Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
What a masterclass by Brobergs agent. Parlayed ~6 good games (which if you look into the analytics weren’t all that great) into 9M guaranteed.

Was hoping the Oilers could get Broberg ~1.5 for the third pair and I think that’s fair value, so in the realm of a 3X overpay. STL doesn’t care as they just won’t qualify him in 2 years.
St. Louis hopes Broberg earns his money. Then signs a nice team friendly contract.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Not sure what you mean by "slide" and shouldn't be an issue but Armstrong will still need to make a move if EDM does not match.

Blues currently have 51 SPCs on a limit of 50 allowed. The only CBA exemption from counting against this number are "Age 18 and age 19 players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit".

The Blues have six players on SPCs that fit this (Stenberg, Dvorsky, Pekarcik, Stancl, Jiricek, and Lindstein). Only two of them play in the CHL (Dvorsky, Stancl), Stancl will very likely start the season in the CHL but Dvorsky will likely (or maybe not) get his 11 game tryout since he can't go to the AHL (won't reach 20 by 31 Dec).

Its not an issue as Armstrong could move a Loof or a McGinn or a Sylvegard for "future considerations" or convince one or more of Stenberg, Pekarcik, Jiricek, or Lindstein to move to the CHL but, like I said earlier, there will need to be a move,
Dvosky can go to the ahl. He is a europian player. He was loaned to sudbury. He is ahl eligible right now. All 4 of those players can go back to europr teams or be loaned to chl

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So, you think adding one injury plagued forward who has 18 career pts. in 89 gp, and another D who has 13 in 81 gp, will propel them ahead of one of CO, DAL, WPG, and NSH ? Maybe, but it sure as hell won't be easy. If MN avoids the injuries that they had last year(Spurgeon, Brodin, Foligno) and gets something out of Khusnutdinov and Ohgren, then they will be right there, also.

Its more than that. We had a few big issues last year. Our LD, D from our forward group, and our bottom 6. We have addressed every one of these (whether its sufficient, time will tell).

-LD - We got Broberg, Suter and PLJ. Not great, but if Broberg develops into a solid #2 and Suter stays a decent #3 its a big improvement.

-D from Forwards - We targeted good defensive forwards. Fafska is great and Holloway is looks real good on that side of the ice. Matthias Joseph is good on the fore/backcheck.,

-Bottom 6 - As mentioned above, we added Fafska and Joseph, maybe Holloway. We added Texier. We moved out Hayes who was a liability a lot of last year. We have a lot of speed and defensive skill in that bottom 6 when you consider we still have Kapanen, Toropchenko.

Our top line and goaltending was outstanding last year (under lying metrics on goalies when you account for poor D show they were one of the best pairs in the league). Out Top pair was great given their ridiculously tough minutes. Kessel came in and played really well. Faulk was rumored to be injured and should be better. The D outside of Broberg and Suter should be solid so we will see how they hold up.

Look, I am the first to call our team out when we are going to suck. I am not a homer in always thinking things are sunny. A ton depends on Holloway, Broberg, Kessel and maybe one of Bolduc or Dvorsky making strides, as well as Faulk bouncing back. But there is definitely reason to be optimistic about the Blues chances of making the playoffs and even winning a round if things break right.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
If Ekholm gets injured, that will cause a huge problem imo. Canucks have much better depth on D

Canucks D:
Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Forbort-Deharnais
Juulsen-Friedman

Oilers lost 2 NHL dman if Broberg goes. Which means they need to replace that depth due to injuries that might occur in regular season.
Well if blues get holloway and broberg maybe we help by sending the jospeh brothers retained for a 3rd to help out.

If someone had offered me Broberg for Barron a few days ago, I would have packed Barron's suitcase myself to send his soft, sorry ass away from here.

I do think Broberg's offer is crazy. But I think many would take a chance on him at 2M.
You are going to see him with parayko very soon. Broberg reminds me of jaybo.

Huge mistake brining him in. This does not happen to Holland

Is this happening worse than anything Holland has done?
Holland is armstrongs golfing buddy

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
If the Blues can get these 2....with their other great depth additions...I think they're easily back in the playoffs.
With out a doubt. Just having krug who looked bad out all year (he was struggling with injury) faulk will be healthy kessel growd a year more suter looked good for dallas and broberg. Thats solid with jospeh as a 7 man.

I think eventually broberg coukd be paraykos jaybo....i have a feeling

• Haha
Reactions: InTheBox

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
We have veterans taking discounts to contend for a cup, so it’s not as detrimental as some are making it out to be.

With that being said, I’d rather retain some cheaper talent now and expose Bouchard to a larger offer sheet later anyways. The compensation will be greater.

Sure, compensation will be better but they'd also lose a far superior player.

How much do a couple firsts matter when they have to sign 3 players for 40m per year over the next 2 offseasons? STL (or someone else) could OS Bouchard for close to 12 million next year for 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. How does that affect McDavid staying?

It may not be an issue with veterans taking less, but exposing Bouchard to keep Broberg for 4.5m is silly.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
We'd be better, but it has more to do with all our other moves and how bad our bottom 6 was last season.

Holloway instead of someone like Blais, Texier knocking Kapanen down, Joseph instead of Hayes, Faksa as a better 4th line C, etc.
Yep you are correct. Also broberg over an injured and horrible krug.

The team is better. Dont forget another year for kessel and a healthy faulk. We are.going to be a playoff team

Oilers will somehow match. They not gonna take these weak draft picks.
How can they. They need to clear 7 mil in space. They hace 4 days left

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
They have 7 days to make a move. They don't have to release some bullshit statement that says nothing at all.
Actuallythey have 4 left after today. Tuesday wednesday thursday so at tues 7am its over

Its more than that. We had a few big issues last year. Our LD, D from our forward group, and our bottom 6. We have addressed every one of these (whether its sufficient, time will tell).

-LD - We got Broberg, Suter and PLJ. Not great, but if Broberg develops into a solid #2 and Suter stays a decent #3 its a big improvement.

-D from Forwards - We targeted good defensive forwards. Fafska is great and Holloway is looks real good on that side of the ice. Matthias Joseph is good on the fore/backcheck.,

-Bottom 6 - As mentioned above, we added Fafska and Joseph, maybe Holloway. We added Texier. We moved out Hayes who was a liability a lot of last year. We have a lot of speed and defensive skill in that bottom 6 when you consider we still have Kapanen, Toropchenko.

Our top line and goaltending was outstanding last year (under lying metrics on goalies when you account for poor D show they were one of the best pairs in the league). Out Top pair was great given their ridiculously tough minutes. Kessel came in and played really well. Faulk was rumored to be injured and should be better. The D outside of Broberg and Suter should be solid so we will see how they hold up.

Look, I am the first to call our team out when we are going to suck. I am not a homer in always thinking things are sunny. A ton depends on Holloway, Broberg, Kessel and maybe one of Bolduc or Dvorsky making strides, as well as Faulk bouncing back. But there is definitely reason to be optimistic about the Blues chances of making the playoffs and even winning a round if things break right.
You forgot nick leddy

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Just for fun, here is what I feel about the chances of offer matching possibilities:

Both offers are matched = 1% chance. The options to trade away just 2 players (to keep at least 20 man roster) to get under the cap are quite slim. Basically, it would have to be Kane+Ceci/Kulak. There are probably some more elaborate multi-player deals out there to be had, but with 1 week to work on this, I do not think it's happening. 1% means never say never.

Broberg only is matched = 19% chance.
To make this happen Oilers need to trade away both Ceci and Kulak. Honestly, I would be tempted to do that, just not impressed with either Ceci or Kulak that much. However, this isn't something that the team going for the Cup does, would be a bold and risky move. Plus, Oilers have been likely trying to trade one of these guys all summer long (what's the cap plan otherwise?), so probably isn't that easy to do one, never mind both.

Holloway only is matched = 70% chance. Without Holloway, Oilers lose speed, and would be forced to downgrade at F (Lorentz? Hamblin?) at league minimum just to ice 12 forwards on the opening night. Counting on somebody like Lavoie or Savoie is not a Cup contender plan.

Neither is matched = 10% chance.
This would be an emotional, ego, "we do not need you anyway" kind of move. Gotta leave some room for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad