Suter is playing the worst hockey of his career

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He got completely burned by Branden Sutter tonight. That surprised me.

Exaggeration. Sutter started of ahead of him due to a moronic shot attempt by Vanek, who was the cause of the break. What you are really saying is that Suter couldn't catch Sutter on a break.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Yeo was in the old West he would ride his best horse till he died, or broke down.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
The worst defenseman in the league doesn't play 29.35 minutes per night. He's actually one of the best in the league. Try give any other Wild defenseman that icetime and it's gonna be a lot uglier.

This is one of those myths that is often repeated. He doesn't even crack the top 20. Completely one dimensional dman.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Jakub Kindl for Ryan Suter straight up.

edit: **** I forgot Parise will want to go with him.
Jakub Kindl and Joakim Andersson for Ryan Suter and Zach Parise.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Trade him to Colorado, just the guy Avs need to play left side with EJ.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Is this a problem? I love the fact that his team and him especially are struggling. Keep it up boys.

I agree.

He should have stayed in Nashville.

Now he's stuck with a loser franchise for the rest of his career.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Because the team was playing so lousy I think he felt the pressure to help the team and rushed himself back too quickly after the mumps problem.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
What the hell's going on with him? Is he playing hurt? 30mins a game for any player is a bit much to ask, even for Suter.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
What the hell's going on with him? Is he playing hurt? 30mins a game for any player is a bit much to ask, even for Suter.

He was playing pretty good before he got the mumps. Then he may have come back early or something because after that he hasn't even been close to the same.

dmj616

Oct 12, 2010
Ryan Suter is the player I disagree with HF on more than anyone else. Every game I watch him play he ends up playing somewhere between mediocre and average. Maybe my expectations are always too high, but I'm always left wondering what player everyone else is watching...especially in his own zone. I'm well aware I just keep watching some of his rougher games but still.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The man is probably tired, and he's had personal problems to deal with.

I'll take him all day on the Leafs if you don't want him.

Tukka Rask

Feb 1, 2012
This is one of those myths that is often repeated. He doesn't even crack the top 20. Completely one dimensional dman.

The first 2 seasons with Minnesota he was a top 3 defenseman. There's no myth, only people who go to nhl.com to watch his stats and say "well he's not scoring as much as Erik Karlsson!"

C'mon, give me your best argument on why he's not a top 20 defenseman. No other player plays 30 minutes a night. And if you want to bring up +-, last year he was +15 playing on a team that got somewhat consistent goaltending.

Nynja*

My point was he has been logging the highest minutes of any player the last 3 years, in-case you missed what i was getting at. Thats more minutes then any other player for a 3rd season. And even in 11-12 he finished with the 3rd highest ice time in the nhl. Of course that cant be wearing a player down can it.

Hes also had no deep PO runs, compared to Doughty. Those extra games do count.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Suter's not terrible it's just the team around him that's bad. If Minny was still good Suter would be back to his Norris winning ways.

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto
Suddenly losing your dad, mumps, playing 30 plus minutes a night, and horrifying goaltending may have something to do with it. He was great last year and I'm sure will rebound next season.

This. Hockey is as much a mental game as anything else, if you've got that much going on both mentally and physically it can definitely take its toll on you. Once he's had a summer to relax and get back on track he'll be back to normal next year.

Billy Mays Here*

I agree.

Love how mods allow people like you to flame our franchise but the second I call you out on it my post gets deleted.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I can't believe I benched Gologoski for Suter last night. Have not been paying enough attention to how awful him & the Wild have been.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
As a team goes, so goes an individual player on said team?

inconceivable-1.jpg

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I agree.

Because Nashville has won so much?

Suter was a UFA who earned the right to play wherever he wanted. My main issue with the entire situation is that (from what I read) he wasn't up front with the Preds about his intentions. Suter didn't "owe" it to the organization to stay if he wanted to play for the Wild, but IMO he did "owe" it to Poile to tell him whenever he knew that he wasn't going to be coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad