Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Here's a different take. One of the problems this team is having is because they play Musty and Dvorsky too much. The top players are "scoring consistently" as they are on the ice so much. Some actually refuse direct coaches instructions to come off. One of the new guys from a trade has commented that he's never been on a team with so little accountability from some of the top players. Further if you want consistent play from some of the others then you have to play them more often and consistently. Its tough getting into the game flow for some of these players. The favouritism on this team, the lack of accountability and the over reliance on a few is well known amongst the players. That also explains why guys like Beck and Mayer and others rejected the Wolves after speaking with some of their buddies on this team. This is entirely on the coaches not at all the players.
For a guy new to town and who recently joined our boards you have a lot of negative to say.

WJ

Reactions: Wiserbud

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Up 2-0after 1 and dominating the first. Have to put the nail in the coffin. Can’t let NB get back into the game and then take the lead the way they did. Good fight from wolves to come back and salvaging points. NB dominated the overtime. Sudbury not valuing possession in the extra frame. They have to be better. I don’t care that they won. Not happy with the way they played the second half of the game.
The wolves would be leading 7-0 and some of you would bitch about something its hilarious reading on the wolves topic.

BuffaloSabres72

Jan 9, 2024
You claim to know a lot about these players and how they interact with each other and their coaches for that matter.
Accusation of favoritism is a very personal level claim.
I'm speculating that you are somehow connected with a 3rd or 4th liner from the team?

Can you shed any light on how you have such up close a personal points of view for how
opntntntntondoed
Don't mind you asking at all. Nope not connected with any of the players although I've heard some of their grousing. I have however become friends with multiple members of the support staff who interact regularly with the team. Their stories and issues are remarkably consistently. The favouritism and obvious lack of accountability issues are regularly mentioned as a cancer that is undermining team morale.

For a guy new to town and who recently joined our boards you have a lot of negative to say.

WJ
I'm merely repeating what many close to the team are saying.

BuffaloSabres72

Jan 9, 2024
For a guy new to town and who recently joined our boards you have a lot of negative to

WJ
Sorry you feel that way. My observations are repeats of what some close to the team are saying. For another take, search up Big Daddy Paps on Twitter. I don't know whose posting that but I have to assume it's one of the current players. It's not flattering.
Personally I'd like to see the Wolves do well. I've got some friends within the organisation that are fine people. They're frustrated with what they see.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Sorry you feel that way. My observations are repeats of what some close to the team are saying. For another take, search up Big Daddy Paps on Twitter. I don't know whose posting that but I have to assume it's one of the current players. It's not flattering.
Personally I'd like to see the Wolves do well. I've got some friends within the organisation that are fine people. They're frustrated with what they see.
Just checked out the Twitter... first tweet was January 8th, 2023 and it doesn't look good for the organization that's for sure. What an embarrassment this season has become.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Honestly, that was the best team defence I’ve seen the wolves play this season. The battalion had to adjust their because they could not move the puck in any zone for nearly the entire first period.
And the goaltending was fine, no reason to complain.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Sudbury Wolves vs North Bay Battalion
Friday, January 26th, 2024 @ 7:05PM

Sudbury Community Arena – Sudbury, Ontario

OHL Gamesheet
Listen Live

Second game of a back-to-back home and home with the Wolves winning in a shootout 5-4 last night.

Starting Goalies:
Sudbury – Vandenberg (Confirmed)
North Bay – DiVincentiis (Confirmed)

Not dressed:

Sudbury
:
Ryan Pryce
Lucas Signoretti
Devin Mauro

North Bay:
Nolan Laird
Ethan Procyszyn (Knee Injury)
Stef Forgione

Starting Lineup:

Sudbury:

Quentin Musty
Dalibor Dvorsky
Evan Konyen
Andre Anania
Donovan McCoy

North Bay:
Dalyn Wakely
Owen Van Steensel
Anthony Romani
Paul Christopoulos
Tnias Mathurin

Officials:
Referee I: Ryan Elbers (9)
Referee II: Damian Figueira (8)
LINESMEN I: David Milne (63)
LINESMEN II: Dalton Kipp (86)

North Bay BattalionSudbury Wolves
22-15-5-2Season Record24-14-3-2
6-2-1-1Last 10 Games7-3-0-0
0-1-0-1Streak2-0-0-0
5-4 L vs Sudbury (2024-01-25) Final SOLast Game5-4 W @ North Bay (2024-01-25) Final SO
9-9-2-1Home Record14-6-1-0
13-6-3-1Away Record10-8-2-2
173Goals For202
166Goals Against164
30/155 (19.35%)Power Play40/192 (20.83%)
14/74 (18.92%)Power Play - Home19/97 (19.59%)
16/81 (19.75%)Power Play - Away21/95 (22.11%)
32/172 (81.4%)Penalty Killing44/192 (77.08%)
19/80 (76.25%)Penalty Kill - Home18/83 (78.31%)
13/92 (85.87%)Penalty Kill - Away26/109 (76.15%)
Ihnat Pazii (6-11-17)Leading RookieBraydon Bruce (0-0-0)
Liam Arnsby (63)Most Penalty MinutesChase Coughlan (54)
11.7/44Team PIM/GM13.4/43

Whoever it is, they did not like Dylan Robinson.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolvesFan

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
This information does nothing to improve the Sudbury Wolves culture and reputation. In fact it’s quite embarrassing that someone would take the time to create it. I say disgruntled player/parent. Every team has them. Not sure why this person goes to the extent. Anyone smart enough will know it’s someone who is a trash and has no credibility. A top 2 team in the East can’t be all that bad in Sudbury! Beck and Mayer if they really felt that way about Sudbury then I’m glad they are not here.

Do we have improvements on and off the ice to address? Sure but no different anywhere else. We can comment our displeasure at losses but to get personal serves no purpose or value. Paps has done good things and some questionable moves but name one team that doesn’t have an inside story about a player or agent or parent. I bet if we heard Paps side to these former players, parent or agent things we would be perceived quite different for some on these boards. Remember 2 sides or even 3 to every story!

Let’s focus on improving and seeing the team have success. Negative is outside noise the players and staff don’t need. And as a fan I want to see them do the best they could. Our part is to get behind them and pump them up. Players are young they can be motivated and buy in regardless of nonsense and their personal feelings of management and coaches. They all want to win!!!

WJ

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I feel like if you look through the entire history of the account its becomes pretty evident it's a parent not happy about their child situation.

BuffaloSabres72

Jan 9, 2024
Search Big Daddy Paps on Twitter. I don't know who is posting this but it seems like a player maybe? It's not flattering but kinda funny.

I feel like if you look through the entire history of the account its becomes pretty evident it's a parent not happy about their child situation.
I'm quite happy with my children's situation. They are all grown and happy although none live in Sudbury. Nope you have read me wrong.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Search Big Daddy Paps on Twitter. I don't know who is posting this but it seems like a player maybe? It's not flattering but kinda funny.

I'm quite happy with my children's situation. They are all grown and happy although none live in Sudbury. Nope you have read me wrong.

I think your connected to the Walton's, also you mentioned you work at the arena in Windsor? so what is your story?

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm new to this site but have some insights. I work at the arena, so notice a few things. The Walton kid isn't shaving yet so must be still growing. He is also always at practice one of the first on the ice and last off. That plus he's always smiling makes me think he's worth keeping. I also notice that after practice only 3 Spits do regular gym stuff. It's Greentree, Davis and Walton. Others pass on the extra work more often than not. I'm not sure what conclusions to draw from this but these are my observations from the rink the past few months.

????????

Reactions: djscooter

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Sudbury Wolves vs North Bay Battalion
Friday, January 26th, 2024 @ 7:05PM

Sudbury Community Arena – Sudbury, Ontario

OHL Gamesheet
Listen Live

Second game of a back-to-back home and home with the Wolves winning in a shootout 5-4 last night.

Starting Goalies:
Sudbury – Vandenberg (Confirmed)
North Bay – DiVincentiis (Confirmed)

Not dressed:

Sudbury
:
Ryan Pryce
Lucas Signoretti
Devin Mauro

North Bay:
Nolan Laird
Ethan Procyszyn (Knee Injury)
Stef Forgione

Starting Lineup:

Sudbury:

Quentin Musty
Dalibor Dvorsky
Evan Konyen
Andre Anania
Donovan McCoy

North Bay:
Dalyn Wakely
Owen Van Steensel
Anthony Romani
Paul Christopoulos
Tnias Mathurin

Officials:
Referee I: Ryan Elbers (9)
Referee II: Damian Figueira (8)
LINESMEN I: David Milne (63)
LINESMEN II: Dalton Kipp (86)

North Bay BattalionSudbury Wolves
22-15-5-2Season Record24-14-3-2
6-2-1-1Last 10 Games7-3-0-0
0-1-0-1Streak2-0-0-0
5-4 L vs Sudbury (2024-01-25) Final SOLast Game5-4 W @ North Bay (2024-01-25) Final SO
9-9-2-1Home Record14-6-1-0
13-6-3-1Away Record10-8-2-2
173Goals For202
166Goals Against164
30/155 (19.35%)Power Play40/192 (20.83%)
14/74 (18.92%)Power Play - Home19/97 (19.59%)
16/81 (19.75%)Power Play - Away21/95 (22.11%)
32/172 (81.4%)Penalty Killing44/192 (77.08%)
19/80 (76.25%)Penalty Kill - Home18/83 (78.31%)
13/92 (85.87%)Penalty Kill - Away26/109 (76.15%)
Ihnat Pazii (6-11-17)Leading RookieBraydon Bruce (0-0-0)
Liam Arnsby (63)Most Penalty MinutesChase Coughlan (54)
11.7/44Team PIM/GM13.4/43

Whoever it is, they did not like Dylan Robinson.
What a ridulous twitter page. It should be closed. Worst I've seen.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Not talking about your comments, I'm referring to the twitter account

Expecting a good showing from the boys tonight, I predict 7 3 Wolves.
Lately if you predict a team scoring 7 goals it sure feels like you're likely to be right. Hope they come out and win all three periods while ramping up the physical game to get playoff ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad