WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
It is. They're showing that if you go the CHL route, your WJC chances are going to be slim.

Good for the selectors, it's not like the CHL has done well at the WJHC!
Did Sweden use the USA Hockey philosophy for selecting players?
:naughty:

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009

For those of you who doesn't understand; This is SAIKs players Martin Lundberg, Tim Erixon, Adam Larsson and David Rundblad watching if they got selected for the squad. The title is "Russian Happiness" a little nod to the fact they don't even cheer when they see they're selected :laugh: Don't know if it's because they knew it in advance though.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I agree. The fact that _no_ CHL players were selected just adds to this. We'll see next year if Lehner, Landeskog, Wallén etc makes it, which they should.

FYI....

Landeskog coach in Kitchener Steve Spott (a coach on Team Canada) has said on the radio that Landeskog will be the captain of the Kitchener Rangers in the near future .

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
FYI....

Landeskog coach in Kitchener Steve Spott (a coach on Team Canada) has said on the radio that Landeskog will be the captain of the Kitchener Rangers in the near future .

Wow :amazed: I think that adds to my love for him. He played for my hometeam in Sweden (Djurgården). How usual is it for coaches to be saying this about rookie, non-north american players? A swede Captain?!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well, if he wanted this big, tough defenseman, then why didn't he took him? I mean, it's obvious that Erik K, David R, Adam, OEL and Tim E were locks. So basically guys that have beaten urbom fot this spot are Kilstrom(6'0 176), Bertilsson(6'0 190) and Ekholm(6'4 203). As you can see, only Ekholm is big, and Urbom is of course more physical than him.

I actually like selection of Kilstrom, but would have taken Urbom ahead of Ekholm or him.

Oh, my mistake, I thought Marts was saying that he had his big physical guy in Kihlstrom in place of Urbom. Now they don't have that guy, this is even worse than I thought.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
To me it seems like Per MÃ¥rts is scared to/didn't want to/weren't allowed:)O) to pick players that choose to play in the North American juniorleagues instead of Swedish Juniors or fourth line of a Swedish Elitserien team

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
what happened to that scoring sensation someone is infatuated with, Simon Dahl?

;)

Dahl actually got to play a tourney with the B J20 national team 3weeks ago. He didnt score any points. One player who truly took the opportunity at that tourney: Martin Lundberg, who was awarded MVP by the russian tournament officials despite having thrown his gloves against russia, beating up a russian. I think he's a great choice for a checking line center role. Gritty energy player who stands up for the team.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
My lineup.

Pääjärvi-Krüger-Josefsson
Tedenby-Johansson-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Silverberg
Klingberg-Lundberg-Brodin

Rundblad-Ekman Larsson
Larsson-Erixon
Kilström-Ekholm
Bertilsson

Markström

Last edited:

Steven

May 10, 2009
My lineup.

Pääjärvi-Krüger-Josefsson
Tedenby-Johansson-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Silverberg
Klingberg-Lundberg-Brodin

Rundblad-Ekman Larsson
Larsson-Erixon
Kilström-Ekholm
Bertilsson

Markström

I would put both Larsson or Erixon ahead of Rundblad right now.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Wow :amazed: I think that adds to my love for him. He played for my hometeam in Sweden (Djurgården). How usual is it for coaches to be saying this about rookie, non-north american players? A swede Captain?!

How many imports have been captains of their junior teams? Considering how rare it is for top prospects to come over at 17, it'll be hard to find any. Landeskog is a stud though. I see Brendan Morrow v2.0 in him, and he'll be one of the bright spots of the 2011 draft.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

what do swedish fans know about Anton Lander? Curious if he is more than "a 2 way center" like hockeysfuture says.

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
hey couple of questions to people who follow swedish hockey.

how close was peter andersson to making the team and hows he been this year? did the canucks get a steal here?

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
hey couple of questions to people who follow swedish hockey.

how close was peter andersson to making the team and hows he been this year? did the canucks get a steal here?

From my personal knowledge of Andersson.. he's a very good pick for where he was drafted (wouldn't call him a 'steal'). He's a solid defender but not as good as anyone on the team for sure.

dr-nix

Beware of the Bunny!
Feb 7, 2005
what do swedish fans know about Anton Lander? Curious if he is more than "a 2 way center" like hockeysfuture says.

Well he is very gritty..

He has taken a rather big step in the right direction this season. He does show leadership skills. He's good in boxplay and is better at scoring goals than his stats show. But don't expect alot of points because he has prioritized defence so far this season. It's unfair to him but i can't stop comparing him to Zetterberg. He's not flashy like Zetterberg can be but other than that he does remind me of him (sue me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad