Super League and cheating by ManCity and PSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't even really understand the "tyranny of the majority" complaint. Like what's the other option? Requiring unanimous consent on everything which means that a single club can impose their will for a lack of change? How is that better.

Reactions: JPBolts

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don't even really understand the "tyranny of the majority" complaint. Like what's the other option? Requiring unanimous consent on everything which means that a single club can impose their will for a lack of change? How is that better.
And tyranny of the majority is even underselling the system. It requires a super majority of 14 clubs, not just 11. But it makes sense that an authoritarian government would have a hard time understanding that and abiding by it.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Also Everton's new potential owners don't want anything to do with financial oversight since they're a bunch of fraudsters. I have no doubt that plays into the (still) current owners doing this as well.

777 arent going to own Everton and it isnt the reason Moshiri would be doing it.
it may purely be out of spite against Masters.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Chelsea will support it since they've been using loopholes for the past few seasons.
Newcastle are state owned so it would directly benefit them to be able to do what city did.

Everton is an interesting one, the club might support City, but I think the fans will be against them

edit: seen that Villa are the other one. Guessing that's due to them having to potentially sell of players to meet FFP this summer

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea will support it since they've been using loopholes for the past few seasons.
Newcastle are state owned so it would directly benefit them to be able to do what city did.

Everton is an interesting one, the club might support City, but I think the fans will be against them

edit: seen that Villa are the other one. Guessing that's due to them having to potentially sell of players to meet FFP this summer
Those clubs (except City) are all on the brink of failing PSR too

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Those clubs (except City) are all on the brink of failing PSR too
English Football authorities have to blame themselves for creating that current shitshow. They allowed these rich owners pouring in their own money to create super team and then sudenly decided to put a cap on that, well that was so obvious from the get go that it would eventually turn bad. As for all the 'rich owner' now act like it is unfair, it's a bit hypocrite too, is it unfair they cannot abuse a rule like Chelsea and City did in the past, sure, but they can have a path to become european juggernauth, they can follow the path of financial success from Spurs, Arsenal and even LFC (who were very close to fall under administration) which was lengthy and forced them to sell top players, build their stadium but they want the Chelsea/City path of instant cash injection.

On a sidenote, Man City is the scummiest club of all though not just because they abused the financial rules in place for years to be able to comply to the financial regulations but also because they acted like they were clean for all these years creating that mirage for their 'supporter' that they were on par in revenue with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc. Now they are about to go down, they act like the small club saviors that want to save the EPL from the other rich EPL clubs.

Reactions: PeteWorrell and Rob

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What evidence would other clubs have on city?

Sounds very much like Melynk’s forensic evidence against Cooke.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This is probably why Villa and Everton are supporting City's claim. Can't properly plan and abide by financial rules, so they're going to side with a nation state... Chelsea too, but can't say we expected any better out of them.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm kinda shocked Liverpool aren't in the mix.
Why would they be? We follow the rules to a fault.

The only ones against are either state owned and/or about to fail PSR.

That’s the theme here

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is probably why Villa and Everton are supporting City's claim. Can't properly plan and abide by financial rules, so they're going to side with a nation state... Chelsea too, but can't say we expected any better out of them.

This is turning out to be like that Marvel's Civil War movie and Perez the Great is Thanos with all the stones wanting the super league lol.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This is turning out to be like that Marvel's Civil War movie and Perez the Great is Thanos with all the stones wanting the super league lol.
I think I already said it - that's fine by me. Let City and Newcastle go join the super league and spend infinity money if they want. But if they want to play in the PL, then they have to abide by the rules that the league collectively agrees upon.

Newcastle fans would probably burn the city to the ground in protest, so the Saudis would be better off selling them and just creating a new team in the super league to be their plaything. On the other hand, most City fans are shills for their sheikh.

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think I already said it - that's fine by me. Let City and Newcastle go join the super league and spend infinity money if they want. But if they want to play in the PL, then they have to abide by the rules that the league collectively agrees upon.

Newcastle fans would probably burn the city to the ground in protest, so the Saudis would be better off selling them and just creating a new team in the super league to be their plaything. On the other hand, most City fans are shills for their sheikh.
The problem is that if they join the Superleague, Arsenal would most definitely be joining that league somewhere down the line. It would be inevitable, too much money for the Kroenkes' to by pass on.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The problem is that if they join the Superleague, Arsenal would most definitely be joining that league somewhere down the line. It would be inevitable, too much money for the Kroenkes' to by pass on.
I don't think that's a guarantee. The PL would still rake in money without City and Newcastle (and Chelsea too if they want gone). As long as United, Liverpool, and Spurs stay, then there's no reason for us to join.

This isn't going to be the same super league that was contemplated in 2021 when all of the English clubs were set to join. It's just Madrid, Barca, and the poor Italian clubs. They couldn't even get PSG to join them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

United, Arsenal, Spurs fans and etc. all be like

tumblr_p2ztev0r1c1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad