Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
With out a doubt. Just having krug who looked bad out all year (he was struggling with injury) faulk will be healthy kessel growd a year more suter looked good for dallas and broberg. Thats solid with jospeh as a 7 man.

I think eventually broberg coukd be paraykos jaybo....i have a feeling
Laugh it up.

Just for fun, here is what I feel about the chances of offer matching possibilities:

Both offers are matched = 1% chance. The options to trade away just 2 players (to keep at least 20 man roster) to get under the cap are quite slim. Basically, it would have to be Kane+Ceci/Kulak. There are probably some more elaborate multi-player deals out there to be had, but with 1 week to work on this, I do not think it's happening. 1% means never say never.

Broberg only is matched = 19% chance.
To make this happen Oilers need to trade away both Ceci and Kulak. Honestly, I would be tempted to do that, just not impressed with either Ceci or Kulak that much. However, this isn't something that the team going for the Cup does, would be a bold and risky move. Plus, Oilers have been likely trying to trade one of these guys all summer long (what's the cap plan otherwise?), so probably isn't that easy to do one, never mind both.

Holloway only is matched = 70% chance. Without Holloway, Oilers lose speed, and would be forced to downgrade at F (Lorentz? Hamblin?) at league minimum just to ice 12 forwards on the opening night. Counting on somebody like Lavoie or Savoie is not a Cup contender plan.

Neither is matched = 10% chance.
This would be an emotional, ego, "we do not need you anyway" kind of move. Gotta leave some room for that.
So what your saying is there is a chance.....

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Just for fun, here is what I feel about the chances of offer matching possibilities:

Both offers are matched = 1% chance. The options to trade away just 2 players (to keep at least 20 man roster) to get under the cap are quite slim. Basically, it would have to be Kane+Ceci/Kulak. There are probably some more elaborate multi-player deals out there to be had, but with 1 week to work on this, I do not think it's happening. 1% means never say never.

Broberg only is matched = 19% chance. To make this happen Oilers need to trade away both Ceci and Kulak. Honestly, I would be tempted to do that, just not impressed with either Ceci or Kulak that much. However, this isn't something that the team going for the Cup does, would be a bold and risky move. Plus, Oilers have been likely trying to trade one of these guys all summer long (what's the cap plan otherwise?), so probably isn't that easy to do one, never mind both.

Holloway only is matched = 70% chance. Without Holloway, Oilers lose speed, and would be forced to downgrade at F (Lorentz? Hamblin?) at league minimum just to ice 12 forwards on the opening night. Counting on somebody like Lavoie or Savoie is not a Cup contender plan.

Neither is matched = 10% chance. This would be an emotional, ego, "we do not need you anyway" kind of move. Gotta leave some room for that.
Ill say 25% both are matched. 60% its Holloway alone, 10% its Broberg alone, and 5% neither.

Those 13 games clearly got Zadorov a bottom pairing dman, prone to turnovers and a 20 point guy paid.

Those 13 games also made sure Lindholm got what he got. Neither of them played anywhere near the value of the contracts they got.
Crazy that you dont understand that you cant compare how Zadorov and Lindholm did in playing 13 games in the 1st 2 rounds compared to what I was saying about Broberg playing 0 games in the 1st 2 rounds.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If I was GM of the Oilers, I'd cut losses and match the OS. Broberg is the Dman I would give a chance to at half of what The Curse is making. If he really wanted 1.8m and they balked, then that organization is stupid.

I'd buyout Nurse (1.53m for 12 years), shop Skinner and picks to acquire a bonafide playoff netminder and work from there. My goal wouldn't be signing Drai this season, it would be to win the Cup. If Drai decides to leave after that, whatever, but the time is now and the ownership there is absolutely tone deaf and asleep at the wheel.

Which is vunderful for us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Trow

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If I was GM of the Oilers, I'd cut losses and match the OS. Broberg is the Dman I would give a chance to at half of what The Curse is making. If he really wanted 1.8m and they balked, then that organization is stupid.

I'd buyout Nurse (1.53m for 12 years), shop Skinner and picks to acquire a bonafide playoff netminder and work from there. My goal wouldn't be signing Drai this season, it would be to win the Cup. If Drai decides to leave after that, whatever, but the time is now and the ownership there is absolutely tone deaf and asleep at the wheel.

Nurse is buyout proof.

beardo

Jan 29, 2024
Their draft positions are irrelevant at this point
It kind of is relevant you’ve heard of asset management right? Lol. Two first for a second and a third. Negative value son.

Those guys are going to be there regardless, eventually.

If that's a players fate, he's not good enough for the NHL
Yes that is my point. Take the bag, nothing is guaranteed.

Reactions: pld459666

beardo

Jan 29, 2024
It’s not like this cripples the Oilers, I don’t know why everyone is getting so butt hurt about this. The Oilers will still be really good, in a perfect world you’d like to flesh out the team with some skill on cost controlled contacts, that’s all it is homies. Oilers are still legit. I say this as a Canucks fan.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
And how old were Crosby, Malkin, OV, Kane, Toews, Kucherov, Mackinnon, Barkov when they last the cup?
Crosby was 29 Malkin was 30-31, Ov was 30, Kane and Toews were 27, Kucherov was 28, MacKinnon was 25 and Barkov is 28

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
It kind of is relevant you’ve heard of asset management right? Lol. Two first for a second and a third. Negative value son.
The draft picks they used on both players is sunk, it shouldn’t have any impact on this decision. It’s just evaluating the value of each player on their new contracts against the compensation and the moves that would be required to be cap compliant.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
The draft picks they used on both players is sunk, it shouldn’t have any impact on this decision. It’s just evaluating the value of each player on their new contracts against the compensation and the moves that would be required to be cap compliant.
A lot of people are missing this key point.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
This is what happens when you get drunk and sign guys like Nurse and Campbell to those brutal deals. Awful mismanagement by Edmonton yet again.
To be fair, Edmonton is hardly the only team that has sign over the top contracts.....and one must remember, they just recently came within one goal of winning the Stanley Cup....I think they will be allright

Reactions: Wretched Oil

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

That's the financial cost, the cap hit is -1.5m for the first year and then 9.5 until 2030, then 1.53 until 2036.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Again, my reply was to "no one takes a pay cut to play in Edmonton". It was to "no young player takes a pay cut to play in Edmonton". Broberg & Holloway can't take a pay cut anymore to stay in Edmonton, not sure if you're aware.

Work on your reading comprehension, then reply. Thanks.

Cool. That's not what I was replying to.

Everyone knows Edmonton is among the least desirable markets to play in due to a number of factors, which is why they often have to overpay players to come or stay. Maybe that's why you're so grumpy. Check your attitude bud.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kane is out several months so he could be LTIR’d

That’s 5.25 mill saved right there
Maybe a Ceci trade
Maybe send Perry and Ryan to the minors

There’s ways
Typical recovery time for nhl players for sports hernia surgery is 12 weeks. If Kane has the surgery in late Aug or early Sept he should be ready to play by early December. LTIR'ing Kane won't solve their problem.. it will only postpone it for a couple of months into the season.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Who were the other teams?

1000000226.jpg

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Typical recovery time for nhl players for sports hernia surgery is 12 weeks. If Kane has the surgery in late Aug or early Sept he should be ready to play by early December. LTIR'ing Kane won't solve their problem.. it will only postpone it for a couple of months into the season.
Ya, it would buy time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad