Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Loading up line one with #88, is a step back. Not sure of the reasoning but the eye test tells me #27 doesn’t come off and he goes 1 plus minutes per shift. So I guess #88 wants his cookies too…
I agree with all other posts re: managing ice time for all lines. Last night I watched the Pharand line, early in the game, have an amazing shift in the OZ and after a minute I was wondering why they extended what was a great shift and then got caught scrambling in their own zone because they were exhausted. Answer: everyone is fighting for ice time because of the inequity of first line.
A more balanced attack is required for long term success. Gotta move #88 with Delly and be hard on #27 to have .45 - 1 min shifts.
All lines need their cookies and need to feel included and productive in their assigned lines/roles.
Good news we have a bit of time to figure it out..

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Wow. Have a gander at the special team stats on the OHL website. London is the best in both. The wolves are below average in both. If we had the same pp and pk stats as London, the wolves would be at the top of the league and it wouldn’t be close.

Really too bad they didn’t hire a real OHL coach this year.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
I completely agree with Goyette on the wing with Delic on line 2. But stop complaining about the TOI of Musty. The wolves will go as far as Musty and Dvorsky carry them.
I hope this is sarcasm because this is exactly what’s wrong with this team. Nobody can be above the team concept if you want to win a Championship.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I hope this is sarcasm because this is exactly what’s wrong with this team. Nobody can be above the team concept if you want to win a Championship.
If the wolves had any hope at real coaching I'd agree. But in the current predicament they have to outskill their opponent every game, because they certainly won't outcoach them, and most games will have the weaker goaltending. If Musty, Dvorsky or Goyette have an off game, they're probably not winning.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Wow. Have a gander at the special team stats on the OHL website. London is the best in both. The wolves are below average in both. If we had the same pp and pk stats as London, the wolves would be at the top of the league and it wouldn’t be close.

Really too bad they didn’t hire a real OHL coach this year.
Note however, we have had a marked improvement as we were deadlast in at least one of those categories. To now be middle pack suggests good things. I wonder where we stand if only the last say, 20 games were calculated. No London, agreed. If we could just stop those SHG!

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
If the wolves had any hope at real coaching I'd agree. But in the current predicament they have to outskill their opponent every game, because they certainly won't outcoach them, and most games will have the weaker goaltending. If Musty, Dvorsky or Goyette have an off game, they're probably not winning.
Unfortunately it all comes down to hot goal tending in close games, hopefully we get that if not we have to score 6 goals or more to stand a chance. May be next to impossible if we face North Bay at some point in the playoffs.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
I completely agree with Goyette on the wing with Delic on line 2. But stop complaining about the TOI of Musty. The wolves will go as far as Musty and Dvorsky carry them.
Wrong! If that’s the case they better not get hurt. You NEED 23 players tugging on the same rope to win a Championship. We obviously have three superstar forwards, but Team comes First. NHL superstars play average 20-21 mins/gm, outside the top 3 and McCallum, all Wolves forwards are below 15 mins/gm. Majority play 13 mins/game or less. Not good enough. With the depth on this team, they ALL need to be utilized away better. IMO

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Vondras is the starter, Jackson is in as well.
Delic and Goyette not together.
Goyette and Delic not together then expect no flow to this game. Out top line will be shut down with the majority of the ice time and the other lines will be limited to spot duty. Expecting a worse effort than last night. Hope I’m wrong but the coaching decisions put me in a foul mood already.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Wrong! If that’s the case they better not get hurt. You NEED 23 players tugging on the same rope to win a Championship. We obviously have three superstar forwards, but Team comes First. NHL superstars play average 20-21 mins/gm, outside the top 3 and McCallum, all Wolves forwards are below 15 mins/gm. Majority play 13 mins/game or less. Not good enough. With the depth on this team, they ALL need to be utilized away better. IMO

Roughly 40% of LW TOI at even strength and man advantage is about 20-23 min/gp. Unless Delic and Villeneuve are getting shifts at LW in addition to C, the other LW do not warrant 13+ minutes imo.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
A shorthanded goal from Villeneuve on the first shot of the game. I wonder if the bulldogs thread is in shambles after allowing the first goal on the first shot like our thread.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
A shorthanded goal from Villeneuve on the first shot of the game. I wonder if the bulldogs thread is in shambles after allowing the first goal on the first shot like our thread.
I wonder if they've done it seemingly a half dozen times this season.

Love to see another bench falling apart for once though. Wolves score and instantly back to the PP.

Reactions: WolvesFanInNorthBay

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
High quality of commentary as usual, Brantford announcers are outraged that you can't hack down a player with 2 seconds left and get away with it.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You are a real work in progress, simply asked a question, but of coarse your sarcastic mentality comes to the surface. A real winner.
you must be the neighbourhood watch captain on your street.

• Haha
Reactions: Wisdom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad