RW Tyler Boucher - Belleville Senators, AHL (2021, 10th, OTT)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Yeah, no.

He was right.

Way too early to say that when there are top 10 picks who either never played an NHL game or only played a handful of games.

It's clear Boucher was a horrid reach and his development also couldn't have gone worse since the draft. It's not clear yet at all if he's the worst top 10 pick in history.

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Way too early to say that when there are top 10 picks who either never played played an NHL game or only played a handful of games.

It's clear Boucher was a horrid reach and his development also couldn't have gone worse since the draft. It's not clear yet at all if he's the worst top 10 pick in history.
Of course, anything is possible and if he's healthy and everthing goes right he might, someday, somehow play a few games as a 4th liner in the NHL...

You were telling, after he was drafted, to a poster that said the guy had no upside and was a huge reach that he didn't know anything about the USNDP...

4 years later, we all must admit the doubters were right all along. #10 OA for a guy that MIGHT make it as a 4th liner if everything goes well and stays healthy is horrible drafting.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Way too early to say that when there are top 10 picks who either never played played an NHL game or only played a handful of games.

Boucher could still have an NHL career, it wouldn't shock me. But he wasn't a first rounder.

And yeah I agree, he was clearly a terrible pick at 10, but still not as bad as taking McIlrath at 10 ahead of Fowler & Tarasenko IMO.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad