GDT: Superbowl GDT- Patriots vs Seahawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

Too bad because he made a ballsy call last week that paid off and did it again tonight. He actually seemed to be making all the right calls and looked like a genius...

Then came the last 30 secs of the game...

You can only rely on lucky plays for so long, we know all about this :help:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Don't think that can be done. Clock is frozen on conversions. His play was good to run the clock down and 1 TO remaining. If he get's stopped on 2nd down, WITH A RUN, he calls timeout and leave himself one last final play to make it happen.

Ahh, you are right. Didn't realize the clock is frozen.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
BareMixedKissingbug.gif

:lol:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I read all the Carroll interviews and the guy's ego got in the way. He still thinks they made the right call. The guy is somewhat blaming his players for not executing HIS play. He lost the room for sure.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
If there are play reenactement in the next Madden, we know what the first one will be!

JUST HAND IT OUT TO LYNCH, STUPID
With the Super Bowl on the line, literally, on the one yard line, you have 3 plays to score and the best running back in the league. Will you take the right decision?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
WTF? Even I would have run the ball and I'm not even a big football fan.
Losing by 4, get a good drive up the field, then a miraculous catch that had no business of being caught...now 26 sec left, 1st down, 1 yard to go to win the super bowl with Marshawn Lynch ready to sleep walk into the end zone and what does the coach decide? To run the clock...Jesus... Get the bloody touchdown first...then if you want to run the clock do it on the extra point drive. Did he get paid? Because I can't see how anyone is that dumb...

Not a big fan of american football but i don't think he actually had to run the clock down.

There's was only 20 sec left as far as i can remember. If he gets the TD on first try you can remove a good 2-3 sec from that. If it requires 2 tries with a timeout then you can remove even more.

Yes you can score a TD in 17-18 sec but it's very hard and it requires some fails from the defense or at the very least some luck.

I don't think the pass was necessarily alone the only problem. I can't remember the play perfectly but from what i recall they did not fake a run or anything. Passing the ball so quickly in the middle on heavy circulation was kind of surprising if not totally dumb. If you really want to run the clock down don't try a pass like that. Try a lobbed pass close to the sideline that nobody can intercept. I think he wanted to surprise NE defense with a dumb unexpected play.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Just imagine if Pete Carroll reacted the same was as Michel Therrien when MT was asked about why there weren't 2 centers on the ice for that important defensive faceoff vs the Dallas Stars ;)

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Darrell Bevell (OC) confirmed he called the pass and he is now putting the blame on the receiver....

I understand why he would call a pass in this situation (showing a cover 0 defense) Lockett would've been wide open in the middle, but it was not a cover 0, he got schooled by N-E's DC so bad.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Darrell Bevell (OC) confirmed he called the pass and he is now putting the blame on the receiver....

I understand why he would call a pass in this situation (showing a cover 0 defense) Lockett would've been wide open in the middle, but it was not a cover 0, he got schooled by N-E's DC so bad.

I'm familiar with Darrell Bevell since I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan. That call reminds me of that game when Favre threw an INT in OT vs the Saints (NFC Championship) instead of playing it safe and try for a FG.

Anyways, it is what it is. He's going to live with that decision for the rest of his life. At least, he will have opportunities to win a Super Bowl again.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

To be fair, it was what, 2nd down? That play was still basically open if not for a tremendous play from a rookie back, and they still would have had two more chances to run it with Lynch if that gets dropped or stopped right at the line. Bad gamble in hindsight, since everyone and their dog knows the Beast is their main/most reliable weapon, but going after a rookie back on 2nd down when you're reading cover 0 at the goal line isn't the worst mistake you can make as a quarterback.

Might be Wilson's worst mistake though, I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad