Post-Game Talk: Stolarz & Marner Steal a Point - Leafs lose 4-3

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No trade clauses or not, our Leafs management should make the entire core available for trade just to embarrass them.

These players just keep embarrassing our organization, and us as Leafs Nation. Enough is enough !!!

JMHO.

This group may actually be the Muskoka 5 that was prophesized a generation ago.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
That’s 100% on Matthews. I’m not a going to bat for Marner but if Matthews has control of the puck you’d think as a linemate you can change or grab your stick or whatever. A no look pass like that with pressure isn’t an acceptable play even if Marner was remotely available to receive it.
That play is on 100% Matthews. I’m pointing out the lack of effort from Marner to get to the bench.

Matthews should have gave it the high and hard off the glass. At least make it difficult for the Bruins to handle it if you know your out of gas.

Berube gets a bit a flack too for the double shift considering how much they played to finish the 3rd. 16 and 34 don’t have the greatest OT records when they’re on the ice.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It's the curse of the Leafs.

My luck, I will be on my deathbed watching Leafs in the Cup Finals on a TV in the hospital, Leafs win Game Seven in OT. I expire five minutes before the GWG.

Sports. A blessing (especially to play and stay active) and a curse.
I feel the very same way !!!

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That play is on 100% Matthews. I’m pointing out the lack of effort from Marner to get to the bench.

Matthews should have gave it the high and hard off the glass. At least make it difficult for the Bruins to handle it if you know your out of gas.

Berube gets a bit a flack too for the double shift considering how much they played to finish the 3rd. 16 and 34 don’t have the greatest OT records when they’re on the ice.

All Matthews had to do was shield the puck and go behind the net. If little rat Marchand follows maybe you just have to complete the turn and reassess. If he peels off you just hold the puck for the line change like any 6th defenseman.

Whacky5

Jun 9, 2019
Clearly it would be a disaster if they end up in 20th place overall or whatever, but we all know that isn't going to happen. People just like to moan for the sake of moaning.
How can you even have an ounce of hope with this team? How many more years of proof that you need that they are just a bunch of overrated, overpaid, heartless, passionless and embarrassment of a team?

God bless you that you always have this optimism about this team, but either you need glasses or just need a great old dose of reality. This team has never had it nor will it ever. Not with the make up of this team. They think they are the shit when they haven't done f*** all.

When people are saying they start slow in October, thats the norm, they'll play better next month, how can anyone be ok with that? I want a team that is hungry and serious from beginning until the end. Why can't we have that? Why do we make up so much excuses for these players? Overpaid ones at that.

These players are not serious or actually don't give a f*** because if they did, this would be a team that would be hungry to prove everyone wrong that they are not just a bunch of overrated players that got paid. It's the same old story every f***ing year to start and it will be the same story in the playoffs, that they were "just right there" and lose the first round. It's a joke.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
download-1.png

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Dude these are split second decisions they are making out there, he thought he was making a pass to a player that would be there, a player he plays with all the time. Some are saying he just intentionally threw it away. It was a mistake no doubt, but this isn’t the stuff you berate… you berate the two weak ass plays our 2nd line gave up.

Split second? He had all day, did you actually watch the game? I don't think he intentionally gave it away at all, he made a terrible play, it wasn't a bad break as you referred to it. Glad you finally acknowledged that.
Split second? He had all day, did you actually watch the game? I don't think he intentionally gave it away at all, he made a terrible play, it wasn't a bad break as you referred to it. Glad you finally acknowledged that.

Just because our 2nd line made mistakes doesn't mean you can't point out Matthews error too.

The loss is far from his fault, but that was a ridiculous play to make in Overtime.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
That play had no luck involved imo. It was a terrible read and decision.

It was a major impact mistake, like the other two that ended up in our net (McMann and Nylander). Three of their goals were basically given to them... you cannot win like that.

Stolarz was excellent.
All I am saying, is that Matthews’ mistake wasn’t some ‘throw it down there and hope for the best’. Definitely a mistake, but more a tough break for him given the sequence. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Stolarz and the top line were great today. But people will focus on Matthews, unfortunately. Our 2nd line was taken advantage of by their 3rd and 4th.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
What does that matter? He wasn't available for whatever play Matthews was trying to make. There were other options.
Watch the replay it’ll help explain why he didn’t have an option. His partner in crime half assed went to the bench. Rielly was also at the bruins blueline.

Reactions: BallardEra

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I’ve said this before. Marner makes decisions when it comes to changing and it gets him in trouble. That situation he needs to commit to changing or go support Matthews. Instead he puts in no effort to change to get a guy out there. Matthews is the reason for the turnover and goal against but better decisions need to be made by 16 and 34 there.
He does a weird shuffle that makes it look like he's turning back into the play, but it shouldn't have mattered for Matthews either way

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Jeebuzz cripes no way Matthews should wear that, no way, no how, no siree bob, uh-uh not our AM34, innocent as a new born lamb weeing in a stream. There's surely someone else to blame, hmmm let me think?

YEAH, THATS IT. THATS GOTTA BE IT! Mitch Marner that's the guy!

Reactions: Racer88

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
All I am saying, is that Matthews’ mistake wasn’t some ‘throw it down there and hope for the best’. Definitely a mistake, but more a tough break for him given the sequence. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Stolarz and the top line were great today. But people will focus on Matthews, unfortunately. Our 2nd line was taken advantage of by their 3rd and 4th.
I am not sure you know what a 'tough break' is.

Stolarz and Marner were great. Knies scored and was okay. Matthews was fine. Big goal but not great otherwise imo.

Ad

Ad

Ad