Starfield - Bethesda Softworks - Release Date - Sep 6th 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Looks like a solid upgrade overall for console players though as I predicted a locked 60 FPS is still off the table in big cities.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I'm still kinda disappointed the only worldviews left in humanity is Reddit Atheism, Generic Deism and Space Snake(?) and none of them were fleshed out to be cohesive with the world. I initially gave them a pass because its a new IP but.. they had a lot of time to think this through. Like in Far Harbor, the Children of Atom are way deeper than any of these factions and that's a small cult in a DLC.

Reactions: aleshemsky83

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Looks like Starfield is going to continue receiving updates for at least another year and there are plans for at least one more expansion. Honestly I thought they would be done with the game after Shattered Space so this is exciting to me.

Shattered Space is apparently similar to Far Harbor in scope and its handcrafted nature. I'm looking forward to this.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If you downloaded the Premium Edition from Game Pass, you get 1000 Creation Credits so you can buy that Bounty Hunter mission from the store (700 credits). Also, there's two free Unofficial Community Patches. If you download either one, I guess, achievements are disabled. So that's a heads up. I had to uninstall it because I'm still on the Unity mission and want the achievements.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
If you downloaded the Premium Edition from Game Pass, you get 1000 Creation Credits so you can buy that Bounty Hunter mission from the store (700 credits). Also, there's two free Unofficial Community Patches. If you download either one, I guess, achievements are disabled. So that's a heads up. I had to uninstall it because I'm still on the Unity mission and want the achievements.
That’s stupid why would they disable achievements.

I just fired up the game after 6 months and redeemed my credits and got hit with the “achievements are disabled unless you change the loader” or something. Like wtf does that mean.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s stupid why would they disable achievements.

I just fired up the game after 6 months and redeemed my credits and got hit with the “achievements are disabled unless you change the loader” or something. Like wtf does that mean.
I thinks that's been a standard thing with cheat codes "forever".

You have to disable the community patch you may have downloaded.

Last edited:

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I thinks that's been a standard thing with cheat codes "forever".

You have to disable the community patch you may have downloaded.

Are these all cheats though? I wanted to download a new mission for 700 but I don't want to lose my achievements. I am not trying to cheat.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Are these all cheats though? I wanted to download a new mission for 700 but I don't want to lose my achievements. I am not trying to cheat.
That shouldn't effect achievements.

The community patches aren't cheats just fixes to things Bethesda has yet to fix but since they alter the base game code, it interprets them as ones, thus no achievements.

If you can load up an older save, that means a Community patch isn't active. If none are visible, it's still on. You have to disable it from the "Load Order" menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreytWun

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I still can't complete the crimson fleet faction quest line on Xbox because of the disappearing ship bug. Hope it gets fixed...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What bug is this? I only know of that colony ship bug, which prevents me from completing a couple side quests.
The "best there is" quest, the UC Vigilance just doesn't show up. Doesn't appear. It's a known bug from months ago that has never been fixed and it completely stops the entire quest line. It's unbelievable.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
New expansion seems... mediocre. Disappointing. For a year of dev time and 30 dollars I expected way more, something closer to Shivering Isles or Far Harbor. Are they even capable of delivering like that anymore? After BGS lost/fired Kurt Kuhlman and Will Shen basically when Starfield came out, I have no idea who tf even works there anymore. Nobody who played an integral role in the good content BGS has put out (Morrowind/DLC, Oblivion/DLC, Fallout 3, Skyrim/DLC, Far Harbor etc) is even there anymore.

Bethesda's success after Skyrim wasn't a good thing for them, in my opinion. Instead of striking while the iron was hot they got high on their own supply and figured they could fart around for a decade+ doing whatever because they "earned that right." Now it's 13 years after Skyrim, Elder Scrolls 6 is still years away and who does Bethesda Game Studios have left to continue Elder Scrolls 6? Todd Howard, Ken Rolston, Julian LaFey, Ted Peterson, Michael Kirkbride, Kurt Kuhlmann and Bruce Nesmith basically created the world of TES and ONLY Todd Howard is still there. There is frankly no way TES 6 is going to be good - it's essentially like outsourcing it to another team, except that team is arrogant about the accomplishments of the original one.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Did anyone really expect Shattered Space to get good reviews? If people didn't like the base game, seems pretty obvious they wouldn't like a DLC that adds more content lol

I haven't played it myself yet, will try it sometime this week though.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Did anyone really expect Shattered Space to get good reviews? If people didn't like the base game, seems pretty obvious they wouldn't like a DLC that adds more content lol

I haven't played it myself yet, will try it sometime this week though.
I liked the base game more than most and though I haven't played it yet, it looks.. underwhelming from watching others play. Even people like MrMatty who famously loves BGS and got an interview with Todd Howard says it sucks.

For a studio that 12 years ago made Dawguard in 6 months (two new factions, a few good misc questlines, new ways to play, a ton of new good/unique items, new locations, new enemies, a meaningful companion).. and then Dragonborn 6 months later - a year to make something that has less content than both Skyrim expansions for more money is sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad