The Menu Part 24 The Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
200.webp

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
So I stopped into Benash today to grab a bottle of a John J Bowman Single Barrel store pick. For those that don't know, that's a $60 store pick Single Barrel of Buffalo Trace's Mashbill #1 and has the same grape note that most of their juice does. It's right on profile. That's less than the price of a shelfer Eagle Rare in NJ.

But the point here is that there was a scotch rep in the store while I was there, so I struck up a conversation. Next thing I know, he's pulling out samples and did a free tasting of 6 different options, 5 of which were 18-25 years old. Talk to reps. They're there to sell. The one I liked the best and snagged was the 14 year old. Go figure. The worst by a mile was a Macallan 18 Double Cask. You can beat that for $50.

Reactions: trostol

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So I stopped into Benash today to grab a bottle of a John J Bowman Single Barrel store pick. For those that don't know, that's a $60 store pick Single Barrel of Buffalo Trace's Mashbill #1 and has the same grape note that most of their juice does. It's right on profile. That's less than the price of a shelfer Eagle Rare in NJ.

But the point here is that there was a scotch rep in the store while I was there, so I struck up a conversation. Next thing I know, he's pulling out samples and did a free tasting of 6 different options, 5 of which were 18-25 years old. Talk to reps. They're there to sell. The one I liked the best and snagged was the 14 year old. Go figure. The worst by a mile was a Macallan 18 Double Cask. You can beat that for $50.

The idea of ever drinking again right now makes me queasy.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad