Suter is playing the worst hockey of his career

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This is one of those myths that is often repeated. He doesn't even crack the top 20. Completely one dimensional dman.

And if you look over here you will spot your typical hf post that shows a poster doesn't know what they are talking about.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I agree.

He should have stayed in Nashville.

Now he's stuck with a loser franchise for the rest of his career.

I wonder if anyone remembers the exact same post you made last year when Nashville put together what some consider to be the single most dominate Playoff run ever to win the most coveted trophy in all of sports Lord Stanley's Cup,,,,, oh wait that big hockey hotbed in the state of Tennessee didn't even make the PO last year. My bad. You might want to lighten up a bit putting down other teams and franchises.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Playing a lot of minutes against top competition in front of shoddy goaltending=lots of minuses.

He's still one of the best defensemen in the league.

NHL Fanatik*

I wonder if anyone remembers the exact same post you made last year when Nashville put together what some consider to be the single most dominate Playoff run ever to win the most coveted trophy in all of sports Lord Stanley's Cup,,,,, oh wait that big hockey hotbed in the state of Tennessee didn't even make the PO last year. My bad. You might want to lighten up a bit putting down other teams and franchises.

Neither Nashville or Minnesota has a cup; don't see why he can't say that, they haven't exactly won jack.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

The Wild havent done much either though.

Nashville barley missed the playoffs while missing their starter most of the season. They missed it by only 3 points.

Nashville is in a bit better shape than the Wild, or were. No clue whats up with Rinne.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Sorry, Karlsson is bad on defense. He is a great offensive dman, but he is not great defensively.

He's not bad. He's above average. If he was bad he wouldn't be playing 27 minutes against opposition top lines.

Good job on actually ignoring everything I said though.

Smell the roses man, don't let preconceived HF notions get to you.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Because Nashville has won so much?

Suter was a UFA who earned the right to play wherever he wanted. My main issue with the entire situation is that (from what I read) he wasn't up front with the Preds about his intentions. Suter didn't "owe" it to the organization to stay if he wanted to play for the Wild, but IMO he did "owe" it to Poile to tell him whenever he knew that he wasn't going to be coming back.

No doubt he does...never said otherwise.

Pick a franchise that doesn't know how anything about team building and it's not surprising the team is poor despite having "the best prospect pool" a few years ago. I'm just saying, I don't feel bad for him.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
No doubt he does...never said otherwise.

Pick a franchise that doesn't know how anything about team building and it's not surprising the team is poor despite having "the best prospect pool" a few years ago. I'm just saying, I don't feel bad for him.

People forget awfully fast that this is the team that dominated Hawks in divisional finals in the playoffs last season. Only bad luck cost them the conference finals.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
He's not bad. He's above average. If he was bad he wouldn't be playing 27 minutes against opposition top lines.

Good job on actually ignoring everything I said though.

Smell the roses man, don't let preconceived HF notions get to you.

I watch him when ever he is playing because I have him on my fantasy team, but he is bad defensively.

Also, I havent posted in this forum for a hell of a long time so the majority opinion here does not have any influence on my opinion of how bad or good players are.

Karlsson is terrible defensively - average at best. Hell of an offensive defenseman, but you should wake up and smell the roses yourself if you think he is above average defensively. Also, you dont have a guy that talented offensively not play those amount of minutes when he is one of your highest scorers or has the ability to be.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
That's what happens when you sign a 98 million dollar deal. 10% of them work out.

That 98 million dollar deal has been worth every penny. He is the sole reason we've made the playoffs the last two years. This team -Suter? Not in the playoffs. This season? Emotionally compromised and sick Suter = human.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
He was never as good as advertised.

Minnesota is a trainwreck right now. Are they going to be winning while Parise and Suter still are good? I don't think so.

Are you kidding me? He's been better than I can even imagine over the last 3 seasons.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
The Wild havent done much either though.

Nashville barley missed the playoffs while missing their starter most of the season. They missed it by only 3 points.

Nashville is in a bit better shape than the Wild, or were. No clue whats up with Rinne.

I know we haven't won jack, but if someone calls a team and franchise losers because we are having a crap year and on top of that some people are enjoying kicking a man when he's down knowing how painful it must be going through the first holiday season without his dad. What has Suter done that brings out so many negative post. Take a look at his +/- prior holidays compared to during and after the holidays.

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I agree.

He should have stayed in Nashville.

Now he's stuck with a loser franchise for the rest of his career.

Some harsh words. I don't get it. The Wild are a #1 goaltender and a 1C from being in the cup (IMO- and those are no small pieces, I know). Are you a Nashville fan? Seems to me that they must be a 'loser' franchise as well due to no Cup wins. (even though I don't think that, Nashville is a wonderful team)

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
It's just flat out too many minutes. He's probably playing the last period tired, at points exhausted. It's been a dozen years since ANY COACH, leaned on a player like this in the regular season. Last one to play this kind of minutes in repeat straight seasons? A 32yr old Lidstrom(at the end 32). You can't keep giving Suter these minutes and not expect to pay for it. It's like they are getting as much value per dollar as they possibly can out of him, even if it's negative return. It only takes 1 bad shift to give up a goal or make a key mistake, Suter will have more and more if they keep riding him like this.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Amazing what happens to fan/coach perception of defensemen when they play in front of .880 goaltending. Byfuglien was a two time all star who got moved to forward after playing 28 mins / night in front of Pavelec for 3 years.

Magically, when he plays in front of Hutchinson or Montoya last two years, he was fantastic. He's back to being an all star Dman because Pavelec is finally a backup.

Suter is a top 5 Dman in the league, IMO.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
He's a DRW fan not a Nashville fan.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Without watching him at all this season I am wondering if there are any other underlying reasons why he has not been as good besides the goaltending, like perhaps he has an injury that isn't keeping him out but is limiting his effectiveness. Is that possible?

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
He's a DRW fan not a Nashville fan.

Ok, I wasn't sure why he took a jab at the MN organization, but who knows these days. To be honest the Preds are well built and hope we can get back to competing at your teams level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad