Super League and cheating by ManCity and PSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I feel like they're basically admitting guilt to cooking their books by even filing this lawsuit (not that we didn't already know that). What was their logic? I guess it's just a last ditch effort because they know that they were going to be found guilty on the 115 charges.

"We'll continue to defend ourselves against those 115 charges because we have run a clean operation while winning all of these titles... also, we're filing a suit against the validity of this rule that doesn't let us spend infinite money, because there's no way we can compete with the rule limiting our ability to spend."

And maybe the most ridiculous thing is that City already have the highest commercial revenue in the league and are not far off Real Madrid and Barcelona. A real third-party / arm's length valuation for their sponsorships would probably have them behind all of the big 6 clubs in England, and certainly not close to RM/Barca. But they're mad that they can't have infinite money rather than just significantly more than everyone else.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They have balls :laugh:

Time for the FA to send them to the 6th division or dissolve the club.
Everything they've been doing shows they are totally guilty. Suing the EPL before the EPL can punish them is 100% "smoke, so there must be a fire" sort of move. Suing pretty much allows them to be in control and draw a long process out. It happened to me as one of the cryptocurrencies I was into at the time got sued by the SEC even though the SEC had no case against them, but the case went on for at least six years before a verdict was announced. I suspect that the law is just as long in England as well.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Of course they're guilty.

The spreadsheets got LEAKED.

They're going to pay the best lawyers, muck up the proceedings and likely drag it out. Costing the EPL more than they might fine them. All the while, sliding some money over to key parties to keep support.

Everyone knows it. Now they're just coming out and daring the rest of the EPL to do anything.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Of course they're guilty.

The spreadsheets got LEAKED.

They're going to pay the best lawyers, muck up the proceedings and likely drag it out. Costing the EPL more than they might fine them. All the while, sliding some money over to key parties to keep support.

Everyone knows it. Now they're just coming out and daring the rest of the EPL to do anything.
Just dissolve the club.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It would make the most sense. But they're not going to do that. Other owners like the value they've created in others buying into clubs in the EPL.

Ban them from Europe, give them dramatic point losses to where they go down, massive financial penalties, and it would do a lot of the same thing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They don't have any fans anyhow. So what does it matter if they jack ticket prices.

Going to ruin it for away supporters, but to be honest, I think a lot of people would be fine with it.

I like to make the joke as much as the next guy, but like, let's not pretend that's actually true.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I like to make the joke as much as the next guy, but like, let's not pretend that's actually true.
Did you see their parade? Have you seen their stands at matches?

They have SOME fans. But they definitely aren't supported to a significant degree when you compare them to their supposed rivals.

note: they've also alienated a lot of what used to be actual City supporters with a lot of how the club has been run.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
From what I've read on english forums, Manchester City has more fans in Manchester, while United have more fans outside of Manchester

But I can't confirm nor deny it

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Did you see their parade? Have you seen their stands at matches?

They have SOME fans. But they definitely aren't supported to a significant degree when you compare them to their supposed rivals.

note: they've also alienated a lot of what used to be actual City supporters with a lot of how the club has been run.

Maybe not compared to their main rivals (though that was something they prided themselves on against bandwagon United supporters in the pre-takeover days) but like, surely many more fans than any team in the MLS say. And any number of fans they've alienated will have been more than compensated by kids coming up on their success.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think Man City defense is quite poor. Basically admitting they used revenue scheme to get unfair advantage for many years and by now with the EPL removing that scheme that unfair advantage they had will go to the more established club. I also think suing back the EPL is a just way for them to say that they will use all their money to drag the process and force the EPL to spent significantly on legal fees.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
From what I've read on english forums, Manchester City has more fans in Manchester, while United have more fans outside of Manchester

But I can't confirm nor deny it
According to a poll by the Manchester Evening News in 2023:

0_image.png

...in 2018:

0_red-or-blue-map-FINISHED.jpg

...and 2012:

C_71_article_1492123_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Reactions: Power Man

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's also hard to gauge from that map considering it doesn't exactly give population.

I'm not saying City doesn't have fans. But they're not that widely supported.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Axis of Evil
Newcastle and Chelsea in there for obvious reasons. Everton is just in there to spite the PL because they are pissed about the points deductions. Not even kidding.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Reactions: KJS14

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Newcastle and Chelsea in there for obvious reasons. Everton is just in there to spite the PL because they are pissed about the points deductions. Not even kidding.
Also Everton's new potential owners don't want anything to do with financial oversight since they're a bunch of fraudsters. I have no doubt that plays into the (still) current owners doing this as well.

Reactions: Jussi

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
City and Newcastle can go F off in the "super league" then and try to make their own rules. Two authoritarian nation-owned clubs think that the power of the majority (aka democracy) is discrimination against them? Lol

Chelsea, Everton, and Villa can go with them if they want to. Have fun with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad