Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Is Caden Taylor a left winger or a centre. He is listed as a left winger on the Sudbury roster but he was drafted as a centre.
Petes may test him out as a centre. our centre depth is now quite weak with Tommy Purdeller (playing majority RW), Chase Lefebvre (has also played a lot of wing this year) and Brody Partridge.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Petes may test him out as a centre. our centre depth is now quite weak with Tommy Purdeller (playing majority RW), Chase Lefebvre (has also played a lot of wing this year) and Brody Partridge.
That is why I asked the question also we also now have three 2007 left wingers and need to to add a centre in that age group or a year older.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Step 1 - complete. High end shut down Dman brought in, and it was a huge need. Welcome McCoy!

Step 2 - bring in Giroux as an OA. I like his speed and offensive skills. He also plays highly motivated in front of family and friends so I expect him to have some huge nights for us. Another captain and leader, and has some good playoff experience.

With those two moves, that will leave us with only TWO cards remaining. Signoretti played his 10th game on Saturday so he counts as a card now.

Step 3 and 4 yet to be determined. But Wolves have lots of picks to play with, and there's still some upgrades remaining on the board. Will be interesting to see what happens with OA's Toure and McCallum.
I believe Signoretti and Mauro already sent to Espanola.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Goyette Dvorsky Musty
Delic Giroux Xhekaj
Walton Villeneuve Konyen
Yearwood McCallum Pharand
Coughlan

Buchinger Collins
Anania McCoy
DeAngelis Mania
Protz

Vandy
Vondy

#contender

The cheaper and other best D option is Punnett at this point. But you'd lose OA McCallum off the 4th line and run a Yearwood Pharand Coughlan 4th line. Hopefully Paps lands one of Buchinger or Punnett.. you got the picks use them like Saginaw did today

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Assuming Signoretti played some of his 10 games over World Juniors? Some of those games won't count towards his 10 allowed. Probably still on a B card
Signoretti previously played in Erie on an A card. Can you play on a B card after previously being in the league?

Reactions: HockeyPops

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Goyette Dvorsky Musty
Delic Giroux Xhekaj
Walton Villeneuve Konyen
Yearwood McCallum Pharand
Coughlan

Buchinger Collins
Anania McCoy
DeAngelis Mania
Protz

Vandy
Vondy

#contender

The cheaper and other best D option is Punnett at this point. But you'd lose OA McCallum off the 4th line and run a Yearwood Pharand Coughlan 4th line. Hopefully Paps lands one of Buchinger or Punnett.. you got the picks use them like Saginaw did today
Are you suggesting Delic is moved here??...I hate to see that but possible I suppose...

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
We need size and toughness

WJ

Bring in Giroux and Punnett.

And flip McCallum and picks for Xhekaj. McCallum is from the Brantford area and Brantford has an open OA spot.

Then call it a day.

Are you suggesting Delic is moved here??...I hate to see that but possible I suppose...

No. Delic is going nowhere. Delic can play wing or center in the top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad