when they let Granlund play last year. In my eyes, unless the kid is just insanely talented (I.e. Adam Larsson/Victor Hedman) then bringing such a young player is a sign of weakness and lack of depth.

Landeskog is going to become a star in the future, but that doesn't mean we don't have better players for the team right NOW! Basically what I'm trying to say is, if a player is good at a young age, that doesn't mean he is better than a player 1 or 2 years older who has had that additional time to develop. Who is going to be a better player in the future is kind of irrelevant for a tournament that is being played today.

Rumours say that Per MÃ¥rts and the Swedish Hockey Association wants to "punish" players who "defect" to Canada instead of remaining in Sweden. Not sure how true those rumours are...
I don't buy that argument. Sure, I'm a little disappointed that Wallén didn't make it, but Figren comes to mind, as well as Carl Hagelin and Mario Kempe. And those are all from the same year!

If a player is good enough, then he plays. I think we often forget that we all have our streaks of homerism when we're sitting here, discussing who should be on the team and who shouldn't, and then it's easy to get bummed if your favorite player didn't make it, and start going "yeah well NA players are being discriminated against!". But Pär Mårts actually gets paid for selecting the roster. It's his job, gents. I have all the confidence in the world that he knows who suits which role on the team a lot better than we do.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
what do you think the lines are gonna be?

forgive me i dont know much about alot of these players.

paajarvi-johansson-tedenby
josefson
Kruger
lander

Last edited:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Here is an article I wrote - I haven't seen a few of the players before, so just had to go on scouting reports. Most of the top guys I have seen games/highlights of.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.p...ws-team-sweden&catid=14:jeff-angus&Itemid=102

Projected lineup:

Svensson Paajarvi – Kruger – Petersson

Tedenby – Johansson – Josefson

Rodin – Lander – Silfverberg

Klingberg – Lundberg – Brodin

Erixon – Ekman Larsson

Rundblad – Larsson

Ekholm – Kilstrom

Markstrom

Nilsson

I think they may try and balance the d-pairings a bit - sounds like Rundblad is off to a sub par start.

I also realize Josefson is not at center, but any of the top three guys could slot in on those two lines.

dr-nix

Beware of the Bunny!
Feb 7, 2005
You think he has the potential to be a big name player and not just some average
2nd-3rd liner like he's projected to be? This is the first time that i'm hearing Zetterberg comparisons.... I certainly hope you're right

A few years ago Lander was seen as the player with the most promise in his age group ahead of Hedman, MPS and so on.

Then the others started developing more than him i guess. I've said this a few times already but Lander has taken a rather big step in his development this season. Before i saw the embryos of a gifted two-way center, but he was sort of weak in his own zone.

Before this season he was absolutely not boxplay material. And he didn't get a bucketload of icetime. Now this season started with Anton Lander getting the A (assistant-Captain) on his shirt. He started on the wing on the 3rd or 4th line i think (i can't quite remember atm). Anyway he did start the season as a winger but got the chance to play as a Center (due to injury i belive). And like the natural centerman he is Lander took the chance to impress the coach. Now he gets most icetime on the team among forwards playing in boxplay and even powerplay.

Now he has more stuff to develop before he's ready for the NHL. Anton Lander needs atleast one more season in Sweden. While currently he's playing as a defensive center he does have offensive skills even though they aren't as extreme as his linemate MPS (Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson).

And one more reason why i've been getting exited by Lander this season is his willingness to step into physical situations in games. His leadership abilities is showing even though the kid is only 18 years old. And in a team thats had it's worst start (of the season) this side of the millenium that kind of stuff is welcome.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Here is an article I wrote - I haven't seen a few of the players before, so just had to go on scouting reports. Most of the top guys I have seen games/highlights of.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.p...ws-team-sweden&catid=14:jeff-angus&Itemid=102

I think they may try and balance the d-pairings a bit - sounds like Rundblad is off to a sub par start.

I also realize Josefson is not at center, but any of the top three guys could slot in on those two lines.
Krüger and Josefson play together in their club (Djurgården) so they should play in the same line in WJC as well, I think.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A few years ago Lander was seen as the player with the most promise in his age group ahead of Hedman, MPS and so on.

Then the others started developing more than him i guess. I've said this a few times already but Lander has taken a rather big step in his development this season. Before i saw the embryos of a gifted two-way center, but he was sort of weak in his own zone.

Before this season he was absolutely not boxplay material. And he didn't get a bucketload of icetime. Now this season started with Anton Lander getting the A (assistant-Captain) on his shirt. He started on the wing on the 3rd or 4th line i think (i can't quite remember atm). Anyway he did start the season as a winger but got the chance to play as a Center (due to injury i belive). And like the natural centerman he is Lander took the chance to impress the coach. Now he gets most icetime on the team among forwards playing in boxplay and even powerplay.

Now he has more stuff to develop before he's ready for the NHL. Anton Lander needs atleast one more season in Sweden. While currently he's playing as a defensive center he does have offensive skills even though they aren't as extreme as his linemate MPS (Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson).

And one more reason why i've been getting exited by Lander this season is his willingness to step into physical situations in games. His leadership abilities is showing even though the kid is only 18 years old. And in a team thats had it's worst start (of the season) this side of the millenium that kind of stuff is welcome.

Thanks for the analysis partna, it's much appreciated. I didn't realize how highly touted he was so it would seem that he definitely has the potential to be more than just a run of the mill checking center, that's a bonus in my book considering that he's a second round pick.
One more question, does he always play on a line with MPS? Does it seem that he needs MPS to be effective or is it more that they feed off each other? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad