Confirmed with Link: Svechnikov signed $7.75M aav, 8yrs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I think this is a reasonable deal for both sides. It’s a little rich on the front end, and it has the potential to be a pretty decent bargain on the back end. Win-win, and it’s some positive momentum into training camp when early off-season there was a little bit of negativity.

Kudos to the agent for not being too much of a homer.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
i think it originated on 4chan before making the rounds on hiphop message boards prior to ending up on reddit, but it definitely blew up in popularity there. i think the original version was about flying lotus

Ah that makes sense, I didnt browse 4chan much back then.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This is the greatest copypasta of all time.

I saw Tom Dundon at a Harris Teeter in Wake Forest yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

You are liar, Tom Dundon is a Snickers man and doesn't waste time with that Milky Way shit.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
i honestly thought what toronto did with marner and nylander blew the market up for wingers getting paid as much as centers. this is a healthy number for what svech has already accomplished. i know that any utterance that sounds like less than deity level appreciation for him is justly mocked, but svech in terms of production is slotted pretty correctly at $7 million. that's about what matthew tkachuk was given and to me that's a better comp than pettersson stylistically for as imperfect as comparisons go. they stretched it out and gave him the full 8 years with a cherry on top. sebastian aho is and perhaps always will be the superior player. we're damn fortunate to have both.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
if necas keeps his progress i can't see him signing under 7m per year he has potential to be 90 point two way center, future gamebreaker. Predator with eyes of a puppy.
As much as I would want to sign him to an 8 year deal, part of me does wonder if its wise to lock up what would likely be $15m-$16m per year in 2 players who have not fully put it all together yet for 8 years.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I shoot for Ehlers comparison with Necas. Ehlers was 8% of the cap.

7 x 6.6 million for Necas would be where I go right now.
I'd rather not have Necas and Svech coming due in the same offseason. I'd go 6 or 8 years with him, just to give us extra time to try and fit both in the fold, should they both explode onto the scene

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
if necas keeps his progress i can't see him signing under 7m per year he has potential to be 90 point two way center, future gamebreaker. Predator with eyes of a puppy.

I really hope that happens but I'd be SHOCKED if Necas became a 90 point 2 way center. A more likely scenario would be him being a consistent 60-70 point winger, which would still be great.

2Minutes4Surging

Jul 5, 2017
Durham, NC
I have always thought a good comp for Necas is Teravainen. What Necas lacks in defensive and assist production, he makes up for with speed and goal scoring. But I see them as equally important players. Necas falls somewhere in the 5.75M x 5y - 6.5M x 8y range for me.

Reactions: CandyCanes

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I am curious on what our long terms plans are with Necas. Do we have him tabbed for 2C in the near future? If so, does that make getting him inked to an extension ASAP a priority, so that his comparables are wingers and not centers?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I am curious on what our long terms plans are with Necas. Do we have him tabbed for 2C in the near future? If so, does that make getting him inked to an extension ASAP a priority, so that his comparables are wingers and not centers?
What other 2c we have? Troc is getting old and Necas is natural center with insane potential. It is not about if but when.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Trocheck. Necas isn’t going anywhere. Obviously the sooner we sign him the better but for putting up W’s Trocheck should be the priority.

I know he’s not.
In an ideal world we can bundle Trocheck, Nino, a couple prospects and picks and land Eichel and be able to run Eichel-Aho-Jordo-_____ down the middle for a while

but I do realize this is also fantasyland talk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad