Confirmed with Link: Suter signs 1 year

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
There’s got to be a trade coming.

I said it in another thread just now, even for that small amount of money for a single season, I hate this signing.

We’re stuck with him this year, this isn’t going to be a situation of “well maybe he’ll have a good year and we can flip him for a pick at the deadline.” Suter has really fallen off, he’s definitely not going to win a race out there, and I think we’ll see even more of the reasons why the Stars and Wild have bought him out.
The thought I had when I saw the signing was: Can this guy at least play D? If so on the bottom line, it could work, but thanks to you I see he's done for and wondering why we signed him than finding someone, maybe even a younger option who might just be a stay at home dman and nothing much more or get one of those by sending someone like Krug the other way,

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I (hopefully didn't) figured out why we signed him: Army wants to tank. If we do, it might make folks like Krug, etc. waive and finally get moved. I'm kind of fearful whatever trade we make next.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Maybe it’s a favor to whoever his agent is, and that agent also represents another guy we are actually interested in? :huh:

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
There's not really any young Defenseman who will be ready for the NHL this season. If anyone is getting Blocked it's Perunovich and Tucker.... and let's be real, if either of them never play another game for the Blues we aren't missing much.

Hey look everyone, it's the same argument we used for Walman, Mikkola, and Dunn! "It's not a big deal to block these players who are clearly already peaked with veterans, they don't matter. Vet presence on Defense or bust!"

We haven't made a good decision on our defensive core save maybe re-signing Parayko (And that is very iffy for his contract) in 4 years. What makes you think this one will be?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Maybe there is an injury that we are unaware of or one or both of our 6th and 7th guys didn't prepare like they would've hoped for this season. This is a wake up call.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
IMG_7002.jpeg

I know we all hate this, but he might actually still be an upgrade over Krug, Peru or POJ lol. Sad state of affairs when a 39 yo Suter makes us better.

Reactions: The Electrician

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Umm… Weren’t there rumors of him being disgruntled in Minnesota and not very good in the locker room? I’m pretty confident I read that from a credible writer when they bought him out. Given that we are a re-tooling team that isn’t expected to be very good, I can’t say I’m super excited about adding this guy to our room. Not to mention his age.

Now, if this means a Krug trade is coming then whatever, I guess I’ll be fine with it. But certainly something has to be budging soon and somebody will be getting moved out. Otherwise this doesn’t make sense.
Don't worry, everyone says this means a trade is coming. Suter + 2nd to get us some more future considerations and a fixed locker room at the deadline!

Reactions: sfvega

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Hopefully this means Krug is on the way out? Do I have to do some ritual dance for that to happen?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
This dude is a grade A jagoff. At least it's just one year, but I don't want him anywhere near young players.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
This dude is a grade A jagoff. At least it's just one year, but I don't want him anywhere near young players.
So we trade a 2nd to remove a supposed locker room cancer and then go out and get a similar or worse one. Culture clearly isn’t as big of a focus as some would lead us to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladys Gumption

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Now watch, with his heavy incentive-based contract he ends up being this amazing top pairing Dman for us. Army that old school dad looking at his slacker son who's asking for gas money and tells him, 'You want me to give you some money? GET TO WORK, BOY!'

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Weird signing.

Didn’t think Suter was horrible for Dallas TBH. If he can be a capable bottom pairing guy for league minimum, I’m not gonna be mad about it. Maybe we could even get a mid round pick for him at the TDL…

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
BTW, the Suter signing puts us at 50/50 contracts with Alexandrov qualified, but not signed yet. So either the Blues aren't planning on signing him anymore or there is a trade coming up to free a contractspot. That, and the fact we have 6 LHD signed to 1-way contracts making that very plausible.

Just hoping Army isn't using our 1sts as sweetener but can see anything happen after the Hayes move. Eventhough it would really feel stupid to do.

Reactions: The Electrician

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad