Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That is true, and he did help the team win a lot of games that season.
I think anyone with a brain should be able to recognize that the Oilers' record during the Penner years were the fault of management not bringing in enough quality players, rather than the fault of the guys actually scoring goals on the team at that time.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Some humility would be a start. Oilers fans running around like they're guaranteed another cup finals or even win ain't it, especially with the easy first 2 rounds they had.

It's great to be confident in your team, but yall acting like losing Broberg from an already bad D core that needed a lot to go their way last playoffs is nothing really is absurd.
Humility? What are you talking about? You asked an Oiler fan if they were confident in their team going deep again, after coming up with a bunch of if's and but's and hypotheticals of how they actually aren't very good and got lucky to have made it to the finals. Then proceeded to start arguing with me about my answer to your question that hinges on hypotheticals for teams that AREN'T the Oilers. Then you ignored a poster showing you how disingenuous your comments are since the Oilers had to face 3 division winners on their path to the cup.

And I need to show you some humility? Come on, man.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
For those oiler fans wanting to trade Nurse? He has 6 years left. 50%+ 6 first rounders to move that deal

Last edited:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
the difference is the Canucks caused the injuries to the Oilers, they were the ones that physically dominated them and created a lot of their injuries, it was part of their game plan when they traded for Zadorov along with the other giants in the back. Most of Vancouver's were inherited.
The Canucks didn't injure Henrique. Boeser was injured by the Oilers.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
"Broberg isn't worth the price"

Offer Sheets 101 - if you offer fair value, the other team will match. The team that offer sheets is forcing a trade, so they need to find an angle to which it works out.

Also, I wonder if the Blues are going for a psychological attack here with two offer-sheets. As in, are they hoping to "force" the Oilers into thinking they have a choice to make between the two players, and Holloway being more fair price, get Broberg?

After all, Broberg is a former 8th overall, 6ft4, 212 lbs, only 23, and produced good offense in the AHL. I haven't seen him play much, but on paper, seems like a GM's wet dream for 4M and a 2nd pick.
He will have to be paid more on his next contract which makes it risky.
Imo that is a better option than losing Broberg. He is the important player.
Broberg seems like he doesnt want to be here.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
They were 9th in GA last year. 5th after that brutal 11 game start. They had the same GA as florida in the playoffs.

Thats hardly brutal. How Edmonton can be described as having brutal D and a historically bad goaltender while putting up such a low GAA is mind boggling .......
If you want to look at Ekholm and a bunch of nobodies as good more power to ya.

It's hard to get scored on when McDrai can own the puck. Their defence is not responsible for those numbers

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Diabolical Doug Armstrong baby

a3570207-9d5c-4722-a530-8dcbb6a287ac_text.gif

knew Holloway the Calgary kid would be looking for a way out as soon as he could

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Humility? What are you talking about? You asked an Oiler fan if they were confident in their team going deep again, after coming up with a bunch of if's and but's and hypotheticals of how they actually aren't very good and got lucky to have made it to the finals. Then proceeded to start arguing with me about my answer to your question that hinges on hypotheticals for teams that AREN'T the Oilers. Then you ignored a poster showing you how disingenuous your comments are since the Oilers had to face 3 division winners on their path to the cup.

And I need to show you some humility? Come on, man.
Go thru this thread, there's plenty of overconfident Oiler fans before I showed up.

Reactions: Voight

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Vancouver with a 3rd string goalie should've been an easy round, but even they manged to make the Oilers look pedestrian.

Vegas as soon as Hill went in absolutely did. Ya'll only looked competitive against, funny enough, another 3rd/4th string goalie
Hill was their 3rd string goalie. Thomson was ahead of him, we lit him up, Hill went on an amazing run against Edmonton and in the Finals, got paid, and looked awful last year. Hot streaks happen. Hill hit one.

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Some humility would be a start. Oilers fans running around like they're guaranteed another cup finals or even win ain't it, especially with the easy first 2 rounds they had.

It's great to be confident in your team, but yall acting like losing Broberg from an already bad D core that needed a lot to go their way last playoffs is nothing really is absurd.
Broberg was a hot mess 99% of the time he played for us, he had potential but many people in the Oilers forum were calling him Bustberg.

• Wow
Reactions: Reality Czech

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Imo the Oilers should find a way to keep them. Match the sheets and put Kane on LTIR. Cross the capil nightmare bridge when we get to it

I will bet the farm if the Oilers(or any Canadian team) tried to do what Vegas and Tampa did? The NHL would step in right away and say no dice

Reactions: dukeofjive

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You can disagree with my opinion and thats ok, but the team is above any player not named McDavid/Draisaitl looking to maximize their salary during this window.

See above
So like Nurse?
When Broberg outplayed a guy making 9+ it’s pretty clear he felt he deserved a lot more than the Oilers were offering. And St. Louis agreed. Holloway will be difficult to replace too. Oilers moved McLeod earlier. That’s three young guys (potentially) gone.
Hard to replace those guys.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He will have to be paid more on his next contract which makes it risky.

Broberg seems like he doesnt want to be here.

Yeah I mean, if Broberg is worth more than 4.5M in 2 years, it's a happy problem for the Blues.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
They were 9th in GA last year. 5th after that brutal 11 game start. They had the same GA as florida in the playoffs.

Thats hardly brutal. How Edmonton can be described as having brutal D and a historically bad goaltender while putting up such a low GAA is mind boggling .......

No it's not. Just take a whiff. The room is full of Oiler hating back orifices ;)

The Canucks didn't injure Henrique. Boeser was injured by the Oilers.

And Petey went into witness protection

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Go thru this thread, there's plenty of overconfident Oiler fans before I showed up.
That has nothing to do with me, my response to your question, and your follow up posts. There was exactly one guy who was trying to argue that they should have taken less because the Oilers have a good shot at going back.

Literally nobody has guaranteed the Oilers are a lock for the cup.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
So like Nurse?
When Broberg outplayed a guy making 9+ it’s pretty clear he felt he deserved a lot more than the Oilers were offering. And St. Louis agreed. Holloway will be difficult to replace too. Oilers moved McLeod earlier. That’s three young guys (potentially) gone.
Hard to replace those guys.
Sure, if you provide a time machine I will tell them not to sign Nurse to that extension.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No it's not. Just take a whiff. The room is full of Oiler hating back orifices ;)

And Petey went into witness protection

I’ve never seen so much hatred directed toward a professional sports team since I would say The New England Patriots (during “Deflategate/winning” era). :laugh:

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad