Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That play was completely on Woll. Dubois was going for the puck. Woll skates out to the circle and dives right in front of him. I'm a goalie and I won't defend Woll on that. I got clipped in the head 2 weeks ago in my game where I made an aggressive play to make a poke check out of desperation on a guy that was taking it across the front of the crease. I took a knee to the head and didn't blame him. It was my own fault.

Woll plays it like he's having a stroke, but the angle Dubois takes and the last second foot kick instead of a stick play doesn't add up .

Sorry about your beer league luck, but that isn't the same play or sequence

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
That play was completely on Woll. Dubois was going for the puck. Woll skates out to the circle and dives right in front of him. I'm a goalie and I won't defend Woll on that. I got clipped in the head 2 weeks ago in my game where I made an aggressive play to make a poke check out of desperation on a guy that was taking it across the front of the crease. I took a knee to the head and didn't blame him. It was my own fault.
Going by recent NHL policy/rulings regarding goalies, forwards are responsible for avoiding contact with goalies, not vice-versa. At least when the Leafs are not involved.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Spezza in person meeting should go something like this. Parros: “ just wanted to meet in person to shake the hand of the man who has translated his game to a higher level”

Reactions: Lilou and Buds17

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Money well spent. The suspension should help load manage Spezza anyway and get a look at some internal depth (Ho-Sang, Anderson, etc.).

Couple weeks off can't hurt a 38 year old in a long season. Worth sending a message.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Mainboards are saying 10-15 games. Hahaha. Mind you we are the Leafs so who knows.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I think it will be 4.

They can't suspend Spezza as long as the biting and be seen as a serious league, right?

Meanwhile, the correct outcome would've been Brad Meier being fired. Then again, I guess he's had a long successful career of being this incompetent, and the NHL won't want to end that.

Reactions: Kurtz

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Going by recent NHL policy/rulings regarding goalies, forwards are responsible for avoiding contact with goalies, not vice-versa. At least when the Leafs are not involved.

The attacks against Leaf goalies have been the most egregious. For the last two seasons alone MLSE should be raising hell with the league.

As Burke once said about the Sedins, "Sedin is not Swedish for 'punch me' or 'hit me in a scrum'"

I'm looking up the history of the last name Campbell and I have yet to find anything about kneeling on the head or crashing into while crashing the net.

This is what I found:

Campbell Name Meaning & Campbell Family History at Ancestry.com®

Scottish: nickname from Gaelic cam ‘crooked’, ‘bent’ + beul ‘mouth’. The surname was often represented in Latin documents as de bello campo ‘of the fair field’, which led to the name sometimes being ‘translated’ into Anglo-Norman French as Beauchamp. In New England documents, Campbell sometimes occurs as a representation of the French name Hamel.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad