Jul 25, 2006
You needed to add the gif
WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DO THIS?!?!?
IMG_2865.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am fuming brethren and not because Edmonton won, but because Florida sleepwalked one and a half games giving Oilers life. If the Panthers play like the third period in game 6, they easily win 6-1, but you're in Oilers territory who have nothing except the Oilers. That arena will be like Berlin in 1935, but with breasts instead of bombs.

Florida seriously needs to hyper focus how to work around this Oil PK. It's absurd how bad they look. They telegraph their passes and the Oilers' forward just easily step it intercept them. I'd abandon the PP units and just go with lines 1 and 2. The extra forward isn't worth the risk anymore.
Panthers puck skills look like they just suck. The movement is so slow and lethargic on the PP, and nobody can make a quick passing play. Give the Oilers credit, but they're not 56 for 58 good or whatever their record is.

Reactions: sethro109

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh god. There are missed trips all over the ice all game long. If it's tight, they're not calling it.

PPs were 5-3, not 5-2. There have been ticky tack calls and missed calls both ways.

This isn't some conspiracy.
Nah, the refs were awful tonight and were heavily Oilers-biased. That doesn't mean the Oilers won because of it though, allowing a shorthanded goal and that rubbish angle goal by Bob were the difference maker. No excuses to make that play for a Connor Brown freebie.

Bobrovsky has never been in the Vasilevskiy/Shesterkin/Price/Lundqvist tier IMO. When he crumbles, he REALLY crumbles.

Would not surprise me one bit to see him give up 5 in game 6.

Also would not surprise me if he gets the hook early from Maurice if he allows 2 or 3.
Worry more about your boy Skinner in net than Bobrovsky. He's made some fluke saves that won't be able to continue long-term in this series.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I'm starting to believe the Smythe is McDavids no matter what now...
It probably should be. This is as impressive of playoff performance as we’ve seen in over 30 years. He’s been next level the last 7-8 periods. He likely still needs a decent game in a game 6 loss to shed the losing team stigma, but odds are pretty high he’ll be at least that.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah, the refs were awful tonight and were heavily Oilers-biased. That doesn't mean the Oilers won because of it though, allowing a shorthanded goal and that rubbish angle goal by Bob were the difference maker. No excuses to make that play for a Connor Brown freebie.

Worry more about your boy Skinner in net than Bobrovsky. He's made some fluke saves that won't be able to continue long-term in this series.
Bobrovsky has been dog shit since the 3rd period of game 3.

Skinner is 8-0 now in games 4-7 these playoffs. His play seems to get better as the series progresses whereas Bobrovsky clearly looks like he's now battling the mental issues he's had in playoff pasts.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It´s downright criminal if McDavid doesn´t get the Smythe. It should be unanimous at this point.
It really should. The Panthers contenders:

Bobrovsky pre-SCF had 7 of 17 games below .900 and now has had his shit pushed in the last 7 periods.

Barkov is 21 points behind McDavid and has not been able to shut 97 down as McDavid has 11 points this series.

Tkachuk is 20 points behind McDavid and prior to tonight had been silent this series.

Win or lose, it's got to be his.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Bobrovsky pre-SCF had 7 of 17 games below .900 and now has had his shit pushed in the last 7 periods.

Barkov is 21 points behind McDavid and has not been able to shut 97 down as McDavid has 11 points this series.

Tkachuk is 20 points behind McDavid and prior to tonight has been silent this series.

Yet somehow if you look at the discussions on the boards many disagree. I seriously don´t get it.

They must dislike McDavid or something.

Reactions: dahrougem2

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yet somehow if you look at the discussions on the boards many disagree. I seriously don´t get it.

They must dislike McDavid or something.
Some people are adamant that it has to be given to someone from the championship team. I understand that argument but if someone was so clearly better than everyone else but just happened to be on the losing team, that player should get it.

Barkov did a phenomenal job the first three rounds against Kucherov, Pastrnak, and Panarin but McDavid is a different animal and he's showing why.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd still say there's a 95% chance Florida wins this series. They aren't going to lose 4 in a row. It might take a nailbiter of a game 7 to finish the Oilers off, but I don't see Edmonton being able to pull a reverse sweep.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Some people are adamant that it has to be given to someone from the championship team. I understand that argument but if someone was so clearly better than everyone else but just happened to be on the losing team, that player should get it.

Barkov did a phenomenal job the first three rounds against Kucherov, Pastrnak, and Panarin but McDavid is a different animal and he's showing why.
Pretty much. I don´t see the logic behind that, but it is what it is.

That´s like saying the MVP has to go the presidents trophy winner.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Tkachuk is 20 points behind McDavid and prior to tonight had been silent this series.

The difference in points between McDavid and Barkov would currently be 5th in playoff scoring this year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd still say there's a 95% chance Florida wins this series. They aren't going to lose 4 in a row. It might take a nailbiter of a game 7 to finish the Oilers off, but I don't see Edmonton being able to pull a reverse sweep.
I agree.

The ONLY thing that gives me pause is they showed a stat during game 4 of the series:

The Oilers this season under Knoblauch after losing 3 games in a row:

5-0-0
16-0-0
8-0-0

There's definitely doubt in the minds of the Panthers now. Going back to hostile Alberta, yes they won game 3 but got absolutely pumped in game 4 and that's Bobrovsky's last memory of playing in Edmonton.

It'll be very, very interesting.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Florida is the better team and is a incredibly deserving Cup winner. But I feel like they have done it with all round team work and no real signature performance from anyone. Barkov/Bob were probably the choices until recently. If Tkachuk/Barkov had like 28/29pts than one of them rightfully wins the Smythe I think. But theres not a single Panther with a better case than McDavid right now imo.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Florida is the better team and is a incredibly deserving Cup winner. But I feel like they have done it with all round team work and no real signature performance from anyone. Barkov/Bob were probably the choices until recently. If Tkachuk/Barkov had like 28/29pts than one of them rightfully wins the Smythe I think. But theres not a single Panther with a better case than McDavid right now imo.
That´s it. They done it with balance and depth. Some really solid performances of course, but nobody has really delivered anything special. When your top candidates are a .906 SV% goaltender or a below PPG forward that´s pretty weak by Smythe standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad