Value of: Strong package from Buffalo at the draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Excellent package of players but it doesn’t touch the core. IMO the Sabres should keep the youngest guys (and prospects who are A level and soon to arrive) and move on from a core guy. They need to change their culture. Who are the Sabre core player? Attach one of those guys to the 2024 first and go after a key core piece (Brady Tkatchuk?) coming back.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Here's the initial offer type:

10th overall pick 2024 draft
Peterka
Ostlund

Some mentioned Brady Tkachuk for that offer. Let me tweek that a bit.

Tkachuk for:

Peterka
Kulich
Jokiharju

I switched Kulich with Ostlund because Ostlund is a natural center. The Sabres need more natural centers and Ottawa seems to have a bunch. Kulich figures to be a scoring winger with his shot. Peterak slots back with Stutzle. The Sabres add Jokiharju because Ottawa needs RHD. It's also a trade in the division, to the price gets higher.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Faceboner

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Travis Koency would be the guy I would go after. Not sure he is available. He is going to be a ufa but will be a young one. So giving him a long term contract will not be problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
How about we remove the 2024 1st, young roster player and prospect, and Montreal sends you Josh Anderson for something way less interesting than that package ?

The annoying thing I really think Anderson could be 20g, 40 point player if he finds the right team, with the right linemates and the right system.
Anderson has zero hockey IQ.

He's a walking example that you can have all the tools you want in a player, if he has air between his ears, then it's like having no toolbox to gather all those nice tools together..

Problem with Anderson is he don't have a clue when put on a line with talented players, so top 6 is out of line for him.

Once again, not smart enough to be a good defensive player.

He's paid way too much for playing on a 4th line... but it's where he belongs...

He's basically a useless player..

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022

Peterka
Ostlund

Tkachuk for:

Peterka
Kulich
Jokiharju

I switched Kulich with Ostlund because Ostlund is a natural center. The Sabres need more natural centers and Ottawa seems to have a bunch. Kulich figures to be a scoring winger with his shot. Peterak slots back with Stutzle. The Sabres add Jokiharju because Ottawa needs RHD. It's also a trade in the division, to the price gets higher.

Thoughts?
It's most likely fair value wise I don't like giving up that much but it probably means it's a good deal we already have a ton of wingers replacing jjp would have our wingers looking like:
Skinner, tuch
Tkachuk, Quinn
Benson, savoie
Not bad we get to keep ostlund
Which is a plus but with skinner c intractable up in 3 years I feel like we need to keep 1 of kulich or jjp to keep a strong rotation of top 9 wings also shipping out Joker leaves us with a hole at rhd I know Sammy can play right side but he hasn't had a fully healthy year yet. The trade can work but I would try to find a way to work different pieces in. Brady is worth it though net front physical guy that can score. I don't hate it don't love it good fair trade

Travis Koency would be the guy I would go after. Not sure he is available. He is going to be a ufa but will be a young one. So giving him a long term contract will not be problem.
We will give you your first rounder back for him

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
that's way too much for buchnevich, but for buffalo's first pick alone (assuming they win neither lottery) for buch would be good. the problem is you'd want him extended or else keep the pick

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I don't think Ottawa trades Tkachuk but I'd trade an arm and a leg.

Peterka, 1st, Rosén for Laughton and Konecny?
Would be a premium price just to fix our bottom 6 but I'd do it.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Peterka
Ostlund

Tkachuk for:

Peterka
Kulich
Jokiharju

Thoughts?
No, not close at all. Staois has literally said Brady is untouchable, plus he wouldnt be dealt for that package if the other team played in a different league, let alone in the same division & at the same stage in the rebuild.

Not happening.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
We will give you your first rounder back for him
What pick is that?

Edit: Nevermind realized you were talking about Rosen it’s gonna take a lot more than that to get Konency. Probably would take a more than the package Guentzel got.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Peterka
Ostlund

Tkachuk for:

Peterka
Kulich
Jokiharju

Thoughts?

Is Tkachuk better than Eichel? Because that’s more than we got for Eich.

At the time of the trade:
Peterka < Tuch
Sabres 1st > knights 1st
Kulich > Krebs
Jokiharju > nothing

Could we afford to give up those assets? Yeah, I think so. Should we, for just Tkachuk? That looks like a pretty lousy value proposition to me.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Is Tkachuk better than Eichel? Because that’s more than we got for Eich.

At the time of the trade:
Peterka < Tuch
Sabres 1st > knights 1st
Kulich > Krebs
Jokiharju > nothing
True

Eichel was hurt and wanted out. Tkachuk is not hurt and we don't really know what he wants.

Reactions: Daz28

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's not a wrecking ball, but is Jason Robertson of interest? Not that he's available, but imo he's a guy the Stars should probably trade before his next contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad