Confirmed with Link: Svechnikov signed $7.75M aav, 8yrs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If the rumor is true…my guess would be $7.75M x 8, which would be surprising, considering most Canes fans have been expecting a bridge.

I’ve been expecting a Laine-type deal, $6.75M by 2-3yrs.

I think I said $7.5 for 8 was about right so price is right rules, I win.

Close, but Spock here gets the trip to the wheel spin.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The amazing thing is that even this year it's a good deal. Once the new TV money starts kicking in and revenues normalize? This has the potential to be absolutely ridiculous in only 2-3 seasons.

Yeah we could see similar caliber players to him in 2-3 seasons getting $11-12M+ if the cap goes up and if Svech takes the jump forward we all hope/expect.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Couturier just signed for the exact same contract. Svech setting the market.

Somewhat different mechanics, though. Couturier, entering his age 29 season, traded the maximum possible salary that he could get on the open market in exchange for an 8-year term. Svech, entering his age 21 season, agreed to buy out 4 UFA years in exchange for a higher salary now. I think that both contracts are good for all sides.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Close, but Spock here gets the trip to the wheel spin.

@bleedgreen I believe you've got the right of this. He may get as much as $8 million, but I think the Landy contract sort of put a monkey wrench in Svech's agent's arguments. Sure he's 7 years older but has also proven much more. There's a bit of a premium you pay of Svech's youth, but that's hardly more that a million a year IMO. I think this contract comes in at $7.75 - $8 million ACV.

Close second.....

Reactions: Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Glad that it’s done, really glad it wasn’t the AAV rumored. We’ll see if he plays to the level of it, which we’ll need because you build through the middle and it can be hard when you pay your wings a lot to pay two good centers too. We need him to be worth this much, he’s seemed like a good bet.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Glad that it’s done, really glad it wasn’t the AAV rumored. We’ll see if he plays to the level of it, which we’ll need because you build through the middle and it can be hard when you pay your wings a lot to pay two good centers too. We need him to be worth this much, he’s seemed like a good bet.
I have not seen much out of Svech's game that has me worried at all about this AAV for 8 years. Put it this way, I'd much, much rather have this deal than be stuck with the one that Dougie signed. This deal has 'buy low' written all over it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I have not seen much out of Svech's game that has me worried at all about this AAV for 8 years. Put it this way, I'd much, much rather have this deal than be stuck with the one that Dougie signed. This deal has 'buy low' written all over it.
I don’t disagree but you have an interesting interpretation of “buying low”. We didn’t get any discounts here. He just didn’t sign for what some random Russian dude made up and tweeted.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don’t disagree but you have an interesting interpretation of “buying low”. We didn’t get any discounts here. He just didn’t sign for what some random Russian dude made up and tweeted.
It seems high right now, but I fully expect Svech to break out in the next couple seasons, and when he does, this is going to be an absolute bargain of a contract.

$7.75m isn't a buy low. Locking that price in for 8 years, in my opinion, is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad