WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I agree with you dr-nix, he does remind me alot of Zetterberg too. I'd say he has those flashy moves if he wants to but so far he's playing pretty easy and safe.

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Anyone surprised that Adam Almqvist didn't make the cut? Or was that expected?

I don't know enough to say whether it was a big disappointment for him. I imagine it was a situation where they felt they had enough offensive defenseman with Rundblad, OEL and possibly Karlsson.

Can anyone comment?

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Anyone surprised that Adam Almqvist didn't make the cut? Or was that expected?

I don't know enough to say whether it was a big disappointment for him. I imagine it was a situation where they felt they had enough offensive defenseman with Rundblad, OEL and possibly Karlsson.

Can anyone comment?

No Almquist was never really close to making it.

OILNATION*

I agree with you dr-nix, he does remind me alot of Zetterberg too. I'd say he has those flashy moves if he wants to but so far he's playing pretty easy and safe.

Sounds like a solid pick for Edmonton. I can't wait the see him and MPS in the world juniors!

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Sounds like a solid pick for Edmonton. I can't wait the see him and MPS in the world juniors!

To be completely honest, I'd say he's ready for the big thing next season. And if Oilers manage not to screw him up he'll be a big name for years to come and a future leader. He's already an alternate captain for his team in Elitserien. Being a second round pick I'd say he will turn out to be a steal.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Strangely enough, there's no player on the Swedish squad that is eligible for the 2010 draft. Well, maybe not that overly strange since the 2010 draft is expected to be way weaker than the 2009 draft, from a swedish perspective.
A total of only five undrafted players. Larsson that is eligible 2011 and then Kilstrom, Lundberg, Brodin & Rasmussen who didnt get drafted during the previous drafts. I wonder if any of those four will shine enough at JWC to get drafted. I doubt it, but it's not impossible.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Strangely enough, there's no player on the Swedish squad that is eligible for the 2010 draft. Well, maybe not that overly strange since the 2010 draft is expected to be way weaker than the 2009 draft, from a swedish perspective.
A total of only five undrafted players. Larsson that is eligible 2011 and then Kilstrom, Lundberg, Brodin & Rasmussen who didnt get drafted during the previous drafts. I wonder if any of those four will shine enough at JWC to get drafted. I doubt it, but it's not impossible.

I was just going to ask about this, too bad, I guess this Victor Ohman kid was not considered? Can anyone give me the low down on him?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Could anyone give an account on how Jakob Silfverberg and Andre Petersson have played this far this year? I've also heard that Petersson has grown a little bit and his skating has improved. Anyone able to confirm?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Could anyone give an account on how Jakob Silfverberg and Andre Petersson have played this far this year? I've also heard that Petersson has grown a little bit and his skating has improved. Anyone able to confirm?

Petersson improved ALOT since last year, I think he will be a good one. Last year I had my doubts him even making the NHL...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
To be completely honest, I'd say he's ready for the big thing next season. And if Oilers manage not to screw him up he'll be a big name for years to come and a future leader. He's already an alternate captain for his team in Elitserien. Being a second round pick I'd say he will turn out to be a steal.

You think he has the potential to be a big name player and not just some average
2nd-3rd liner like he's projected to be? This is the first time that i'm hearing Zetterberg comparisons.... I certainly hope you're right

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Funny... I learned it'd be scheehlstroom.

Wait... how would they say it in Skâne?:D

Kihlström is pronounced Shiilström ;)

Btw, you often see misspellings of Rundblad on this board. The funniest one is Runbald. Some months ago it seemed like he was growing a volume mane but I've seen his hair is shorter now. Too bad, it would have been a great trademark ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad