TV: Survivor: Season 47 - Fall 2024

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
loved it when the old guy told sue she looked great for 45. That must've made her day lol.

The Summit has been solid as well.
So the Summit is worth watching then? We've been thinking of waiting until the season is over so we can binge it. I don't really like trying to follow multiple live shows at the same time.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
So the Summit is worth watching then? We've been thinking of waiting until the season is over so we can binge it. I don't really like trying to follow multiple live shows at the same time.

It's been solid. definitely better than Amazing Race IMO. Bunch of people racing to get to the top of the mountain as a group. People get voted off at times. The catch is that every one is carrying about $90,000 cash and if you vote them off you get to keep their cash for the group, but if they leave by other means (injury, etc) then the money goes with them. They added to the drama byu including some fat and/or old people in the cast who are really struggling.

Another good race show is on Peacock. Forgot what it;s called , but first season was in Alaska and the second season was in New Zealand.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It's been solid. definitely better than Amazing Race IMO. Bunch of people racing to get to the top of the mountain as a group. People get voted off at times. The catch is that every one is carrying about $90,000 cash and if you vote them off you get to keep their cash for the group, but if they leave by other means (injury, etc) then the money goes with them. They added to the drama byu including some fat and/or old people in the cast who are really struggling.

Another good race show is on Peacock. Forgot what it;s called , but first season was in Alaska and the second season was in New Zealand.
Yeah I've seen a ton of ads for it between BB and Survivor. I love that they carry the cash on them and then divvy it up when someone gets voted out. Makes everyone keep the money right at the front of their mind.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Race to survive.

Worlds toughest race is also really good, albeit just one season. Its basically a bunch of the best adventure racers in the world doin a massive race that involves, hiking, canoeing and a bunch of other stuff. The people in that show are crazy and just never stop. Always been a sucker for these types of show ever since I started watching the challenge forever ago.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Race to survive.

Worlds toughest race is also really good, albeit just one season. Its basically a bunch of the best adventure racers in the world doin a massive race that involves, hiking, canoeing and a bunch of other stuff. The people in that show are crazy and just never stop. Always been a sucker for these types of show ever since I started watching the challenge forever ago.
LOVED world's toughest race. It was a rebirth of the old ECO Challenge from 20 years ago which was a fantastic reality short run series as well. If you can ever find it definitely check it out.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
another great ep. Hopefully the trend continues. Interesting that there doesn't appear to be any semblance of tribal alliances going into the merge.

Next ep we'll find out if Sam screwed up by agreeing to let Andy be the back up plan.

Is there a "definition" for what the merge actually is? Does it mean making it to one beach or making it to jury? Because if it is just making it to one beach, they definitely merged before they said they merged.

In the past few seasons they would do the two teams, one sit out/pick who they think will win, and then the winning team is totally safe. They had to "earn" the merge, which those who won that challenge did. This time they did something similar, but the twist was only one of them "earns" the merge at that challenge... which is just a regular challenge in the "post merge" world.

Like they put them on one beach, said you're not merged yet, ran a challenge and tribal with rules they would do in a "post merge" game, and then said they were merged. Like that was just a regular individual immunity challenge and tribal. So I feel like they technically merged before they said they merged.

Semantics, I guess, and I'd rather Rome not be able to say he "made the merge", even though I think he did.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Is there a "definition" for what the merge actually is? Does it mean making it to one beach or making it to jury? Because if it is just making it to one beach, they definitely merged before they said they merged.

In the past few seasons they would do the two teams, one sit out/pick who they think will win, and then the winning team is totally safe. They had to "earn" the merge, which those who won that challenge did. This time they did something similar, but the twist was only one of them "earns" the merge at that challenge... which is just a regular challenge in the "post merge" world.

Like they put them on one beach, said you're not merged yet, ran a challenge and tribal with rules they would do in a "post merge" game, and then said they were merged. Like that was just a regular individual immunity challenge and tribal. So I feel like they technically merged before they said they merged.

Semantics, I guess, and I'd rather Rome not be able to say he "made the merge", even though I think he did.
Jeff has come full circle. He's back at the original merge concept but doesn't realize it.

Reactions: Superman33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad