WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Great squad, cant complain about any name, all my 6 dman locks and 9 fwd locks got into the squad. Superb. IMO, Rasmussen is a tiny surprise but thats because he's the only player I havent seen so I cant really disagree about that pick.

Pentothal

Dec 30, 2008
I also expected Urbom to make it. MÃ¥rts said that it was close but that he wanted a physical player and he didn't find Urbom physical enough to play that kind of role when he has seen him play for the Wheat Kings.

I'm pleased with this team though. Nice to see Brodin make it, didn't expect that. Yeah, Ölvestad is probably a good comparison.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
WOOT! Silfverberg, Petersson and Karlsson all make the team! :handclap:

Too bad for Lehner, he has probably been one of the top 3 goaltenders in the CHL this year...

Now that the team is set, any Swedish fans have an idea of what the lines might look like?

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
WOOT! Silfverberg, Petersson and Karlsson all make the team! :handclap:

Too bad for Lehner, he has probably been one of the top 3 goaltenders in the CHL this year...

Now that the team is set, any Swedish fans have an idea of what the lines might look like?

Do you think that Karlsson will be released from Ottawa? MÃ¥rts said that Tampa could not miss Hedman for 4 games so they couldn't get him, but Karlsson might.

These are my lines by the way;

Pääjärvi-Johansson-Klingberg
Tedenby-Krüger-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Josefson
Silfverberg-Lundberg-Brodin
Rasmussen

Karlsson-Ekman Larsson
Larsson-Erixon
Kilström-Rundblad
Ekholm

Markström
Nilsson

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I just love Tedenby, he seems like a really nice guy. He is hilarious and I feel every team wants a guy like him in the lockerroom.

And on the team, I really like it. Kilstrom or Urbom, it's lite potato and potaaaato :P

MÃ¥rts did a good job

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I'm chocked that neither Robin Lehner or Alexander Urbom is in. Never seen Urbom play but if he almost made the roster of any NHL-team he should be in there.

Lehner is great. If I understand it correctly he is one of the OHL's best netminders in one of the worse teams of the leauge. He plays on the small ice, against Canadian players. He has a high standard and the only time he really played bad was just as he came back from his swineflue.

Bob Munden

Apr 3, 2008
Stockholm
Do you think that Karlsson will be released from Ottawa? MÃ¥rts said that Tampa could not miss Hedman for 4 games so they couldn't get him, but Karlsson might.

Tedenby-Krüger-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Josefson
Rasmussen

Karlsson-Ekman Larsson
Larsson-Erixon
Kilström-Rundblad
Ekholm

Markström
Nilsson

:yo:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
lol Rodin.
He is so overrated.
One goal in 18 SEL games..LOL..pretty bad for a second rounder
Bjorklund deserved a spot with better numbers and being a fourth rounder.

How often have you seen him play?

And coming from a Flames fan this seems a little suspicious....

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
lol Rodin.
He is so overrated.

So 3 assists is the difference between making the squad and watching at home? Im no Canucks fan but Rodin looked great in the series against Canadian College teams. IMO its hard to argue that he's not one of the 12 best forwards available for this team. And the fact that you single out Rodin is laughable.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
I want Tedenby and Petersson together I think. Proven chemistry, some quickly thrown together new lines;

Tedenby-Krüger-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Josefson
Rasmussen

Karlsson-Ekman Larsson
Larsson-Erixon
Kilström-Rundblad
Ekholm

Markström
Nilsson

Looks about right. I can't say I've seen much of Rasmussen though, and I thought that maybe Bertilsson would make it.

I'm not that surprised that Urbom, Landeskog etc didn't make the team, but if I was the one picking the team I wouldn't have been able to leave Urbom out. Landeskog would've been exciting to see too, but we almost certainly will next year.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Canucks fans.
One goal in 18 SEL games..LOL..pretty bad for a second rounder
Bjorklund deserved a spot with better numbers and being a fourth rounder.

What do you expect when he's only played 3 minutes per game?

Disappointed at no Andersson on the team, but glad at least Rodin is there.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Tedenby-Krüger-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Josefson
Rasmussen

Karlsson-Ekman Larsson
Larsson-Erixon
Kilström-Rundblad
Ekholm

Markström
Nilsson

Well Karlsson was just called up from the AHL and played his 10th game this season triggering his contract. Sens GM Bryan Murray is a really nice guy so if Karlsson asked to play in the WJC Murray might let him go. But since he was called up I have a feeling that he is now here to stay in Ottawa. Karlsson did say that he was going to play in the WJC if he wasn't in the NHL though, so we'll see.

Sens fans are still wondering why Karlsson was called up though and not kept in the AHL when we have capable defenceman that can play...

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Looks about right. I can't say I've seen much of Rasmussen though, and I thought that maybe Bertilsson would make it.

I'm not that surprised that Urbom, Landeskog etc didn't make the team, but if I was the one picking the team I wouldn't have been able to leave Urbom out. Landeskog would've been exciting to see too, but we almost certainly will next year.

If Karlsson isn't released Bertilsson will get the extra spot on the squad. That's what MÃ¥rts said.

Well Karlsson was just called up from the AHL and played his 10th game this season triggering his contract. Sens GM Bryan Murray is a really nice guy so if Karlsson asked to play in the WJC Murray might let him go. But since he was called up I have a feeling that he is now here to stay in Ottawa. Karlsson did say that he was going to play in the WJC if he wasn't in the NHL though, so we'll see.

Sens fans are still wondering why Karlsson was called up though and not kept in the AHL when we have capable defenceman that can play...

Okay. Ah well, here's to hoping we can get Karlsson who is extremly valuable, especially on the powerplay.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I don't think Lehner was ever in line to be on the team, and I've heard he'll be the starter next year.

It was basically between him and Nilsson for the backup, was it not? Seemed like the majority even wanted Lehner.

It's pointless to talk about next year already. Who knows what can happen between now and then.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't think Lehner was ever in line to be on the team, and I've heard he'll be the starter next year.

I'll be a little suprised if Lehner starts next year. The indication to me would be that Nilsson would start since he and Lehner were both drafted this past year and NIlsson made the team and Lehner did not. That being said who knows what a year from now will bring.

I do expect Lehner on the team next year though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad