Post-Game Talk: superstorm

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It’s a little too far into the season to have all the miscommunications in the defensive zone. We’re back to chasing guys and we’ve been waving sticks for weeks now. Need to clean this up

Until we quit (the 3rd) the score wasn’t relative to the game

Reactions: yrrebbor and Cmox

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I keep telling you guys don't mistake a great start or even a team playing great for a great team. We can beat any team in a regular season gane but we can also be beat by anyone including Columbus. I'm very proud of our team but if we are seriously thinking cup in 2024 we will need to improve our top 6 at forward and/or our top 4 on defense. Rearranging our 10-12 minute players will not do it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Bad vibes from the get go with this game. From the early penalty on. You just knew it was going to be one of those games. When they lose it’s not a dog fight, they just get obliterated and move on to the next game.

The lack of forward depth really hurts them in games like this too.

We’re really stretching the usefulness of Brodzinski and Pitlick. It’s frustrating when Edstrom and Othmann are seemingly right there.

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
Half the team played with basically one arm and one leg working but point taken.
Ohhh you meant the Tampa game. My mistake I thought we could still put an effort in more than a disabled ferret. Who are you the guy who sold me the tix?

• Haha
Reactions: bl02

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I keep telling you guys don't mistake a great start or even a team playing great for a great team. We can beat any team in a regular season gane but we can also be beat by anyone including Columbus. I'm very proud of our team but if we are seriously thinking cup in 2024 we will need to improve our top 6 at forward and/or our top 4 on defense. Rearranging our 10-12 minute players will not do it.
No I think incessantly bitching about our least important players is the tonic this team needs.

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
We desperately need an upgrade in the top 4 D. I don’t care if Lindgren is here or not but he belongs on the 3rd pair
Lindgrens here for better or worse they are never sitting him. So who sits? Gus or Schneider - if we are imagining shit that's not happening but I'd deal Gus his Cinderella moment is done and he has any easy deal.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lindgrens here for better or worse they are never sitting him. So who sits? Gus or Schneider - if we are imagining shit that's not happening but I'd deal Gus his Cinderella moment is done and he has any easy deal.

The teams ceiling is capped with Lindgren playing the minutes he does. I like the think Drury is aware of this and if the team treads water in the 2 months between now and the deadline, I don’t think a trade is crazy. Stranger things have happened. Just one man’s opinion.

I also have no issue with Gustafsson being a #7 like he was signed to be. He has been fine at best since the first 15 games of the season. Another case of a journeyman being asked to do too much.

Even the announcer messed up

Sam and Joe were as bad as the team tonight.

If I have to hear “It’s the pressure, Sam” again, just shoot me instead

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Trouba and Miller the only ones to make it out of that game even steven on the +/-

Reactions: EEL

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Black holes of the game:
Schneider
Everyone else

(Finished watching after the second)

Reactions: EEL

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
The teams ceiling is capped with Lindgren playing the minutes he does. I like the think Drury is aware of this and if the team treads water in the 2 months between now and the deadline, I don’t think a trade is crazy. Stranger things have happened. Just one man’s opinion.

I also have no issue with Gustafsson being a #7 like he was signed to be. He has been fine at best since the first 15 games of the season. Another case of a journeyman being asked to do too much.
This and the last many years for cash strapped teams is all about that. Wait til the end to see what happen and cap space accrues then see what you can do. I'd LOVE if we could add a solid guy like Orlov to shore things up but I think we have bigger needs. Sure, Kakko will be back but we'll still have the Pitlick who absolutely cannot be on our playoff roster and best case scenario Brizinski - this is a team going for it all not just hey let's give it a go.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
9-6 since Dec 1. This lineup is catching up to us. Still winning more than losing but not by a whole lot. The chytil and Kakko injuries are becoming more and more difficult to overcome.

Brodzinski I’ll say again is not an nhler.

Bonino is doing way more than he ever should be. Prob a 13th forward maybe a 4C at most right now. He’s playing as a 3C

Pitlick stinks prob should be a 13th forward at best.

Goodrow eating thru a tube the last month is he really at his best? No.

Fox has been mid

Lindgren terrible

Shesterkin mostly lousy outside of a 4 game stretch.

Lineup needs a shake up. I don’t see why edstrom can’t come in for a few games to spell Bonino. I don’t see why at this point of the year Othmann can’t provide a spark with a cup of coffee. Not going to hurt him. Feels like these moves should have been made already but drury is just hanging on till the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad