GDT: Superbowl GDT- Patriots vs Seahawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
In 2013, it was 69% run success, 52% pass success. This year's numbers aren't there yet, obviously.

(cool search engine for such things: here)

Changing it to match the situation a bit better (last 2 mins, defense up by 4, 1 yard, 2nd down), 4/4 run plays were successful (100%) vs 8/12 for pass plays (67%). Note that in this kind of situation, NFL teams attempted 12 passes vs 4 runs in 2013 (though the success rates are right there to see). Also note that this is all 1-2 yards to go situations; not just goal line situations.

Strangely enough, for this season it was 61% from the pass with 109 attempts and 58% from the run with 223 attempts. Wilson's interception was also the only interception that occurred when passing it in that situation.
(source)

Add to that Lynch was 1-5 this year from the 1 and that the Pats had their run unit on the field, it think passing in on 2nd down was a wise decision, but imo Wilson made a poor pass and Butler was lucky he guessed the play correctly because if it was a fake, the WD would've been completely wide open, like during the 'Hawks 2nd or 3rd touchdown.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
honestly?

Elway > Brady

GOAT rankings here i mean

As a strictly pocket passer? Maybe. As a "field marshal", i.e. the guy who stands under center every snap and decides what to do from there? I don't think so. Results are heavily skewed in Brady's favour, especially in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad